don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flare

Flare

Sonic playing guitar is so great. Really wonderful animations, definitely the best model of Sonic there has been.

2. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    It's not even texturing, it's done like this for animation purposes. The game is able to show one mouth and not both at the same time. Unleashed was the same way, and as far as I know, the CG model works like this as well. It's all in the animation and rendering sequences. The reason it's shown in this video is because the morphs/target points aren't being taken into account.

3. Ryan the Game Master

Ryan the Game Master

USA
    Concept: "Mobius" (site), Project: "Shadow" (script), "Sonic Fighting Game" (movesets and dialogue)
    Ah, that makes sense, then.

4. That animation is fantastic. Couple things to note from it,

The old school 'Plasticine Sonic' Guitar jumping around animation.

As well as the Animation that puts him in the Sonic Adventure 1 pose (With the arms in between his legs and such)

To me, excluding the one before last animation (Which to me, looks like Metal Sonic's moving animation, but on a Sonic skin (As evidenced from the screenshot)), all look to be possibly used during a credits roll at the end. Y'know, the kinda feeling that when the music section of the credits comes along, there'll be the Sonic Guitar Animation (Emphasised solo one) along side Crush 40's name no doubt. As well as probably screen shots of CGI and levels like all other previous credit rolls.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Oh dear god that Big Arm remix is AWESOME! Why are there no linked MP3s of that & MHZ Classic yet? =P

6. gold lightning

gold lightning

Because when we finally got a good recording of the 3ds version's music for that boss it unfortunately came with a guy who knew what the fuck he was doing. And this caused the boss fight to end before the music could get to its looping point.

As for MHZ, I have no idea.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Oh right that reminds me!

Hey guys guesssssssssssss what I found?...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5zueij

Well not me but a good friend, JetJagger. it turns out that I didn't need to buy that promo album after all see mr. kele is having a remix contest and the song he released is none other then tenderoni in instrumental form. The one I'm giving you guys is a bit tweaked then the raw one Kele is giving for the remix contest. my friend made some equalization and compression tweaks so its a bit more smooth and sounds more like the one we have been hearing in the generations trailer. plus its been converted to .mp3 and such...

8. I love you so much that I think I might be gay:

[​IMG]

9. What have DIMPS messed up now?

*see's Remix of Sonic 3 Big Arm fight*

....AWESOME

10. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    You can't really blame Dimps on the music end when they're not the ones arranging and composing tracks. I'd have thought that everyone involved on the sound team would have finished everything on the music end but it can't be the case when place holder tracks are still in use.

Also, I do like the new Big Arm music. I wonder who did that track.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Nope, not the SA2 music. Any and all stage music in the game is remixed/remastered. This was ripped from the Japanese version of the City Escape trailer-
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMTQllUDJuI[/youtube]

Not sure we've got any gameplay videos where you can clearly hear more.

12. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I think I've said it before but I'll say it again. I actually prefer this version over the original. It's so much more jumpy!

13. Ryan the Game Master

Ryan the Game Master

USA
    Concept: "Mobius" (site), Project: "Shadow" (script), "Sonic Fighting Game" (movesets and dialogue)

A few days after the E3 trailer was released, I decided to "replace" the My Chemical Romance track with the demo version of Escape From the City, which I've always preferred over the original.

Now, I'm still a novice when it comes to video editing, so I know it's not perfect and you guys could probably find a bunch of things wrong with it, but I'm still rather proud of what I've done.

14. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDJXEuvk9pg
    So here's another one of these. Classic Sonic's animations start about 2:54. Enjoy.

15. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Sonic is... Toucing himself at 6:54? Hahaha

Man this anims rocks. I'm so excited for this game.

16. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'm waiting for the inevitable .gif, personally. :v:

These animations are great, seriously. Full of personality. Almost makes me want a CG Sonic cartoon. Of course, another short a la Night of the Werehog would be incredible.

17. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.

I... I cannot unsee that... thank you very much :argh:

Also, those animations are fucking awesome, where the hell was this animation team when they made Sonic 06 :colbert:

18. Zallirog

Zallirog

Uh, what were we talking about? Member
    I have to say, classic Sonic playing air guitar is just awesome. I can't wait to play this game...

19. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Now it looks like Modern Sonic doesn't always have 2 mouths, so I can assume the 2 mouth thing has to do with 2D.

20. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    I hope these Dance Moves and Instrument playing are related to either the Credits or a Sound Test

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.