don't click here

General Project Screenshots/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Sparks, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Since I don't want to make a whole new topic, I'll keep posting my delemas here.

[​IMG]
    Special Stage. I have a problem with the graphics right now. They don't seem right to me. I may make them more "hidden palace esq". Opinions?

Also, I want an opinion on the special stage. As of right now it is a HUGE stage that you have to continuously search for the emeralds in. Once you find an emerald alter, you obtain an emerald. You cannot use that alter again. There are seven alters in the stage total.

Also...Characters...huge deal
    [​IMG]
    Fang/Nack. He is the knuckles of this game. Trying to foil sonic/tails/knuckles path to robotnik. Question is, should he be playable? Should I wait and pull a Sonic and Knuckles Classic? Opinions on this matter?

And finally...
    [​IMG]
    The dreaded Shadow question. This is only a mock up thank God, but you all know my answer to this question. No. But if the Yes's out weigh the No's, I'd be forced to put him in. Of course placing him in as a playable character would ruin classic and up the characters to 5. That assuming Fang would be playable. So opinions would be helpful...

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    About the characters which should be playable, Nack ftw, Shadow ftl.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Leave Nack as an S&K type deal, yeah. No Shadow, please =P

4. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    No to Shadow, his gameplay's too similar to Sonic's

5. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    I'd say yes to Nack, and no to Shadow. Otherwise it's not all that classic.

6. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    No to Shadow. After all, the name of the game is Sonic Classic. :)

7. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Fang will be difficult to change his game play...Im thinking about having a non-harmful jump, and perhaps a lethal kick or something? I'm not too certain on an ability yet

8. Soselocke

Soselocke

MEEP MEEP MEEP Banned
    Couldn't Nack/Fang use a gun? Or that bike thing he has in Triple Trouble?

9. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    You really should think of another name. Sonic Classic for such an awesome project sounds quite boring to me (though I'm not any better at inventing names =P).

10. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    If you're going down the whole S&K-esque route, have some level routes or even some entire zones dedicated to Nack/Fang. Shadow is a big nothx..

.. or, make both as future DLC, or something.

11. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Well see, the problem here is there has IMO yet to be a game that does Shadow justice. The Nos have it for this game, but someone really ought to step up to the mantle here.

12. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    No no, that's not the problem. The problem is Shadow in a CLASSIC game. When most of us hear "classic", we automatically think of the 2D Death Egg saga. And that includes, well, no Shadow =P

13. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    If you want a fifth character, go for Metal Sonic or Amy.

14. Endri

Endri

If Amy, classic looking Amy, please.

15. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

I was talking about a different problem actually, namely all 2D Shadows sucking ass outside of Sonic Battle =P

16. Endri

Endri

I don't recall any 2D Shadow outside Sonic Battle :psyduck:

Well, there's Rivals 1&2, but, does they count? :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

17. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

Actually I meant as far as hacks are concerned.

Also, I wouldn't count Rivals because everyone had the same moves outside of signature moves.

I mean Silver...homing attack...really?

18. Endri

Endri

Not to mention, Tails' Homing Attack! lol

19. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I think I may just keep it to sonic/tails/knuckles. I originally had Metal Sonic as the antagonist, but I removed him as he just seemed to be more of a random boss than an actual main character.

And about fang, I'm thinking the gun is a bad idea since...well...shadow and his gun? =P
    Maybe he would be able to destroy spikes or something like that? Be able to dig or something. Revealing new paths.

20. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    I dunno, see Fang's gun is actually part of his character, since he's a bounty hunter and all. Shadow's gun didn't work so well in comparison because, IMO, at least, it departed too far from his natural abilities. I mean, why use a gun when you can just jump on/spin into enemies and do away with them that way?

Or something