don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    And to follow up with GuetaMinute's video, here's one on the PS3, but in worse quality. And I don't mean video quality... (though the audio does suck)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7IBjaOp7Yg[/youtube]

This guy sucks worse than any of the other playthroughs, I swear. It's as if this is his first time playing a 3D Sonic game (though considering how bad reacent titles were, excluding Colors and borderline Unleashed daytime, I wouldn't blame him). Apparently that truck scared the shit out of him; that or he has no concept of holding the square button :P

In any case it shows a loading icon when he dies (pitifully, no pun intended) at 2:13, so there's something.

2. GuetaMinute

GuetaMinute

@ TimmiT No, I never did. I 'll try it later on the demo, since I sold or traded in Unleashed long ago.

Also, lol @ 2: 10 on that video. Not only did the guy jump towards the sign warning him of an endless pitfall, the guy behind him just shakes his head in shame.

3. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.

Well hey, look at the positive side, you can run up the grass, any other modern Sonic game and that would be an invisible wall :v:

4. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    I like how he showed off the Spindash Drift there for a bit too. Guess you can still do it where ever like in Unleashed, as opposed to the Colors method. Nice. It even looked like it might be more effective/useful than the Unleashed drift. (That and if the Rooftop Run trailer is anything to go by.) Hell, any improvement over that piece of garbage is more than welcome.

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The people filming playthroughs at Gamescom usually film random people that happen to play the game. Like someone filmed a match of Street Fighter X Tekken I played, and someone else filmed one of my friends playing Sonic Generations.

6. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    SONIC BO-- *shot*

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Okay, that was amazing.

8. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Oh dear... This guy sucks.
    I mean, my grandpa can play better than this dude... And he's dead.

Also...

0:38 on the video... 'the fuck just happened?

9. FIFE Productions

FIFE Productions

Sonic Retrograde
    @Rockman Zero

Nice! I don't remember seeing the Classic Animation get posted, but that Mickey Mouse dance was hilarious.

@PS3 Video of a noob playing Sonic
    The only thing worse than seeing someone suck really hard at playing a Sonic demo, is seeing the guy walk away from it and say "This sucks, I'm not buying this"

That and spamming the boost button.

Was wondering the same thing. I'm going to say that the player tried to make a hard right too early, and caused some kind of collision error with the ground. It happened to me in Unleashed once or twice and constantly in Sonic '06. *shudder*

10. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Yeah... it's crazy to think about, but I think THAT is what non-Sonic fans see when they play a Sonic game. Even the classics are so unlike anything else out there that people tend to have lots of trouble with them.

11. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    I know this is the smallest thing ever, but something that annoys me is that the saw blades just vanish in a frame when the truck starts to fly. Other than that, awesome.

12. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    So is the Doomsday track going to be used for anything else? Shame to have it go to waste.

13. Felik

Felik

I think that Doomsday track is supposed to be used in a different part of the game. They just used it for a placeholder because S3 final boss music wan't made by the time of E3. I'm pretty sure DIMPS wouldn't be doing additional work.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I'm guessing it was just a placeholder which has now been scrapped.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Yeah... It was just a cheap MIDI, no effort has been lost.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Why use Doomsday though rather than the actual track? The placeholder for MHZ Modern is the proper Mushroom Hill track - it does make you wonder why they picked that one specifically.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I really tried to avoid saying "Because... Dimps", but I think it's still the best answer.

So, because Dimps.

18. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    I'd personally hope it went to waste. I didn't think it was a very good track, and it didn't live up to how the track has been portrayed in other places (Snappleman/Project Chaos as an example).

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

First story details are out:

20. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.

So wait... Sonic is in-game 20? What? :psyduck:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.