don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The problem isn't not having friends. It's not having (local) friends who want to play Sonic games.

2. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    I don't have any friends who like to play sonic games, but even they will play SA2B with me. It was the only sonic game with acceptable multiplayer.That's because it's not about sonic; it's about being with friends. Maybe you people need better friends. :thumbsup:

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Ouch. That was a low blow man.

My friends is awesome.

4. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    I have a brother. :colbert: Sucks to be y'all.

5. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I used to play SA2 multiplayer with my cousin. Until he decided Sonic ( and videogames in general) were for little kids. Fuck.

Now I play with my boyfriend :)

6. Rainbow bacon

Rainbow bacon

I am a Cat eating waffles atop a tree next to Jesu
    Wherever the hell I want.
    Learning to do stuff.
    So I left this thread open and my sister drew this in MS paint:
    [​IMG]
    Way to rub it in, sis.

7. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    I would like to assist to an event, but from here it's almost impossible at the moment for me to travel, but I'll buy it at launch when it come out, so only I have to wait...

I hope you enjoy the event...

8. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    My brother recently came into possession of a Xperia SP smartphone, which has an 8mp camera plus video recording capabilities up to 1080p. I can try to get him to record some footage at Summer of Sonic while I try my hand at either the Wii U or 3DS versions, given that the queues aren't ATROCIOUS, as my brother has slim to no patience.

Of course, it may not help, as I may end up being terrible at both versions - in which case, we could always use the hypothetical footage for some kind of Retro Lost World blooper reel.

9. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkUIRi6VCOQ[/video]

October 22nd.

Eagle and Rhythm look pretty cool. Not sure about Asteroid.

10. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    I'm sure Rhythm will make more sense when we hear its funky backbeat.

Also gasp they said die in a sonic game.

11. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Well, Asteroid seems to basically be the violet Wisp from DS Colors.

I'm looking even more forward to these now. We all knew Laser was here, but that was the only Wisp until now. The fact that this is developing more and more into a spiritual Colors 2 just kind of makes me feel... safe--about the game, that is. Don't ask me why. My brain is thinking Colors = safe bet = good game.

12. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    WELCOME TO DIE

Well at least this looks much more up my alley. Some wider open areas and new environments look fantastic. Eagle is like becoming Tails for a bit. Drill looks improved now that you can dolphin dive out of the ground instead of ending the power. Asteroid is just void on consoles, and Beat looks shitty.

13. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    We actually knew about the drill and asteroid for awhile now. But I believe it is kind of early to feel safe about the game. Not being a pessimist in here but there are some things that are concerning me still, like the fact that the Deadly Six seeming to be generic as fuck.
    fat one eating stuff all the time (this new trailer shows him eating a sandwich) and being goofy, the red one being the serious bussiness evil leader, the pink one seeming to be the "insane" one, the girly being some bitch-diva, the old one being pretty much an Yoda type of character who knows much about everything and the blue one being the depressed emo kid
    And some other stuff here and there, but let's wait and see, Sonic Team has earned a lot of my trust lately.

Also, for what is worth it seems like that free fall act in the honeycombs ain't part of the Desert area as shown in the E3 demo and actually part of this new Forest biome. And the desert/dessert zone made a lot more sense now due the fact that even in the desert areas there are candies. And looks like the levels will have lots of variation in its acts and not just new stages built with the same assets.

Welp, I got kind of excited, which is nice. I just hope that Sonic Team keeps this design style (cartoony surreal and hand drawn) in the next games.

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Slightly higher quality version of the trailer on IGN (no Youtube compression): http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/16/sonic-lost-world-colors-trailer

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Colours 2? I can dig. =P

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]

Hi snow world.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

Another new level. Probably also in the desert world, so that's at least four different acts in that one world.

17. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    If it is an "Colors 2" (in quotes because, ya know, it ain't) we may be looking at 6~8 acts per zone at the very least.

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    True, though this time they seem to be calling the acts "zones". So maybe each zone has 2 acts or something.

19. [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GZAJZLUXtc#t=22s[/video]

I'm speechless.

20. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Is it just me, or does the Red Deadly Six guy (cannot recall the name) sound rather similar to Eggman's VA?