don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Looks spot on.

Didn't reveal too much either... hyped

Bravo!

Edit: 1/2/3/K/M at the end of the trailer - nice touch

2. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Purchased a copy on Steam; will double-dip on Switch when it comes out.

Good luck, guys. Hope we can have you back for another.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    We're evaluating elevator buttons in a promo animation.

Good work everyone, we've transcended to a new level of insanity :v:

4. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    I love the artwork of Eggman juggling the Emeralds. It's very clever and finally explains the emerald differences between Sonic 1/2 and Sonic 3.

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Of course you don't have a number four button in an elevator. It's bad luck! :v:

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Sonic 2 is 1MB. S3K is 4MB.

The file size is much bigger because these assets are likely not made in the same way, instead being made using modern image editors etc. stored in 24bpp. There's no point wasting effort on task-specific compression when PNG is good enough and disk space is a lot cheaper than it used to be.

7. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Same here. Up until today, I have never pre-purchased / pre-ordered / pre-whatever'd a game before, ever.

8. RikohZX

RikohZX

Not to mention fully modern quality music, potential animated cutscenes, and who knows what else?

9. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    I'm going to quadruple dip on this: the CE for PS4, a PS4 preorder, The Switch, and PC.

10. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    Can I just say that £14.50 is an amazing price for such a great game.

I'm getting this on multiple consoles, so this price really helps out :specialed:

11. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    I really want those animations to be part of the game! Already pre-ordered the collector's edition for PS4 awhile back and would like to grab a Switch copy too, especially if they announce a physical release.

12. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Purchased.

Everything is perfect. The reveal of colour in the animation seems like a strong hint to cut-scenes to me, otherwise it's very strange to make that happen for a couple seconds at the end.
    Music/editing fits so well. I cant think of a way it could have been better.

I actually had no idea what the new level was until I came here. I can only remember a couple of CD's stages, and none other than present. Weird that a CD stage is included but not on the elevator. Which is sort of fourth wall breaking so I'm kinda hoping that's just a trailer thing.

Loving it all.

13. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I used to be a big fan of Boxer Hockey, and it's been so surreal to see Tyson go from 'guy I read each week/month', to being a part of the Archie Sega crew, creating the 10/10 Sonic Mega Drive, to THIS TRAILER. Also meeting the guy in London, I can confirm he's a humble cool dude. top man.

Speaking of the trailer, I really wish I was able to add something new or exciting to the pot that hadn't been said already, but man. My brain is simple and I'll instead just say how bloody brilliant that was! From the beginning music (are those tuned bumper sound effects being used?) to the new gamplay bits and pieces... The hype is starting to get a bit much! I've got my PS4 special edition pre-ordered. I don't know what else I can do to make this easier on myself. (...except finish sonic pocket adventure time attacks...grumble...)

14. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I had the biggest, stupidest grin on my face at the office all day. This is wonderful. If the Collector's Edition doesn't arrive on August 15th, I'm buying it digitally again. Getting real True Blue Initiative in here.

As for the apparent Stardust Speedway reveal, I'm feebly hoping for Metal Sonic race as Act 1 boss, and Metal Sonic Kai as Act 2 boss. I want my Chaotix, damnit.

15. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    What a lovely trailer. Classic Tails is still the absolute cutest.

16. SonKnuck

SonKnuck

The Lazy Guy Oldbie
    Quebec
    DBZ Re-enactment and LPs on Youtube
    Welp! I smashed that pre-orer button so hard you would not believe it! Good to know the game comes out while I'll be in the middle of my vacation too. Plenty of time to play! Purchased on both PS4 and Steam, my wallet is bleeding out, and I don't even care!

17. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    This post, juxtaposed with your avatar and user title, is the only good post on this website.

18. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    This. I was having trouble working, too, all while listening to THAT AWESOME MUSIC.

Regarding the filesize, where are you guys seeing that info? Is that the final size? Is possible that the game is already final to know that, 3 months before release? That color animation at the end of the trailer was TOO good and TOO short to not be a hint at animated cutscenes...

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Lowkey best bit of the trailer:

[​IMG]

20. runde

runde

Using Plan "B"... Member
    Deep in the gut of Texas
    What was I was supposed to do again?

I quite liked that part as well!