don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Still waiting for it on US Google Play.

2. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    Will the latinamerican version arrive at the same date as US?

neither iOS nor GPlay are available yet

3. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Just a heads up that current players will need to update their versions of the game to 1.1.0 once the worldwide rollout commences proper.

Whilst it's not currently live for those outside of the test regions (and is still listed as version 1.0.4t), you can use this link to access the game's app page on Google Play.

4. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    "The game server is currently undergoing maintenance." *Back to title screen*

Bleh. Guess I'll try again later.

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yeah, maintenance is scheduled until 7am UTC. Its now open again.

6. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Only works on iOS 8.0 and above, no Sonic Runners action on my iPhone then. Guess it's time to put the iPad on charge.

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Just beat the first Eggman boss, they've changed the game a little from what I last played of the Canadian release. Sonic gets EXP to level up now instead of you feeding him your rings, which is great.

Maybe it comes in later, but so far there aren't prizes on the little nodes anymore. You don't get rewards on each of the hexagons.

EDIT: Unless this is all old news :v:

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The EXP is new, and you can still level up with rings as well. You still get rewards on the little parts of the map, but they expire if you don't reach them soon enough, same as ever. There's been loads of other changes though. The menus, while still numerous, are far simpler. You get a selection of free items (presumably every day?) and the option to revive twice during a run, once with Red Rings and another time with ads.

And yes, the game now features adverts after runs. They don't always show up, but even once is too many. You can't just switch to aeroplane mode to avoid them even there, as the game demands a constant connection. As far as I can see, there's no mention that using IAPs will disable them either, which is a let down. I like that in the HardLight games, any single purchase from 79p to £70 will remove all adverts apart from the optional ones.

9. So I updated the game and now it crashes immediately after everyone's favorite logo pops up. Don't know why.
    EDIT - Looking at the reviews and apparently this is happening to a lot of people.

10. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

So, this game is pretty cool. I hope it has lasting appeal. The thing that bugs me is that I try to invite my friends and it just crashes. It's very annoying

11. Conzuh

Conzuh

yeah yeah big nice Member
    Millennium Dreams
    This happening to anyone else? Didn't realise my name was a swear...

[​IMG]

12. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    damn I've been waiting since Feb for this and it just closes out on the Sega Screen on my device (HTC One M8) too, what a shame

13. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    You have it on Google Play? Says it's not available yet for the US on mine.
    [​IMG]

14. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    @Jason's pic

"Run,Jump, and Aim for the TOP!"

...Isn't that the description for Sonic Jump?

15. That's odd. It's on there for me. Also has anyone here with an android device been able to play the game at all? It just crashes on the SEGA screen after startup :\

16. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Well, it must've just updated, because it's now available to download. Bizarre. They nerfed Rappy hard, though (each Rappy was worth 10 Flickies, now worth 4) and the total score is tabulated on the fly. Now to wait for Classic Sonic to spend the Red Rings I spent an embarrassing amount of time collecting.

17. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Literally Swimming in Privilege Banned
    Well, this worldwide launch can't be any worse than Batman's PC version.

18. At least Arkham Night actually loads up :v:

19. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    So according to NeoGAF the game either crashes on start up on Android or makes your phone run so hot it melts your phone. Any truth to this? I can't really justify downloading this on my (quite recent) Z3 Compact if it has the potential to brick my phone. These reports can't be serious?

20. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    This is a hardware failure. Programs (especially 'apps') can't cause the CPU to overheat to the point of "melting" the phone unless the system is so poorly designed that it doesn't engage in thermal throttling and/or automatic shutdown.

Runners works perfectly fine on my LG G2 (VS980), though it occasionally has frameskipping issues.