don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

It's a contextless sign in a parking lot... Maybe the people taking it to mean that Sonic 3 is already filming are the ones reaching.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    I had this really realistic dream last night that they replaced Idris Elba with Shaq as Knuckles’s voice in the series. Possible prophetic dream?

3. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    If anything, Shaq would make a great Big The Cat, but he's probably too busy playing spokesman for everything from printer ink to cheap car insurance these days.

4. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member

5. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Little too cartoony on the animation but some of the shots look really great in motion.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh god the knuckles at the end, and Tails.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Why do people do bad things?

8. RDNexus

RDNexus

Too much free time in their hands, I guess? ^^"
    (just kidding, of course)

9. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    This is Breaking Bad fandom levels of putting way too much effort into a shitpost

10. Vertette

Vertette

No such thing.

11. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

My one request to the filmmakers is that they make Sonic 3 like 90 minutes long. I don't need to watch a 2 hour Sonic movie like I did with Sonic 2. I promise you can cut out like 30 minutes and be fine.

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Not buying a large Coke Zero if Sonic 3 is 2+ hours long. Ain't going through that again.

13. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    If they plan on being faithful to certain storylines they really can't. Sonic 1 100% needed some extra time on it to better establish the themes and characters, and Pat and Jeff seem to have overtrimmed (cutting down the Carl stuff to a burp joke and Sanic reference is so criminal.) Even 2 I think just barely gets by in certain areas.

Whether or not I drink the drink I get or even drink anything the day of, I always end up with problems, so it's a losing battle. I'm automatically going to miss like 2-3 minutes of a movie and that's just the way it is.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
  14. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

So many recent kids/comic movies are like around 90 minutes and whip ass. Three that come to mind are Venom 2, TMNT: Mutant Mayhem, and Puss in Boots: The Last Wish. Let me sit for an hour and a half and have a good time with these silly boys. But there's no reason for a Sonic movie to be more than 2 hours. I'm sorry, that just means they're greatly pushing their limits and doing it for no reason other than most movies are 2 hours and even those feel not needed. 2 didn't just barely get by. Lmao. It had a lame ass wedding sub plot that I don't think anyone cared about along with a dance segment that could have been significantly cut down. People give the Mario Bros movie that just came out a lot of flak for being so short and not a lot of plot. But honestly, 90 minutes was perfect. Like, think about it really hard.

Do you really need to spend 2 hours of your life in Sonic 2 or Sonic 3? Even more time with trailers? You can easily make 2 90 minutes and even 3 90 minutes and you will not lose out on anything. I can guarantee it.

15. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Why would Carl need screen time?

16. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Because when you think of Sonic the Hedgehog, everyone clearly thinks of Carl!

17. Wildcat

Wildcat

I enjoyed the Super Mario movie but it definitely should have been a little longer. It moves from one situation to next too quickly. It doesn’t have much build up and some of the “big” scenes are over too fast.

2 hours is fine. Especially if it does use the time on Sonic and friends. People love criticizing the wedding scene but it’s not even that long and honestly I thought it was funny. I liked how they worked it in. I hope Rachel returns in part 3.

18. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    no, it needs a two hour cut so we can have yet another detour where Sonic enters a bar and shenanigans not essential to the core plot ensue, it would destroy the thematic integrity of the trilogy to not have that

19. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    I wouldn't use Mario as an example. That movie could have been tightened up a lot more by gutting some useless scenes and combining others into a single scene to improve the pacing. The runtime was not its problem.

20. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    I want Sonic 3 to have the same amount of cut footage as Titanic, and I want it to be released in its entirety

And brace yourselves, in a just a few months, searching "Sonic 3" will get you Sonic 3 movie results first instead of the game. It happened to Sonic 1 and Sonic 2, now it's just a matter of time.