don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIFE Productions

FIFE Productions

Sonic Retrograde
    My god, that music was awesome. Well, (with the exception of Sonic 4), if all else fails in a Sonic game, at least you have an awesome soundtrack.

All this and with the 3DS price drop, I'm starting to consider getting the 3DS version... but only considering.

At this point in time, my favorite stage looks like it's going to be either Seaside Hill or Chemical Plant Zone. Wow. I remember when I first played those zones on their own games... good times...

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    This made me grin when I saw it all in the screenshots. I can only hope the Adabat side of it all doesn't bring the crippling framerate with it. :v:

3. Ryan the Game Master

Ryan the Game Master

USA
    Concept: "Mobius" (site), Project: "Shadow" (script), "Sonic Fighting Game" (movesets and dialogue)
    I'm not concerned about the differences between the two versions. I won't be able to get either one for a while (I can't afford a 3DS, neither can I afford a PS3 nor a 360). All I can hope for is that the games do better than the last anniversary game.

4. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Or the water running sections taking up the majority of the level, for that matter. :specialed:

I swear that would be the coolest thing, if it wasn't just running over a bottomless pit and praying to god that you don't bump into anything and die instantly...I'm hoping that they handle that mechanic better here. Just give me some sort of way to recover and not die automatically, that's all I'm asking for. :colbert:

5. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Ideally, they'd give you a few seconds after you slip under to get back up to speed and resurface- presumably by boosting. It'd thus become about careful deployment of the boost to keep your speed up while leaving some in case of danger, instead of BOOSTBOOSTBOOSTOHSHITMINE.

6. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Has anyone gotten a video or sound clip or something of the modern City Escape track? It's the one track that's been revealed so far that hasn't been recorded clearly like the Mushroom Hill ones were.

7. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    I'm pretty sure that it's the same music from Sonic Adventure 2.

8. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Exactly- like a 'TAP A REPEATEDLY TO NOT DIE' would be better than 'LOL DED AGAIN TRY FOR S RANK'

I mean, when you think about the way they handled underwater jumping in Colors, tapping the jump button rapidly to resurface makes even more sense, in this context.

9. Dissident

Dissident

Sami Member
    Copied from SSMB:

I'm still not impressed with the 3DS version. The reason why is pretty simple.

While the good version looks like this, the cash-in version looks more like this:

This all leads back to the good version seemingly having far more effort put into it. I'm imagining the development process was quite different for the two versions:

I know where my money is going.

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It was possible to have gameplay videos with direct-feed audio of the 3DS versions because the 3DS has a headphone jack. You won't see any videos of City Escape Modern with clean audio from public events.

11. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Is it really so wrong to buy a game that you'll enjoy playing, regardless of how much effort you think it took for the developers to make it? I'll say it again: I don't care if it's a cash-in. If it's fun to play, I'll buy it and play it. If I'm not sure, I'll rent it first.

12. Ryan the Game Master

Ryan the Game Master

USA
    Concept: "Mobius" (site), Project: "Shadow" (script), "Sonic Fighting Game" (movesets and dialogue)
    That's very reasonable, actually.

13. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU5LaaHmSDY
    So I'll just leave this here.

14. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    MUCH better, I didn't think they would fix that.

I'm loving these classic remixes a lot too.
    I love the animation in this game so much. Loving the basic stretching and squashing going on in that model, can't wait to see Classic's anims. ripped too.

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Sonic Team must have some really good animators. It's weird seeing Sonic with two mouths though.

16. Ryan the Game Master

Ryan the Game Master

USA
    Well, it's a work-in-progress model, so it's not surprising.

17. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    No. It's the finalized model. He has two mouths so they can be shown on both sides during gameplay. Classic Sonic has four mouths for all of his animated goodness.

18. RhikoruNa

RhikoruNa

Your next line is, "Hey, I recognize that Joestar Member
    Super Sonic transformation animation around 4:25? I know, Chaos Emeralds were found as items before; but...its just awesome seeing it. Makes me wish I had a PC powerful enough to get Generations (if it's still getting the assumed port), because I know I won't see my 360 copy of Generations move this smooth. :/

19. Dissident

Dissident

Sami Member
    Those are some brilliant animations. I'm impressed. :'D

20. Ryan the Game Master

Ryan the Game Master

USA
    Hmm. In that case, it must take some damn good texturing to keep both from showing at the same time. It's a shame they didn't do what's done in the CG and have his mouth just (subtly) move from side to side. That, or just keep it in the middle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.