don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    Oooooooh, watch out, there are new images and they are pretty big spoilers.

2. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Sounds fucking great, although I havent even watched the trailer yet!

3. VenomTH

VenomTH

[​IMG]

22 years later... That Tornado 2 model looking nice.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Excited for this! Been replaying the entire series of mainline games since purchasing and completing frontiers earlier this year.

It’s nice to see that knuckles won’t be in his emerald hunt style gameplay in the first(?) time in a 3D game (though it’s still technically emerald hunt :V)

Buzzed after seeing the trailer. Was expecting it tonight but I’ll settle for one more night of Worms Armageddon and Sonic Generations :oldbie:

5. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I'll say this: they totally did miss their opportunity to finally give Ouranos a distinct aesthetic. Modders put the fall textures from that one little island on it almost a year ago! It would feel much more climactic as the final island if it were draped in gold.

6. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Give it an autumn aesthetic. It's the best season and the best games have levels set in autumn.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I personally prefer the cherry blossom mod lol

8. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    The so-called "Towers of the Masters" are the exact same towers seen on Rhea Island. They are literally the exact same design.

So they either just reused the model, or they've done... something to Rhea Island. I don't see why they'd use the literal exact same thing for two different purposes, so this makes me very suspicious.

Also, should we re-open the spoiler thread? There is a whole lot here and it might be a smart idea.

9. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I don't love Amy's tarot cycle as a traversal method, nor + - the new characters still being cyberghosts (really hope you get the option to play as them in corporeal forms upon completion of the new content)   , but I'm certainly interested to play this tomorrow. Wasn't expecting new cyberspace levels so this DLC is probably already set to exceed whatever hope I had for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    I AM GOING FUCKING CRAZY I JUST WANT TO PLAY THIS ALREADY

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Guess it's time to finally fire the PS5 back up. Here we go...

12. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Wow, there's actually a really substantial amount here, and there's a few areas seen/mentioned in datamines that aren't even shown in the trailer. I'm really looking forward to playing this tonight! Almost wish I didn't commit to completely rebuild my PC first when I get home.

Trailer spoiler stuff:
    I did NOT expect to see Tails piloting the Tornado II either. After being kinda nervous about how these characters would be implemented, especially given how goofy they've been portrayed recently, I like that they actually look pretty cool. Amy has her Tarot abilities and hover and cool attacks, Tails can just fucking whip out the Tornado II and start flying???? And Knuckles can now canonically homing attack? Those new Cyberspace stages will be fun to S rank too, and I'm curious what the deal with the new HUD is! Genuinely, I'm impressed by how much is here. Hopefully it's a lot of fun and lays the foundation for Frontiers 2.

Edit: Also worth noting that we see nothing in terms of movement or gameplay changes for Sonic. I wonder if they actually did make some more physics changes, that would be a neat surprise.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
  13. I don’t want to spoiler tag so I’ll just be vague and say that the way Amy can move around looks really, really stupid. There had to be another option lol.

14. Lambda

Lambda

Alright, I actually like the Tarot-Cycle. It is kinda silly... but I like it when Sonic is kinda silly?

They're really bringing back the Tarot Cards thing into Amy's character, and I think it's a good idea. Let's be honest... with her not being Sonic Crazy anymore, she needs some additional defining character traits beyond "The Girl one with the hammer". Don't get me wrong, I've always liked Amy as a character, but she certainly needs some new elements to separate her from her older incarnations for folks who've never liked Amy as a character. Maybe this'll work, maybe it won't... but they're trying something.

So... they're making Amy somewhat magical, and as a result: are having Amy ride her hammer around like a witches broom! Check out the posing! The Tarot Wheel both makes it clear it's a "Magic Ability", but keeps the move literally grounded so people don't wonder why they can't use it to fly around the Open Zone.

So, yeah... I think it's actually pretty clever.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  15. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I'm already used to dumb things in wheel cars in my media. Can we just quit bitching about this silly trope already and accept its glorious stupidity for what it is?

16. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    I can excuse the gliding echidna with boxing gloves, but I draw the line at card games as motorcycles

It's honestly crazy that after 2 whole years, the Sonic Frontiers news cycle will end

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2023
  18. Snowbound

Snowbound

That’s assuming they don’t do any paid dlc next year. I know they’ve said this is the final update for frontiers but given the large player base for frontiers and goodwill sonic team’s built up with these free updates I think paid dlc is a possibility.

Personally speaking I’d rather they just start work on the next game… but I just wanted to throw this possibility out there

19. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    I think they'll use that energy to make a sequel based on what they've done so far

20. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    My game is updating now. Hope it's fun!