don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4-gvFdOWAI

Guys this doesn't count as them just re-using Green Hill again, they replaced the water with sand it's totally different now

2. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    The checkers look very lackluster in terms of details. Far close to Lost Worlds styling than Generations, sadly. Even the slapped on loop is done the se way they were in Lost World.

3. Misinko

Misinko

Bettering the world, one bugfix at a time! Member
    Cornland, USA
    Sonic 2 SMS Cleanup
    [​IMG]

Ladies and gentlemen, the very first fully-automated Sonic game!

4. There are dash pads in front of the loops, so momentum based physics is out of the question like it was in Generations.

5. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
  6. ...DAMMIT. Once again, I am concerned.

They COULDN'T keep me in the dark about this just a little bit longer?

I was hoping for Metal Sonic or Dreamcast Sonic, but those hopes seem dashed.

Could be Blaze the Cat...or some random new character.

UUUGGGHHH. I want to be hyped but I can't now.

Also Green Hill Zone. AGAIN.

Will follow with negative skepticism. :flunked:

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I think this might be the first game in a long time where the Sonic Cycle might actually apply again.

8. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

I wonder if the 'new character' in Sonic Forces is that old rumour of a 'create your own character' thing.
    I also wonder if the green hill we saw is part of a mashed up level like how the modern sonic stage had some completely different scenery in the distance.

Definitely on the fence about this even more so now. At least we're getting Mania. *shrugs*

9. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Hello darkness, my old friend.

10. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Someone in the DK Vine chat postulated this: What if these were mash-ups of classic levels? For instance, we saw Green Hill/Sandopolis? That'd be AWESOME. But, I doubt it. :/

Considering how awful Generations 3DS looked the first time we saw it, I'm not gonna take this footage as any indication of how the final game might look. But I definitely hope it's more than just GHZ _again_ but with a sandy background. Like, damn guys, I've never even made a ROM hack before, and I'm pretty sure even I could've figured out how to do that.

11. Darth Taco

Darth Taco

I think I'd prefer it actually being Bubsy instead of a new character or an OC creator :v:

12. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    [​IMG]

Are you sure about that

13. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    It's not as if Green Hill is really a surprise at this point. Green Hill is in like 23 Sonic games, and that's just the actual platformers.

How so? The Sonic cycle is characterized by Sega constantly ignoring what critics want, not fans. That's why it's such a flawed misconception about the series, because it's based on people who have no idea what the hell they're talking about. But this is more of what critics like and sells well. All it could be is the first

14. Kinda surprised by how barren the background looked compared to Generations. I get that it's supposed to be a desert but... yeesh.

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Sonic fans and critics are one and the same. :v:

Though also not sure what Sonic Cycle you've been looking at but it isn't characterized by Sega ignoring what reviewers want:

[​IMG]

Right now it has hit the second part of the cycle right on.

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I got you, bro
    [​IMG]

Seriously fuck this game

17. RikohZX

RikohZX

Even if the game is a lot better than it's looking right now, it's like Sonic Team really doesn't know how to advertise gameplay footage for these things well.

18. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    It's appeared in past Kishimoto-directed Sonic games too. Literally a staple now.

19. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    "Critics just don't get it" is an argument of which I'm tired. Going back to old Sonic reviews, yes even ones from IGN, it seems to me like their criticisms were on point, albeit sometimes badly worded or accompanied by poor gameplay performance. Sonic Unleashed was pretty bad, aside from the Day segments. Sonic and the Black Knight was terrible, quite frankly. Have you replayed that game recently? Count how many stages it takes for your wrist to start screaming in agony. These outlets also praised Colors and Generations; you know, the games we generally agree without reservation are pretty good. Fans don't want to be told the games they're looking forward to are bad, and I've not seen such bratty fans in any other fanbase.

20. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    What the fuck is with the terrain in Same Hill zone? Not just the swapped water but it looks like entire chunks of geometry are just floating in the sky like someone was going to town with a level creator with drag-and-drop tiles. It doesn't look like it has any rhyme or reason unless its simply that incomplete. They're going to have to stretch at lengths to call it plot related. It honestly looks like "Highway in the sky" but in 2D which is the same vibe I got from Generations 3DS. Also the same trash generations physics and level design is confirmed from the 10 seconds of gameplay shown off.

Bubsy is confirmed though. Neat.