don't click here

Spoiler-free Sonic Mania discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Apparently emulate Sonic 1 1991

2. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    This sucks :-\

3. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy

Welp, I'm cancelling my pre-order.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya have they explained why? Why just one version? Also what if it's the CE you bought, or you already have Sonic 1.

I have the PS4, I'll be fine, but still kinda shitty, especially so close to release.

5. RibShark

RibShark

Fuck this. I'm genuinely pissed off right now. Not to mention that a lot of users (me included) who preordered the game on Steam will already have Sonic 1. At least give us a download code for an alternate platform or something.

6. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    You've gotta be shitting me.

7. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    Wow, that's awful news. I'm glad it's not the game being completely delayed (I'm lucky enough to own both next gen consoles), but holy fuck, the game being delayed on PC is absolutely unacceptable.

8. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    I bought two copies of it for Steam. Guess I'm triple-dipping :\

9. This does suck a whole lot. I don't have a console and will start to get busy with work again around that time.

10. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    This is bullshit. Exact same boat as you. Now I have to avoid spoilers for more than half a month?

Sorry, I'm not being very considerate, but I'm really pissed off. This is bullshit.

11. Welp, time to buy the PS4 version. I probably would've done that anyway, but it's really a NotLikeThis.jpg moment. Can't say I'm too happy about this news, considering the engine it's based on was made for PC first.

12. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I'm lucky my sisters boyfriend has an Xbox One at least. I feel sorry for people in this boat.

13. Liliam

Liliam

Previously Fred Oldbie
    ^ At least have the fucking courtesy of delaying it on all platforms. Delaying the game four days before release is a shit situation anyway you put it, but at least show some respect for your customers by treating them equally.

Now to sit back and watch as my Amazon preorder for the Switch CE gets cancelled/delayed too.

14. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I'm imagining this happened out of incompetence from Steam filing. Like they didn't get paperwork on time to Steam/Valve or something. Is there any explanation for this?

I'm lucky enough to own a PS4 and Xbox One. I feel like the luckiest person in the world, but this is amateur incompetence beyond belief.

I'm honestly really sorry for you guys who have to wait until August 29th.

15. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    WHAT THE FUCKITY FUCKING FUCK

AUGUST 29th?????????WHY?

How can they fucking do this FOUR days before release???????????? I was doing so well not to spoil myself, but it doesn't even seem worth it anymore at this point! I want to look at it all to blow off some steam.

16. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    The timing says to me that the review codes went out and a lot of reviewers had issues with the PC version running properly. The PC space is very hard to test due to all the configurations possible :\

17. Aaron said on stream it had something to do with "optimization," which baffles me considering this game is very simple and that the engine was made for PC first.

18. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Apparently it was because of optimization problems on the PC port.

I really want to break stuff right now.

19. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member

Optimization?! How, it's a pixel art game trying to emulate a Sega Saturn look. How on earth can this game be suffering from optimisation problems? Taxman himself said it ran on his notebook. This is either down to extreme incompetence from the devs or someone fucked up on filing it on Steam and they are covering it up.

I can't believe the PC version has poor optimisation.

20. RibShark

RibShark

If there's optimisation problems, still, let people play it, just lock it behind a beta code and give it to us with a disclaimer. Don't make us all wait for two weeks and have to carefully dodge spoilers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.