don't click here

Unpopular Sonic Opinions

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Londinium, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    I'd go further: there's not a single Crush 40 cover or Jun Senoue guitar remix (like uh, Angel Island for instance) I like.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Does it include Senoue remixing Senoue? Because the Big Arms track for Generations 3DS is fantastic.

3. I don’t think Senoue composed the original Big Arms. It’s a good remix though.

4. Palas

Palas

Wasn't that Cash Cash?

5. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    Really? Not even All Hail Shadow? Or Un-gravitify?

6. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    The Stardust Speedway US Senoue remix bangs because it leans a little more into the guitar the original has IMO

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It was a collaborative effort between Senoue and Cash Cash.

8. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

In any case, I was talking out of my ass: it was rock in S3K and it was even more rock in Gens 3DS, so I made baseless assumptions.

Senoue did what? You're not talking about the bad future remixes in Gens or Forces, are you? If so, Senoue disguised himself quite well there, and I can't see the guitar you see there.

9. Linkabel

Linkabel

It's the Stardust Speedway (Cash Cash vs. Jun Senoue) bonus track on the Sonic CD 20th Anniversary Edition album.

10. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Ah, ok. For any track, if it's not in a game I've played, chances are I haven't listened to them. And I regret listening to half of the ones I checked out through YouTube.

11. E107- Theta

E107- Theta

Texas
    crush 40 sounds significantly better when they're doing their own thing. It's when they cover other songs is when they really show their flaws

12. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    Shadow working for G.U.N. has always been a worse direction for Shadow's character than his newfound Vegeta persona. I absolutely hate it.

Ok, so the idea is that G.U.N. was a corrupt organization 50 years ago but now they're the good guys and Shadow is "putting the past behind him" and working with G.U.N. to create a better future and oh god that's just...not human. I know Shadow technically isn't human, but he obviously thinks like one, and what human being would decide to work for the same organization that killed your fucking family? I don't care if "they've changed". I don't care if it was fifty years ago or a hundred years ago. Nobody thinks like that. It's not a relatable decision for this character to make, and not an inspiring one either. It actually sends kind of a disturbing message to kids that you should always try and forgive your authority figure for any and all wrongdoing they might've done towards you in the past.

"But Dubs!" I hear you say. "That was 50 years ago! G.U.N. are good guys now!" Bullshit. Have you played Sonic Adventure 2? Maybe I missed something, but it seems blatantly obvious in that game that both past and present G.U.N. are an evil all-controlling conspiracy. They are Section 31. They are the judge, jury, and executioner for literally anyone or anything they see as a threat to the planet, with no oversight, no accountability, and no moral compass. And they have operated this way for who knows how long. Shadow, and especially Rouge, joining G.U.N. makes me seriously question these characters' moral compasses. I know this might seem like an extreme example when discussing a cartoon hedgehog, but imagine if one of George Floyd's brothers decided to become a cop, to "steer them the right way". That's what this feels like. You'd have to be a lizard person to think that's a good decision. Here's how a more morally understandable Shadow would react to it, courtesy of Captain America Civil War:

Sonic: "This isn't gonna change what happened."
    Shadow: "I don't care. They killed my sister."

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's in Generations as an unlockable track. :V

14. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    When you put it like this, it's hard to argue. You're right, it's a bit perplexing.

And there's no real explanation for it either right? In 06 he's just...there, as a GUN agent.

Maybe he's part of a covert offshoot unit called the Black Ops Moralistic Battalion tasked with keeping GUN in check from within...

The BOMB Squad :V

15. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    G.U.N. killed the real Shadow and tampered with one of the robot Shadows, obviously.

16. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    That is why in my headcanon Shadow went to work for GUN only because he knew Rouge was going on a GUN mission to retrieve the Scepter of Darkness and he knew it was going to be very dangerous.

17. Honestly, this is exactly why it's always bugged me how the fan-base just readily accepts it. Like I get it, because it gives Shadow a solid direction as a character, and keeps him and Rouge together. But nobody ever really thought about the horrible implications of it and just....huh!!!??

Shadow acting like asshole (which he's always been) and somewhat confrontational (which he has also always been) is bad, but Shadow completely disregarding his own trauma for a feel-good story is better I guess?

Sonic fans confuse me.

18. Palas

Palas

You're right, All Hail Shadow is great. In fact, I had completely forgot about Magna-Fi's version. Un-gravitify though is the kind of cover I have a special distaste for.

Yeah, this one's cool too.

19. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

I said this to SR's statement...

...And got this answer.

Forgive me if it sounds like it wasn't in Generations. If it was, I'll say this again:

20. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    It wasn't in generations, yeah. I was answering that with the context of talking about Cash Cash and Senoue remixes of existing tracks, not just gens tracks, sorry about that.