don't click here

Spoiler-free Sonic Mania discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    If it makes you guys feel better, there's tons of cool nods and easter eggs here. I'd say they were actually more exciting than the level roster.

2. Tanks

Tanks

So I'm guessing this is the PC Pre-Order Party Hut where we bang sticks and rocks together until Arron loves us again :( JK dude, thanks for being cool about the delay update too. Nice punch and a hug approach there.

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Even if that was the case ("day two patch" by now?), I still don't see the point of not allowing to keep reporting bugs just in case they weren't caught.

4. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    So I picked up the Switch CE today, and the figure is about what I expected. Really shiny, and hollow, with plastic seams, but I'm satisfied. I obviously wasn't expecting F4F quality for $100, but a guy can dream.

The stink on the other hand is just offensive... Like, I'm getting into my car and there is this really creepy white van parked next to me, the kind with no windows in the back, and the front windows looked as though they had been yellowed by the sun somehow. Super gross. Anyway, I smell this sick odor, so I stop to listen for a moment, for the faint whimper of a bound child, or the burp of a corpse... So then I am driving away with the windows open, "maybe they are flushing the lines at the abattoir and I'm down wind" I think to myself. Nope, just the Mania CE box.

But otherwise all looks swell. I'm not going to play it until the weekend, but I'll download it tonight just to make sure I don't have any issues prior to my play date.

5. Yeah I've seen this mentioned by 2 site staff members, but I've never seen it confirmed officially. Perhaps they know something we don't?

6. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    Completely agree. Have a list of bugs I've run into that I'd love to articulate.

7. Turbohog

Turbohog

Honestly it seems like there are an alarming number of bugs in the game. During the short time that topic was open, a surprising number of bad bugs were reported.

I can't say anything about the bugs myself, as I'm still waiting for the PC release. :v:

8. Yeah, the smell of rotting pumpkin is terrible. I kept checking if it was something I stepped in but then realized it was the box.

9. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    My girlfriend noticed the nasty smell when she unboxed my CE too. I didn't notice it until I grabbed my Sonic statue out of the box. :v: As for the game, oh man it's definitely worth the wait PC gamers! I didn't look through the bug list topic yet, as I'm afraid I might get spoiled, but I haven't noticed any glitches on the Xbox One version myself yet.

10. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Weird, I haven't seen any bugs yet myself. And I'm on the Switch version, mostly through the game at this point. Too bad other people are having bad luck with it.

11. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    You all don't get that the smell is a reference to Pumpkin Hill :specialed:

Seriously though, how come a box smell that bad? Was it the plastic inside, or the box?

12. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Well, I'm haming it up a bit, but yeah, it's a weird, mild, almost sweet smell. It's off putting... like, have you ever grabbed one of those brown recycled-paper drink holders, then brushed your hand against your face and noticed it smelt like vomit? Well, it's both just like that and totally different. Hopefully the smell fades over time, like my original Malibu Stacey did.

13. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Well I don't know about anyone else, but I think it's safe to assume there was never a day one patch to begin with.

Especially if it looks like they're now working on the bugs

http://twitter.com/CFWhitehead/status/897417286260187137
    This link is spoiler free, though it was suppose to be a twitter embed.

14. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    If they're fixing the PC thing, is quite logical the day 1 patch becomes the day 15 patch, coming to consoles at the same time PC version becomes available.

15. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Regarding the smell, my friend and I both opened up a PC Collector's Box, and noticed no smell whatsoever. I'm in the Eastern US, and pre-ordered on Amazon. I did notice our packages both had those little paper bags that are said to keep products smelling fresh in storage. Did you guys have those?

16. NyaNyaLily

NyaNyaLily

So, 13 days to go until the PC version comes out.
    Anyone else having fun dodging the spoilers?

[​IMG]

Anyone?

Alright, better question: is anyone still here waiting?

17. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    As someone who avoided all spoilers until I finally got my grubby hands on my PS4 CE, all I can say is that it was completely worth staying strong, as the game is a pure joyride not knowing what's coming! STAY STRONG

18. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Waiting and spoiling just a couple things to keep me engaged.

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'm tempted to go through a playlist with the full soundtrack before I play the game... Which is what I did before Sonic & Knuckles' release.

Yeah, PC guy here. =P

20. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I'm waiting too, and it's going well for the most part. While I wait, I'm playing Sonic CD on Steam with the US OST for once, to mix things up, and I want to get all the time stones. (Never done that before.) A lot of the US tracks are better than I remembered!

The only speedbumps for me are people posting tweets of their bug reports on Twitter, with screenshots. :argh: I wasn't too upset, but I did unfollow at least one person temporarily because of it. Social media is not the most organized place for bug reports anyway, why do it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.