don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I think it actually means the fourth wall is being bashed to pieces and the game possibly isn't actually canon.

2. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    I guess so, not even Colors broke the fourth wall that bad.

Because the alternative is everyone being about 5 years older.

3. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I thought the game wasn't canon anywho, considering that everything was gonna go back to normal in the end anyways.

Kind of makes me worried if we're ever going to see a Sonic game take it's story seriously again, though. I mean, the Colors writers are cool and all, but this gets me worried that the game's gonna be really shallow on plot like SC. :ohdear:

4. Zallirog

Zallirog

Uh, what were we talking about? Member
    Kinda reminds me of another games plot, Bugs Bunnies Birthday Blowout, but that's just me I suppose...

5. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    What if it's acknowledged that they're in a video game, but with Sonic's in-game age still being 15/16? It would verge on Deadpool levels of fourth wall breakage, but I personally wouldn't mind it.

I like the saturday morning cartoon style story that Colors had, but I hope this game's story is slightly more serious. Not too much though, a mostly lighthearted story makes the serious moments feel much more important.

6. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    I don't think it's too far fetched to think that Sonic actually turns 20 years old. For instance, wasn't it said he's taller than he is in Unleashed? That, and Rodger Craig Smith's voice makes Sonic sound less kidlike and more like an adult (though not so much in Generations as much as in Colors for some reason...), so this game probably could be cannon while just upping Sonic's age. I mean come on, do you really think the hog could be 16 forever? All hid adventures would have to take place in the same year!

...Then again Sonic makes no sense in the real world to begin with :V

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's never been said that he's any taller than Unleashed. Where did you get that from? Sonic could remain the same age forever, as do most fictional characters.

8. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Or Generations could just be fast-forwarding over a couple of (unmade) adventures.

I don't see why, though. Chances are the story won't be the driving force in this game.

9. I...think I'd be okay with it if everyone was 5 years older, actually. I just wouldn't want it to be a permanent change.

Especially since Tails' voice would probably be dropping around that time.

10. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    That would be a pretty exciting development. Tails becomes a ma—err, fox.

11. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Eh, that's true. Also I got the information from an annotation on a video that someone (who knows why) made as a trailer for Generations Rooftop Run (was Unleashed footage). He said "This is FAKE. Sonic is also taller in Generatuons; take note." Looking closely it looked like Sonic got a little taller, but maybe that was just me (or video squashing, idk).

Glad to know that wasn't true :P

Eh, that's true. Also I got the information from an annotation on a video that someone (who knows why) made as a trailer for Generations Rooftop Run (was Unleashed footage). He said "This is FAKE. Sonic is also taller in Generatuons; take note." Looking closely it looked like Sonic got a little taller, but maybe that was just me (or video squashing, idk).

Glad to know that wasn't true :P

12. Flare

Flare

His current voice is already deep for him to be an early teen. In fact, most of the new voices make the characters sound older, so I don't mind them getting age change, doesn't make much of a difference.

But with that being said what would Classic Sonic's age be, I mean if he hasn't aged what reason do they give behind his changed look, I mean before I thought they just considered it a recon, as in Sonic was always green eyed, but with this game they kinda screw that over. Not that this game's story will be gold in plot since it really just is a point A to point B story.

13. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Couldn't resist doing some GIFs of some of those ripped animations.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This stuff is exactly how I expected Sonic to look in 3D when I was a kid, I love it. They have some bloody good animators working with them nowadays don't they?

14. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I won't mind if most of the cast gets aged, except for Tails and Cream. The others don't have roles related to age, so the jump won't make a difference and it kind of fits. Now Tails and especially Cream aren't the same situation. Tails is kind of naive and Cream is as childish as they come. Them getting a bump in age of five years will make a difference.

15. FIFE Productions

FIFE Productions

Sonic Retrograde
    Odd, I've typically pictured classic Sonic as a 13 year old, and Modern Sonic as 15, making Classic Tails 6 as well and fitting in with Knuckles classic bio, since he is 1 year older than Sonic.

If this same logic is going to be applied to Generations, I don't see an issue story-wise: The synopsis might be a little misleading, even though Roger Craig Smith does sound older than any of Sonic's other voice actors... If Sonic is really turning 20 in the Sonic Universe, wouldn't that make Classic Sonic 1 or 3 (following the same story pattern)?

@Gagaman

Good stuff and...
    [​IMG]
    My personal favorite.

16. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Sonic could easily be 20. He was 15 in Sonic Heroes, and has had about 15 other major games since then. His age has likely gone up- he's much more mature in Colours and the recent games. If that's really the case though, he should stay at that age forever, because if Tails gets any older he won't be the cute little kid anymore, though obviously he's also aged a lot too.

17. The picnic is probably for a generic sonic birthday where they don't address the age issue. Holy shit I just stopped another five pages of idiocy from occurring.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That would be perfect if his eye was facing you D: But classic Sonic has so much charm it's awesome

On another note, technically, classic Sonic is older than modern Sonic,,, how bout that for a mind fuck

19. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    To be fair, the idiocy has yet to begin.

Hopefully it'll stay that way.

20. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    This only has me more anticipated to see what this "Time Eater" is. Still hoping it's that weird thing from the Sonic 1 concept art.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.