don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    There goes my hopes of grind rails being gone. :v:

2. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    So October 22 is when the game is coming out, at least it's not the day after Pokemon X and Y! The new wisps are pretty cool too, also one of the deadly six sounded like Raven to me but I doubt that Tara Strong played a voice in this game... I totally can't wait to play the demo of this even more at Sonic Boom. :3

3. Oh boy, it really is Sonic Colours 2.

Some of them locations looked very nice, but seeing those grindrails made me go ecch because I was hoping they'd be gone. And those Deadly Six seem really generic there.

Still looks like a really fun game though, the story doesn't seem overly serious and the gameplay itself looks like a blast to play. Just hope the Colour powers are not fiddly to use.

4. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Still looks fine, but frankly, what I've seen so far still hasn't 100 percent sold me. There seems to be a clunkiness to Sonic's movement, Wisp and regular gameplay that just hasn't clicked for me yet. I'm looking forward to a public demo, though, and until then there's not much more point for me to form any additional opinions. I'll let the game itself convince me.

5. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    For what is worth, it seems to be a gimmick kind of deal since we don't really see rails anywhere else in the game. Not in the demo, not in the trailers or screenshots. Nothing.

EDIT
    I've been doing some thinking and here is something that I've found out: The number three is everywhere in this game. Here are some examples:

- The Deadly Six, as the name goes is formed by six members. Which we can divide by two which is the number of years since Sonic's last big game (Generations, 2011) = 3.
    - The red villain says the word "Die" in this trailer which is a very uncommon word for a Sonic game. "Die" is made of... Yes, you guessed right. 3 letters.
    - The number of new wisps presented at this trailer? 3.
    - This year we had speculations about another Sonic game which was... Sonic Adventure 3.
    - How much time has passed since Colors' release? Yep. 3 years.
    - If we ignore the time it took for the ESRB rating, SEGA logo and the Lost World logo in the new trailer we'll get 1:22 of the actuall game, which we can round to 1:20 and 1+2+0=3.
    - How much motobugs have we seen when the Asteroid wisp appeared? You guessed right, 3.
    - Considering that A= 1, B=2, C=3 and so on, how much do we get if we add "Lost World"? 138 which if we divide by the 22 which is how long Sonic's franchise exists we get 6.27 and 6 + 27 = 33. But that's not three, right? But what about the "Sonic"? An exact 60, which we can divide by two which is the number of official trailers we had for Sonic Lost World so far, so... 33-30=3.

Half Life 3 confirmed, ladies and gentlemen!

6. synchronizer

synchronizer

I don't really like the wisps being so prevalent in the game. I didn't enjoy them. Also, I fear that Lost Worlds will have the terrible tiny acts from Colors too.

7. Guys... these are highlights. They pick out a select few bits for the trailer and focus on that. It doesn't mean you'll constantly have to use the wisps or whatever. We haven't seen them much in the gameplay footage shown so far, anyway.

As for the villains... suddenly, I find them much more interesting. They don't seem nearly as dopey, given how articulated the leader is.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Holy crap something you said I agree with.

But yeah, in two of the three level playthroughs we've seen so far there were no wisps and in the one that there was it was optional to use. There will probably be levels where they're necessary, but I doubt they'll play as big of a role as in Colours.

9. ItsBrieDude

ItsBrieDude

my brain is the spinning seal gif Member
    Why does Zavok sound like Mephiles?

Oh god. DAN GREEN?

*Mephiles Evil Laugh*

EDIT:

Also, with the rocket wisp he hits a SA2/Heroes Balloon.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh god, SA2 ghosts. The great emerald's power allows me to feel.

And just because the whole desert/dessert argument pissed me off so much a few weeks back, I'd now like to say THERE IS YOUR DESERT LEVEL. THERE. RIGHT THERE. Now can we accept that these areas are simply bundled under one zone name despite possibly having little to nothing to do with each other (In before: HURR DESSERT IS A BAD PUN, I DON'T LIKE STUPID HUMOR EVEN IF I GET IT AND BY NOT LIKING IT THAT MEANS IT'S TOO STUPID TO EXIST)

11. Rainbow bacon

Rainbow bacon

I am a Cat eating waffles atop a tree next to Jesu
    Wherever the hell I want.
    Learning to do stuff.
    Allow me to quote another Sonic game.
    THAT DAMN FOURTH CHAOS EMERALD
    YOU'RE GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL
    I'm GOING TO BLOW UP THIS DAMN PLANET
    DAMN THEY GOT AWAY
    DAMN
    DAMN IT
    DAMN DMAN DMNA DANM DAMN NDANMDNMADNSDFKJJRKKJGHJKSMJSNFKNCNWH
    So is "die" really that suprising?
    And yes, I knew that it was sarcasm, but I just needed a reason to quote a stupid game.

12. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    ^ Let's not forget "The Iblis Trigger...MUST die!"

13. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    Yeah, but those are in the dark and angsty phase of Sonic, they'd never say die in a more light hearted title like Sonic Unleashed!

Speaking of Unleashed, could this game be rated E10+ due to having similar styles of physical cartoon violence? Seems odd that this is rated E10+ for "Mild Cartoon Violence" and Generations was E for un-mild "Cartoon Violence" if I've read things right. Maybe the term changed.

14. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    Unleashed had Dark Gaia spurt out blood while transforming, as well as Sonic beating enemies senseless.

You can see it here.

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    This thread right now:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

Guys, cartoony villains say the word die. It's not some word that suddenly gives the game a dark tone. Did you all only watch cartoons filled to the brim with TV censors?

16. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
  17. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    All right, all right, yes someone uttered the horrifically offensive implication of die/death in a children's game. Cutting this down right now before the fanbase suddenly picks up "bible thumpers" in addition to green eyes.

Seriously, not a big deal.

18. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    + - I keep forgetting you guys can't take jokes. My bad.  

Does anyone else think the Wisp announcer sounds a little less thrilled in this game?

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b26ePv7ecPE

European release date: October 18th.

20. ItsBrieDude

ItsBrieDude

my brain is the spinning seal gif Member

I recently found a video of the Colors E3 build and the announcer in Lost World sounds about like beta Colors. Maybe Sega will re-record his lines.

+ - (Also, please bring back GOOD GREAT AWESOME OUTSTANDING AMAZING Sega).