don't click here

(OLD - ARCHIVE PURPOSE) Items, Menus, Title Cards & Misc Art

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Hitaxas, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The spring on the second one is much better than the first, as is the top right corner. Otherwise, the first one is a nicer overall board.

2. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    Finito! (finished!)

[​IMG]

About the ramp I'd like to see an "middle ver" between El and Sonica's :D

3. SANiK

SANiK

Tech Member
    Different perspective idealizations:
    [​IMG]

Due to the direction of the stripes in the original, I now think that Gamma might be totally off.

So it's prolly Alpha/Beta

And if we look at the 'collapsed' version:
    [​IMG]

We can see that the stripes stay the same, therefore, Gamma is TOTALLY out of the question then.

It's def. Alpha/Beta regarding the perspective

4. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    I don't really like the mountain. It looks too PhotoShop cutout filter/Scale 2x... It really wouldn't hurt to add some extra detail, would it? =\

5. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
  6. Videogamer

Videogamer

This is my attempt to remaster the Sonic Font.

Finished Letters: C-F, H-R, T, U, W, Z.

For me, the remastered letters don't stand out in contrast with the original. They seem to blend right in. Do you agree?

7. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    ....er...I don't think you are going in the right direction. For one, you made the letter itself oddly shaped compared to the original. The shadow looks weird and it seems like you didnt make it large enough. I think you should try a different style, because that isn't a start in the right direction, in my honest opinion.

8. Athelstone

Athelstone

Oldbie
    dzmetcalf, you can skip drawing the sparkling water on the title screen background by the way. We intend to reproduce it using a special method.

About remastering that font, here is some advice from one of our staff:

[​IMG]

"In order to succeed, you need to use your imagination. An example to do this font right is to draw it on paper as if you were to create a totally new font. Like this when the designer's brain has to fill in the missing spots (I am using my tablet instead of a paper)":

[​IMG]

9. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
  10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  11. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Actually, given context, that island in the back looks pretty awful. I think it needs some sort of proper CG or otherwise recreation, because making fancy curves over the original art doesn't seem to be cutting it.

12. kcowolf

kcowolf

Oldbie
    In my opinion, the green parts of the island look okay; it's the tan and brown-colored parts that look ugly.

13. Magitek

Magitek

USA
    Yea, specifically the area to the right of "2" and under/to the right of "HD". You can't really tell what it's supposed to be, so it just looks like smooshed paint. How funny that it looks weird now with the logo...

14. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
  15. dzmetcalf

dzmetcalf

yea, I haven't got to the tan/brown area yet, and yes more detail is coming, I need to have a base though in order to have direction of where to go, this is simply taking what was there, now I'm looking at many study photos to determine what the original piece was intended to be, expect updates in the near future.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  17. This was also my thinking, although I'd like to add that I experimented on the green sections in GIMP a bit and I think applying a mild selective Gaussian blur would look really nice (the radius=5, delta=50 defaults looked pretty good to me, better than other parameters I tried anyway). The reason I argue doing this is because the island is supposed to be distant and we should not be able to see a clear line between low-contrast (I.e. similar) colors on a distant object, but rather a slight blurring of those colors. I may get around to posting a sample of what I was thinking later. I don't think that we should try to apply this to the brown areas, at least not yet.

18. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
  19. SANiK

SANiK

Tech Member
    <!--quoteo(post=204146:date=Jul 4 2008, 09:53 PM:name=Elratauru)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Elratauru @ Jul 4 2008, 09:53 PM) [​IMG]

So? xD[/quote]

[​IMG]

20. dzmetcalf

dzmetcalf

So I just saw that shot taken out of the game I am guessing and that island is different from the source I found. May need to do some tweeks to the shape itself also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.