don't click here

Sonic Superstars: A New 2D Sonic Game (Fall 2023)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by DefinitiveDubs, Jun 8, 2023.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  1. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    is every game BUT Frontiers getting Shadow DLC/Patches?!

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    lol I’d love seeing classic sonic dressing up as the edge lord. Prob would wear his shoes and gloves I’m guessing? Think they’d make him black with the stripes at least? Also in the files apparently is something about Amy and IHOP seemingly? Idk. So she serves pancakes?

And I noticed another music glitch still remains. Sometimes if you clear an act with speed shoes active, the end act theme and certain other songs will play fast and that will continue to happen until you exit to the main menu. Before everything played fast though after that glitch so this is still better.

3. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

Sonic Superstars & Shadow
    upload_2023-12-11_20-55-17.jpeg

I cannot wait for this!

Edit: Or it could be robot parts for battle mode

4. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I'm imagining that it's just *actual* Shadow. Or possibly even LEGO Shadow.

5. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

I pray it's the real Shadow too with a classic design and they get creative and give him a DLC story without Sonic and Friends. Btw Sonic Superstars is getting a patch on PS5 as we speak. It's downloading now.

Edit: It fixed Knuckles' climb but not his glide. You still cannot hit the bosses multiple times at once. Super Trip can go through loops now. That is what I caught so far.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I love how Sonic fans constantly complain about how Sega is inconsistent with the lore and needs to fix it all up while simultaneously demanding Classic Shadow

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. penBorefield

penBorefield

Living in my best life Member
    Basement
    Patching things up
    Who are the "Sonic Fans" you are talking about?

8. I'm the first who usually calls out Sonic fans on their bullshit, but those are very different groups shouting for different things.

9. Zigetch

Zigetch

Enjoy this world~ Member
    Georgia
    Finally got the cartoon skins today, I love them so much. Sonic's just the right shade of blue now. Untitled403_20231212160747.png

10. Felik

Felik

How did you get them? I just browsed Steam's DLC section and they are nowhere to be found

11. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Personally, I've gotten the opposite feeling about CD's level structure, in that its offbeat approach is only really an issue because of the time travel properties. Making the effort to time travel has its issues because it requires the player having to plan around for ideal ways to time travel within the level, that the game can sometimes monkey wrench you into flubbing anyway. Playing the game in a more traditional sense (best seen in Time Attack mode, because time-traveling is deactivated there) I think allows CD to shine better as a platformer with a stronger focus on bizarre interactivity with the stage mechanics and level design. It's still somewhat imposing for people who play Sonic games for the sake of speedrunning, because its somewhat less predictable than the MD games (which are either streamlined for speed like 2, 3K, and Mania; or "traditional" in the vein of non-Sonic platformers like 1 and Superstars), but I think that is a more straightforward and more forgiving goal than the game's rules for traveling across time zones.

As for where Superstars is concerned--in that regard, I dunno if having level structures akin to CD would had helped; but I think the broader idea of having an oddball spin on the level tropes that do exist (in the same way CD was moreso a "remix" of 1, than a direct sequel) was needed. I think most of the level designs are better than given credit for, but a lot of the material --and more importantly, the execution of said material-- isn't all that novel.

12. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

You have to create a pointsrewardsplus account and they'll create you a Kroger plus card. Then you can buy groceries until you have enough points to redeem the comic skins.

• List
  13. Zigetch

Zigetch

Enjoy this world~ Member
    Georgia
    Yeah, the only way I managed to get enough points was by playing the Word Match game daily for about a week, since there isn't a Kroger anywhere near where I live. My Mom helped me guess the words and it was a whole lot of fun actually.

That said, I do hope the skins are made available traditionally as such a charming option being locked behind something so awkward is rather unfortunate. That and I hope Trip gets one of her own as well.

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    where does rabbit fit into the lore this question cannot remain unanswered

15. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

The prototype for the Ultimate Classic Lifeform, obviously. :V

16. Zigetch

Zigetch

Enjoy this world~ Member
    Georgia
    So my Switch just downloaded an update for this game, which added some Lego stages to Battle Mode and uh, Trip's nose is black on the title screen for some reason?

17. hiadlzupfer

hiadlzupfer

I haven't touched Superstars since I finished the Sonic story a few days after release - I am on PS4, the input lag made the game almost unplayable, has this been fixed?? I wanna give it another go, but if it gives me the need to play S3K, I dunno...

18. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    yeah to follow this thread just a little bit, I've always played CD as "Sonic 1 with extra features" in that time traveling is something I'll do by accident or just because as I make my way through and my focus is actually on clearing the stage with 50 rings so I can get all the Time Zones and get the good futures anyway. of note, rings in multiple layouts because of the time travel does make this just slightly less hair-pulling than Sonic 1.......

19. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    If you needed more confirmation that the game is doing well. Superstars is still charting in the top 20 best selling games for November. And it only fell down 4 spots.

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • List