General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    Anyone else think we should start making our hacks more accessible to non English speakers? I sure do.
    upload_2024-4-17_21-35-48.png upload_2024-4-17_21-36-16.png upload_2024-4-17_21-36-45.png
    I chose Portuguese and Russian because from my perspective, Brazil and Russia are the 2 largest non English speaking countries that consume Sonic ROM hacks, if not seeking them out intentionally, then because hacks get bootlegged (Let's not forget the Russian physical release of Sonic Megamix) and I'd love for most who play this to be able to understand it!

Edit.
    Marthon mode.
    Evidently I'm not even an English speaker.

2nd Edit:
    Finalized the graphics (I hope) so here it is in motion.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
  2. As a Brazillian, I appreciate the Portuguese translation.

3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    <_< ♪♫

>_> ♫♪

* looks around unsuspiciously and whistles in Italian *

4. Kilo

Kilo

Canada
  5. Kilo

Kilo

Canada
    Been a minute, here's what's been done since you've last seen this hack.
    Metal Sonic now has a death state, which the camera will pan over to show you upon winning.
    Die.gif

And there's now a countdown before the level starts so you can get ready.
    English.gif
    Of course with Portuguese and Russian translations too.
    Portuguese.gif Russian.gif

And for CHEATERS there's options for removing the speed caps, and add the spindash and drop dash.
    SpinDrop.gif
    But using these will STAIN your time records as is deserved for SCUM.

6. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    The trailer for a project I'm on the dev team of got released today, we're all super excited to push towards release within the next 2-3 months :)

It's a fairly big level mod project within the style of vanilla frontiers but with all original level design, and a few other surprises!

7. Kilo

Kilo

Canada
    So, there was a problem with my hack. While on a technical level it was interesting in how I recorded Metal Sonic's data, it wasn't necessarily fun to play. Effectively, Metal Sonic was just a fixed countdown timer. You would get the same experience out of playing Sonic 1 Mega Play. So I fixed that! You can attack Metal Sonic to slow him down for a couple seconds, and he can randomly speed up and attack you!
    Sonic Attack.gif Metal Attack.gif

8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    upload_2024-5-23_21-29-50.png

If your program misbehaves, MD-OS will take your program into a dark damp room for punishment.

(Yes, you'll be able to write and run your own programs, provided the right SRAM type is available ;))

upload_2024-5-23_21-35-19.png