don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Lambda

Lambda

...That's assuming the Actor and Writer strikes will ever end. At this point, it seems the studios are trying to starve out the actors and writers. I'm not involved in that industry at-all, but looking at it from the outside, I'm not convinced that Hollywood will return to Business As Usual anytime in the foreseeable future.

I guess the only hope right now is that the studios are going to be running out of content and that alongside the overbearing prices of their failed streaming services bring them to the negotiation table with the unions? IDK. Seems like wishful thinking to me.

Sonic 3 might end up as a casualty of the upheaval at this point.

2. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    They'd sooner create an AI generated The Office episode before they talk to the unions

3. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I'm not sure if it will get that bad per se, but i have connections to the industry and agree with this being a possible outcome. I think right now any project that has yet to completed filiming is in legitimate danger of being outright cancelled.

SAG will also vote on gaming strikes soon, with studios likely being poised to use AI for game dialogue in the near future, that Strike may also become a necessity. This could get a lot bigger.

4. Snowbound

Snowbound

First let me make one thing clear: the studios need to return to the negotiating table and start treating people with respect.

Regarding Sonic 3 being a casualty of the current situation… it’s certainly possible the film could get canceled but given the box office success of the first two sonic movies I can’t imagine that they wouldn’t make another sonic film. Now when the strikes are over I could theoretically see them deciding to make a different sonic movie… maybe a reboot given the success of recent fully animated films (the Mario movie, Spider Verse 1+2, TMNT Mutant Mayham and Puss in Boots 2). But not following up on the Shadow cliffhanger (aka exploiting millennials’ nostalgia for Adventure 2) is just throwing money aways… although that seems to be the studios’ strategy throughout the strike.

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I doubt any films will get the cut. Especially tent pole franchises.
    They'll just do what they did last strike and get Daniel Craig to write it

6. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    I asked ChatGPT to generate a script excerpt for Sonic 3.
    INT. CITY SKYLINE - NIGHT

The moonlight casts a shimmering glow over the sprawling cityscape as Sonic and Shadow face off on a rooftop, their intense rivalry crackling in the air.

SONIC (leaning forward) Shadow, we need to talk about Maria. It's been haunting you for too long.

SHADOW (glares) Don't you dare bring her up, Sonic.

SONIC (sincere) I know it's painful, Shadow, but we can't keep running from our past.

Shadow's fists clench, and he takes a deep breath, visibly struggling with his emotions.

SHADOW (whispers) Maria was everything to me. She was my purpose, my reason for living. And she's gone because of my mistakes.

Sonic approaches Shadow, showing empathy in his eyes.

SONIC (softly) It wasn't your fault, Shadow. Gerald Robotnik's twisted experiments and the chaos emeralds played a part in all of this. You were just a victim, too.

Shadow's gaze wavers, his anger slowly dissipating.

SHADOW (voice trembling) I've spent years trying to avenge her, to make sense of it all. But it's like I'm stuck in a never-ending loop of anger and sorrow.

SONIC (nods) I get it, Shadow. But the path to healing starts with forgiveness, even forgiving yourself.

Shadow's eyes well up with tears as he struggles to hold back his emotions.

SHADOW (whispers) I don't know if I can ever forgive myself for the things I've done in her name.

SONIC (places a hand on Shadow's shoulder) You're not alone in this, Shadow. We'll face your demons together, just like we always have.

The tension between them begins to ease as they share a moment of understanding amidst the chaos of their world.

As Sonic and Shadow continue to talk, the night sky above them is filled with the distant hum of flying machines and the occasional flash of neon lights from the city below.

SONIC (earnestly) We've been through so much, Shadow. You're more than your past mistakes. Maria wouldn't want you to carry this burden forever.

Shadow looks at Sonic, his eyes searching for any hint of deception.

SHADOW (whispers) You really believe that, Sonic?

SONIC (nods) Absolutely. And I'm not alone. Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and the rest of our friends—they all care about you. They see the hero in you.

Shadow's shoulders slump as he finally lets his guard down, tears rolling down his cheeks.

SHADOW (vulnerable) I... I don't know if I can change, Sonic. But I'll try. Sonic smiles warmly and pulls Shadow into a comforting embrace.

SONIC (softly) That's all anyone can ask for, Shadow. We'll face the challenges ahead together. And remember, we're a team.

The two iconic hedgehogs stand on that rooftop, their rivalry transformed into a newfound understanding, a bond that goes beyond their differences, and a shared commitment to healing old wounds and forging a brighter future.

FADE OUT.
    Would be pretty funny if something like this was the outcome. :P

7. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
  8. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Reports are that they are mainly focusing shots that don't require the actors.
    If this mess doesn't get resolved soon, it could potentially lead into S3 being pushed out of its Christmas release window. Which is a REALLY good window as they have no competition in the family market at the moment.
    S3 absolutely isn't getting cancelled though. That's just not going to happen. Sonic is one of Paramount's successful cash cows right now. Dungeons and Dragons, Mission Impossible and Transformers all underperformed for them this year. Mutant Mayhem is only modest hit because of its strong holds and low budget.
    Paw Patrol WILL save Paramount.

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    When the fuck is Knuckles coming out? It finished filming a while ago and is supposed to come out this year (plus all this happened before the strike).

I'm convinced that the rest of Sonic Prime is coming in December because the same was done with JoJo Part 6 (being all released within a year of starting and released in three batches) so there isn't much time left if it is indeed supposed to come out this year.

10. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    November or December at this point.

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I refuse to believe Netflix and Paramount would release in the same month.

12. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    I refuse to believe this is AI generated, this sounds like it came out of a Wattpad fanfiction

13. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Says a member of a forum devoted to spending hours talking about Sonic.

14. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Yeah, but I can get up and pee mid post without missing anything :)

15. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I'm also not forced to listen to Uptown Funk when I post.

16. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Don't give them ideas.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  17. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  18. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I'm just waiting for Knuckles.

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Still confirmed for this year as of this month.