don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    For the first time in my life, I actually almost *wanted* Mephiles to be the mastermind again. Just to put the final icing on this fanfiction cake. Since it's got this far, Sega might as well embrace the madness and roll with it.

2. synchronizer

synchronizer

That stage is ridiculously short, wow... and too much 2d.

3. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    I wouldn't say too much 2D, but that stage is definitely way too short.

@Yeow Thanks for posting the video.

4. Linkabel

Linkabel

True, they don't let what's canon or not get in their way.

Infinite is a Sonic fan from the future who thought Sonic lost his way after his younger days. In order to fix that he used his powers to split Classic and Modern Sonic into different dimensions so he can get rid of the inferior Sonic.

It will take Classic, Modern and the OC to show Infinite that Sonic never lost his way no matter what era he is in. The game will end with Iizuka laughing and saying "thanks for playing."

5. RikohZX

RikohZX

Alternatively? It's Tails, as he isn't much different in body style alongside the fact that his nose and Infinite's aren't as elongated as the avatar's in the promo art.
    I just don't see Infinite as being his own antagonist.

6. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Tails doesn't have hair, though.

7. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

It's definitely not Tails because we saw Tails talking during the Egg Dragoon boss fight.
    Why can't it be a new antagonist?

8. RikohZX

RikohZX

And during that same fight, Eggman mentions dimensions. Timeline and dimension fuckery aside, Infinite's design stands out significantly, along with the usage of a Wisp power to an excessive extreme. But I have this itch in my head, from that correct leak months ago about the base premise that also mentioned Tails not bothering to fight until Sonic was rescued to the general style and cliches Sonic is known for, that Infinite is not a new robot or some new Sonic character of significant note. It's really hard to come up with the words as to why, it just seems like a Sonic Team thing to do to have an evil Avatar or an alternate dimension Tails.

9. Pokepunch

Pokepunch

UK
    A Sonic 2 Hack
    Well at least this game will have a plot. Generations and Lost World had barebone stories while this is shaping up to have some substance.

10. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    Has this been shared yet?
    Gameplay on Switch:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hl3byWzwZE

11. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Phantom Dark Falz Infinite, I suppose. It reminds me of a PSO2-style Dark Falz using some sort of corrupted ether power.
    EDIT: or, maybe, it is... Darkrai!!!
    Besides that, this isn't exactly a theory, but, well... //forums.sonicretro.org/public/style_emoticons/default/v.png

- Classic hero: Classic Sonic -> Classic nemesis: Metal Sonic

- Classic to modern era transition nemesis: Chaos

- Modern Hero: Modern Sonic -> Modern nemesis: Shadow

- Modern to OC era transition nemesis: Zavok

- OC hero: Avatar -> OC nemesis: Infinite

- Mephiles didn't come because he got trapped in the Sonic '06 time travel paradox in order to let Chaos Eemeralds escape from it.

12. RikohZX

RikohZX

The waving grass alone in the Egg Dragoon fight seems to be notably toned down from other footage, so it does seem like there's gonna be a graphical disparity however small it is.

13. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    There's also some noticable framedrops/stutters in the hero stage. (When explosions are near)
    Might be fixable though.

14. This is going to be a mess of a post. Gonna just good and bad point what I've seen overall for Forces.

Good
    I kinda like the "darker" story line and if you guys are right about the whole "Sonic disappeared and everything went to hell" storyline, I kinda like it because it kinda reminds me of Sonic the Comic.
    I like that Sonic's chucklefuck friends are back. I missed Knuckles. Waiting for the Rouge and Omega cameos and I'm set.
    Metal Sonic is back and Chaos looks awesome.
    I don't hate the idea of missions where you play as a custom character. It gets them to play around and hopefully means the death of the mandatory missions from Generations. Plus I never really liked the whole "Earth is a planet with humans and animals and Sonic and Sonic's friends." In Unleashed I wanted just one area of chucklefucks. Even if that sounds a bit Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog-y
    Graphics look nice enough, even if Green Hill looks a bit blander compared to Generations and Park Avenue looks a bit like City Escape Bad Future. Even though that was Crisis City.
    The music sounds funky.
    I like that the basic story seems to be hitting the sort of US/Europe style of Sonic story - Robotnik is winning/won and its time for Sonic to stop this.
    Kinda like the idea that there is Classic Universe and Modern Universe (Im not using dimension) I hope that classic styled chucklefucks like Tails, Knuckles and Amy make a return.

Bad
    Literally Green Hill returning. With sand. I know its a beaten horse on here but still.
    The character customiser has a low base of animals to build from. Like, I know that you wouldnt get the variety that you see in the official Sonic cast because of model skeletons and all that. But you couldnt include chameleon or iguana, shark like thing, gorilla or monkey, pig, squrriel <_< ... Fucking Echidna's or another animal that has dreads... JELLYFISH? I mean 3 of the choices are Dog, Wolf and Bear. Only pupper is missing. I have spent two sentences on this. Shit.
    The worry that it IS going to have more returning from Generations levels in it. I love Chemical Plant. Fucking love that level. It doesnt need another redux in the main storyline/game so soon after Generations... My hope that it doesnt appear but maybe as a bonus level/mission. But that this point the asset reuse feels lazy. I know that games are expensive to make but still. I dunno. I hope that if we are having classic levels that they aren't from Generations HD.
    Where is Robotnik. Classic Robotnik? Classic Metal Sonic too.
    I really dislike "Infinite"'s design. Its really busy.
    Zavok brings back memories of Lost World 3DS's special stages. Fuck those things. Also I never liked the Deadly Six.
    Nothing really obviously different from Generations.

Yeah thats it for the moment I think. Im looking forward to this.

15. synchronizer

synchronizer

Think the missing geometry from the earlier Switch screens was just because those particular screens were from an earlier build?

16. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    As cool as it would be to have echidnas as a choice for the Avatar, I think people fail to realize making that an opinion would destroy what little established Canon this series has left. :V

17. I really want that to be the case.

So in my interpretation of this concept, Classic Sonic starts out pursuing Metal but pushes him back midway through. Then he catches wind of Chaos and deals with it. Modern Sonic's story in this schema would then begin, with him chasing after Shadow. OC is concurrent with Modern Sonic, and is pursuing Zavok before passing that duty along to Modern Sonic. Finally, OC starts pursuing Infinite, only for Modern and Classic Sonic to join in on the battle.

18. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyTzm8WgtlE

19. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    If they were Nocturnus-clan like, I'd see no problem, actually.

20. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    Looking at the gameplay again... why does the boss theme for classic sonic sound like some of these genesis bootlegs...
    Swear to god i heard something like this before lol