don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    If that live action/animation rumor is true (which very likely isn't the case), then I doubt that it'd be a tie-in with Sonic Boom.

2. Little late to the party, but there's no way in hell this is related to Sonic Boom. Sega previously stated that Boom was geared more towards a Western audience than anything, with no plans of it even being released in Japan. A Sonic movie would have to have worldwide appeal, so they wouldn't waste that on a Western-specific part of the franchise, especially since we're already getting the Boom TV show and games. Now if they were attempting to do a Clone Wars style movie-that-leads-into-the-tv-show 1.) we'd have known about it since day 1 since it would literally kick off the franchise, 2.) Warner Brothers would probably distribute it since the show is being shown on Cartoon Network.

As for the movie itself, the most realistic idea is that it's going to be produced by the same studio that did Night of the Werehog and would be literally an hour and a half long version of the cutscenes from the recent games with a similar story. There might be more depth and character development since there's zero gameplay involved, which would be good because that could pave the way to correcting the all-over-the-place quality of the recent games as far as characters go (specifically referring to the secondary characters in Generations). I predict that Sega would use this movie as a commercial of some sort as part of a global reboot of the franchise, similar to Sonic Boom being a Western reboot of the franchise, that would help them bring everything together and get kids interested in Sonic again.

I do not expect it to be a feature length adaptation that serves to only work as a movie, but rather just a jumping point for more games and merchandise.

3. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    So hey, Sonic movie confirmed for reals this time.

Get hype?

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    CG/live-action hybrid.

No.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ughhhh whyyyyy.

6. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    CG yes. Live-action, NO. NO.

JUST.

NO.

Has the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie taught no one anything? yes, I know they made bank. But please, if this is going to happen, I just want it treated with esteem.

Look at the upcoming Ratchet and Clank and Sly Cooper movies. Copy them, not the freaking Smurfs.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well, at least Sega's studio is working with them, so the model should be spot on.

At the very least, CG Eggman. Please don't be foolish enough to cast someone as Eggman.

8. gold lightning

gold lightning

This is the only part of this deal that sounds good to me. Because those guys are pretty damn good.

Other than that... it's sounds like a horrible idea in every way.

9. I've thought about the concept of Sonic doing a CG/Live action thing.. but I was like..pfft... that'll never happen.

WELP.

Scheiße... all right. Let's see how this is gonna go.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Poster revealed:

[​IMG]

11. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

Someone send them Blue Core's fan-film to show them how badly this could go should they follow through.

12. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    You'd think after over 10 years, this trend would have died by now.

What fuels it? What makes studios still think this is something people want?

13. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    Boy, first Sonic Boom and now this.

It's hard times to be a Sonic fan right now.

14. Machenstein

Machenstein

I can't bring myself to believe a word of this until it comes out of Sega themselves. Then I'll panic.

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

What makes it worse is that 2 years ago, it was back on its way to being something we could be proud of again.

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Fuck, were screwed.

Welp guys Dark Ages 2.0 is upon us, get hype.

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    For those who haven't read the front page post: this is gonna be a movie franchise. One movie a year.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/sony-sega-team-for-sonic-the-hedgehog-pic/

This can't be right. One movie a year? How? WHY?

EDIT: GOD NO

EDIT 2: What do ya know? I forgot this was my topic. Title changed.

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Hey Dark Sonic, how about you change the thread title.

20. I've stated before, I'm not the type of guy to judge things to early. We haven't even seen jack shit and I'm worried as fuck right now.