don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

haha, I put that bit in just for the fans, knowing that the general public would just be like "what, a rabbit?"

2. Oh my god, that trailer is beautiful. It's so perfect. Everything about this game is perfect.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice this, but I haven't seen it mentioned yet: Marble Garden spinning poles and Mushroom Hill vines! Also, if we don't get Stardust Speedway Good Future I'm gonna cry.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Glad SEGA decided to revive the series, I was always wondering what would be the next game after 3D Blast... can't believe they haven't released a Sonic game since 1996!

4. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    Anyone interested in this once it's done as a wallpaepr or sumthing :p ?
    [​IMG]

Coloring one of the shots from the trailer because I'd love to have it as a wallaper.

5. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    @Boxer Hockey sorry you had to register under a different handle because I stole yours 13 years ago. We can switch accounts if you want- you inherit my entire ignoble legacy while I get a fresh start and a new lease on life after August 15. Overlord can add the missing t, probably.

6. So while Flying Battery likely cancelled out the possibility of Mushroom Hill being in, the use of its vines in Stardust Speedway must rule it out completely. That probably also means with those Marble Garden bits rule it out from being a contender for the Sonic 3 level. Launch Base, Hyrdocity, or Ice Cap then huh?

Oh yeah, and I would gladly welcome a Sonic Mania show, but not necessarily at the expense of Boom.

7. Oh, and to what I've said a few pages ago about being saddened about it might be digital-only, but upon reading more about it, it's still up in the air(?)

What ever the case, I didn't want to come off as some sort of ninny wiener because it might be digital only, as I will still buy the game digitally to support the peeps who made this because dang the work put into it really shows.

Heck, if it does come out as a physical release, I'll buy that too on top of the digital one I've already owned, only to further support Sega and everyone involved.

Y'all got my money. :D

Totally wallpaper worthy IMO. If fact, any image from this animation is wallpaper worthy. :D

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Pre-purchased the game on Steam. This is the first time that I've ever pre-purchased anything. I've pre-ordered before, but never for anything that has required me to put down any money at all before release. So that's the Steam version bought, the PS4 Collector's Edition on order and the Switch version still pending. The Switch version is showing up on some retailer websites with a physical release at least in the UK, so you know...

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I think Hydrocity is a safe bet, since it already was kind of a "Labyrinth redux" and they can easily combine elements from both, and even from Tidal Tempest.

10. CaveQuest

CaveQuest

Puyo Puyo Sun is the best game ever made! Member
    Mean Bean Tsu Machine
    I cannot believe that this day was gonna get any better after resolving some drama. OMG the trailer is amazing. However I feel that the constant changing of characters mid action a little bit distracting in a certain stage. Mirage Saloon. However I am so hyped for this game!! Thank you SEGA for reviving Sonic the right way since 1996.

11. Turbohog

Turbohog

I hope some of this animation is in the actual game, it's fantastic.

I'm still not pre-ordering though. Only because I'm still desperately hoping for a physical release. :colbert:

12. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    True that :p

Here's my crappy edit btw, including a layer for photoshop/sai:
    http://imgur.com/a/Za6Ot

13. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Maybe that's one of the reasons for the delay? I wouldn't mind seeing what was in the trailer colored in, even as an opening cutscene.

14. MissingNoGuy

MissingNoGuy

Sounds totally automated. Member
    If there's assets from Marble Garden, then it's most likely not going to see a remade version in Mania in my opinion.

However, the fact the assets were re-used is a good thing. Probably one of the most beautiful zones in S3K.

15. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I've pre-ordered on PC. Will buy it on Switch when that comes out and primarily play on there, but since I own all of the other titles on Steam and they deserve the sales I'm going to double dip on this. (Maybe triple...)

Has anyone pre-ordered the PS4 version? Do you get the bonus themes and avatars when you pre-order? The store only has descriptions of them but I can't find any pictures of them. I'd love to know what that bonus content is because if it's nice I might want to pre-order on PS4 as well.

16. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    http://youtu.be/grws-dz7-SY

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. RikohZX

RikohZX

So with the Sonic 2 concepts released and its implications that Hidden Palace Zone / the Master Emerald could've been potentially involved with time travel, that bit at the end of the trailer got me wondering; while the elevator was probably more of a mythology gag than anything else, a Chaos Emerald or even potentially Master Emerald-like figure at the top of the buttons, Mirage Saloon essentially being a revival of Dusty Hill and Desert Dazzle, and other elements suddenly have me wondering if this is one gigantic, subtle tribute to the early design versions of Sonic 2 in some ways.

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    The guy who's talking needs to play more Sonic CD.

19. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Is that a reference to one of the early designs of Sonic?