don't click here

Sonic Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Stealth, Jan 27, 2012.

1. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Yeah if there's anything Mugen games do well at, it's overpowered, unbalanced, art clashing, audio clipping madness.

2. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Ah... MUGEN. Tried it for about an hour. Subsequently removed it from my laptop.

3. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Depends on the person/people involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8a0YPayEvw
    This is still being worked on, by the way. Just very slow progress.

4. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

Did you all really miss the point of the post? It wasn't made on the purpose of talking about MUGEN itself, but the fact that someone made a stage based on a Sonic hack, most likely without permission (but likely giving credit, at least). The point being made is that it didn't cause anyone to be bothered just because the stage itself was made, nor did anyone consider it theft. That's what GT Koopa meant to say, that it's quite confusing.

Besides, I'm not going to completely disagree in here, but I'm not going to agree either. MUGEN is a decent engine, it just wouldn't seem that way if most people didn't make ridiculously big rosters of things that don't go along or just ridiculous weeaboo crossovers. I know this is off topic, but just wanted to say it really depends on how you use the engine.

5. Bobinator

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting Member
    Are you sure about that? I assumed that Card Saga Wars had been forgotten years ago.

Then again, considering the thread we're in, there's always hope, I suppose.

6. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Well, he posted on his Tumblr that the game's status is the same as last year, and he doesn't have anything new to tease at the moment. So maybe it's not being worked on right now, but it's not scrapped.

7. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Obviously. I wasn't poking fun at the engine.

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    OK, not only are we going wildly offtopic, there's not much more else to say right now. Locking the thread, someone from Megamix can unlock it when it's deemed necessary.

9. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I ran it over with all concerned, and it was deemed that a lock is unnecessary at this point.(thanks for the concern though OL, appreciate it :thumbsup:) General discussion of the project is always fine, but let's try not to get too offtopic.

10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I will say a few words here on this...

I don't think public hints and releases on the state of the project are a bad idea, but I can understand the reasons Stealth will have for doing so. He's clearly argued his reasons and I don't wish to refute them.

Furthermore, I'd like to say here and now that, your name is recognized and has weight from at least a few of us still. I already enjoyed Taxman's first Sonic CD remake immensely...

But when the news hit that you would be the one behind the Sonic 1 and 2 ports? I knew we were in for a true treat. I'm shocked you didn't get more credit in the project, but for at least some of us, rest assured that your name carried weight when it became attached to it. I appreciate the things you've done for these hacks over the years. I truly wish Sega would give you the funds to use the engine and create your own game in this style, but alas, it is what it is. The Japanese see us as a niche that aren't that important to them for whatever reason. Oh well.

I look forward to the eventual completion of MegaMix as if it were the true Sonic 4/5. So long as you're onboard for getting it done (which, again, you've said you are), I can wait. I've been lurking since the Simon Wai days, and I'll still be lurking in this community for a long time I suspect.