don't click here

Sonic Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Stealth, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I only suggest Metal Sonic based off current series character relevancy. From a plot stand point, it makes no sense, but let's face it Sonic 1 (and by association this game) barely has a plot, so who cares who is playable.

2. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    [​IMG]

:ssh:

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ooh youuu :ruby:

4. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Stealth and co., you do you.

Also, just saying: commenting on a build that's years old is a bit dumb and impractical.

5. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Apologies again, didn't know in the beginning it was old. [​IMG]

6. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    The idea that anybody could fathom or support cutting Mighty out of Megamix completely and utterly baffles me. This is objectively the coolest thing he's ever been in, and it has the most unique and interesting set of moves he's ever had at his disposal.

7. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I support the Shadow replacement... and think it's more fitting as Metal Sonic is actually a classic character unlike Shadow... Plus Metal can play similarly, if not identical to Shadow in Megamix, and no one would bat an eye.
    Replacing Mighty? Blasphemy my friend. But don't take my word for it...

Though Amy would be welcome as a 6th character, to round things out, and serve as a challenge for players to use.

Hmm... Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Mighty, Amy and Metal?? That roster sounds very familiar to me... [​IMG]

8. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    The whole point of Shadow's presence is that custom hi-jump ability they gave him. He had the ability in the original versions to reach places that only someone like Tails could normally reach. I assume there are similar plans being put in place for him in the totally redesigned version.

9. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I'm confused, but I do have to admit I would have stopped caring about Sonic several years ago if Blaze didn't show up. I've always preferred playing as female characters in Sonic games, so the lack of them in a large roster stands out to me, but that's never been in Megamix's plans, so I don't see any reason to be upset. :v: We have tons of hacks with Amy, Cream, and eventually Blaze too, (Working on that myself.) anyway.

Cinossu, everything gag you pull makes me crack up, holy crap.

10. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Just imagine now for a second... if this wasn't a hoax/gag. #PipeDream

11. Felik

Felik

It would be a waste of effort and character slot.
    A character which matches the game neither aesthetically nor gameplay-wise. Meanwhile there are a lot of actual Sonic characters who would fit much better into a Sonic hack.

Anyway
    I'm a huge fan of the music playing in this video

Is it gonna make it into the next release?

12. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    That song's supposed to be final, yes (the stage music, not the invincibility or boss—those are just filler).

13. AkumaYin

AkumaYin

Does anybody here know that somebody on deviantArt made this?

[​IMG]

Stolen. Content. Some people might even possess the nerve to, shall I say, use this in their hacks.

Don't believe me? Use Google and search "sonic megamix shadow" and you'll see this image in the listing.

===============

And please, don't take Shadow out. True, he may seem a little bit out of place with the classic characters, but he's been in Megamix for a while -- and some fanboys are probably going to get upset with his removal.

Also, about more characters, a while back, I was thinking "Oh, why don't they have Blaze in Megamix? She's a pretty neat character, and Burning Blaze would be fun to create." -- but then I realized that The S Factor is a Megamix tie-in, and it made sense.

14. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Technically the guy didn't steal them since they note they were made by the people at Megamix and not them. A few people have ripped sprites from other hacks as well, including mine. Since they rarely steal credit, I tend not to be bothered.

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Can't be a Megamix thread revival without some sort of WWE levels of dramaticism. :v: So dramatic, I made a word!

Always been a follower of Megamix and Team Stealth-Tax as they forged their paths (individually or together.) It's understandable why the project's been quiet for a bit of time, and I'm not saying that because of SEEKRIT PRIVILEGES. Either way, I look forward to the day it finally launches and just doing my own thing to help spread word of the project.

I'm basically the Retro PR guy anyway :v:

16. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    The full song MP3 was also bundled with the not-a-release that Stealth posted, if you want it. So even if they decided to change it, the full song is finally available.

17. AkumaYin

AkumaYin

So, will there be an option to play the game with the older MegaDrive music? If not, I'm gonna miss Smooth Criminal as Starry Night 2, Another Part of Me as City Outskirts 1, that Panic Puppet remix from Starry Night 3, and all the other awesome music in this hack.

I downloaded the unofficial release, though I'm not going to spoil myself too much. I have to say that the MP3 music is awesome, and I see there are some new/changed SMPS tunes as well.

18. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    99.9999999% sure that character changes are completely out of the question.

19. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    People do weird stuff with hack content that isn't "put it in their hack" but their own line of work.

For example, did I ever tell you guys the time where someone made a MUGEN stage out of Pocky Field?

[​IMG]

I'm just as confused as you all are. Also curious how it runs. I never got around to installing MUGEN myself and there are no videos on youtube.

20. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    MUGEN is terrible though.