don't click here

Sonic Superstars: A New 2D Sonic Game (Fall 2023)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by DefinitiveDubs, Jun 8, 2023.

1. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I was half joking by saying "gamer rewards" because I couldn't remember what it's actually called, but... no, that actually says Gamer Rewards in the title.

Will have to see what I can do about all that. I'm still not quite sure I'll have a PS5 by October and even less sure that I'll get Superstars at launch.

2. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    ...That screenshot shows four platforms, but says there's five results total for "Sonic".

Even this shitty little "rewards program" DLC doesn't have a Steam release? Why the fuck are they like this

3. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Nothing. It's not retroactive. Superstars releases before that change goes live.

4. Vertette

Vertette

Hack, cough, wheeze. This applies to every Unity game starting from 2023, actually. As long as your game qualifies for the conditions, you gotta pay.

And yeah Sega will be getting fucked over, a lot of developers will. I imagine out of all the big developers that use Unity, someone will sue them over it because I can't imagine dropping fees on people retroactively will go over very well. I also can't imagine it's legal.

5. JackBz

JackBz

It's not retroactive in that it won't collect royalties from installs pre-2024, but will still apply to installs 2024 and onwards no matter when the game was released.

6. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
  7. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA

Time to sign up.

EDIT: I don't see where to play the Flappy Bird clone and to spin a prize wheel. Just some games about entering a separate sweepstakes, like one of those lane-changing endless runners but you're collecting Pringles logos or whatever. This is par for the course for me though, it's probably hiding in plain sight behind some link I would never think to click on.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
  8. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    America is for Americans only, stay on your side of the sea Eurotrash

9. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Wish we'd done that 400 years ago.

10. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    The Flappy Bird game was only playable yesterday. If you didn't do it then, you're out of luck.

Unless you shop at your local Krogerâ„¢, where you can find all of the groceries you love, at low, low prices!

11. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Got my Mountain Dew and Doritos ready to play Sonic Superstars with the bros!

12. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    There's three within 10 minutes of home, but since the pandemic I've been almost exclusively a Food Lion guy. For some reason Food Lion is off most people's radar (around here anyway), even though the prices and quality are great. It's never busy, it's on the way home from work, I'm always in and out of there in a few minutes with everything I came for, and most importantly, not every aisle is being taken up by at least two people standing dead center dicking around on their phone or trying to remember where they are or why they're there. I didn't used to be so picky about where I went for groceries; I dunno if that's a post-pandemic thing or a me getting older and not wanting to deal with so many people thing.

I might give it a shot, but at the moment I dunno if the skins are worth it. I thought the cell shaded Spider-Man suit was cool in the PS4/PS5 game, but its novelty wore off pretty quickly. Honestly though, it's pretty stupid that you can't just buy the skins from Kroger. Or buy points to use to buy the skins like a gacha game. It's like Kroger and SEGA want money, but oh, oh, wait, not too much, oh god, no, just the tip, please.

Anyway, it's wild that it's already a month away. Sure, it's only been since the first week of June, but it still feels like it was announced even more recently than that. Neat thing is I was on vacation when it was announced and got to revel in the coverage right away, and I plan to use my other vacation time in October, either the week Superstars, Wonder, and Spidey 2 come out, or the week after.

13. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    I hope that they continue to announce the games close to release from now on.

I don't want to hear about Sonic Frontiers 2 until 5-6 months before it comes out at MOST.

14. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    why the hell are they marketing this game like COD. there is exactly zero need to have retailer-exclusive and region-exclusive DLC.

15. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Guess I should have bit the bullet. It would be really stupid if that was exclusive to this and not just put up for free some time later.

... Then again, we still haven't seen those boots and gloves from the Sonic Frontiers Pre-orders.

16. lupinsmask

lupinsmask

The kroger thing isn't working for me. I play the games but no wheel shows up.

17. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Those weren't pre-order, they just came with the deluxe edition. The SA2 shoes were limited time, (attached to the newsletter) but they've gone up for free now.

Anyway I'm a PC player so I'll just download a mod anyway but it really sucks that these really cool skins are being locked behind something so damn obscure, and it costs money at that! Needing to sign up to a newsletter for soap shoes was already kinda weird but this is just absurd if i'm being honest. Like... kroger?? Why fucking kroger?????

18. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    It really is ridiculous. Maybe since the Kroger logo is blue, and SEGA's logo is blue, and Sonic is blue, and...I dunno, that's still stupid.

It's kinda like if you wanted to add bacon to a new McDonald's sandwich that doesn't come with it by default, but can be seen with bacon on it in some ads, and McDonald's was like, "No, you gotta go buy some shit at Home Depot first."

19. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    Sonic X Kroger is insane and I don't think I can process it.