don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    Looking at their other videos, which include 3DS gameplay of Mario & Sonic 2012, it's in-game as the music is like that in all of their videos even though the music in the M&S2012 videos is clearly new.

2. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAtg9sF904o

Cool cave, bro!

Bad physics, bro.

3. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Shame that cave is just one massive grindrail, not even 3 like the cave in GHZ. I am dissapoint. ed.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That Big Arm boss music is awesome. They seemed to have fixed and added a few things too, like now there is a health meter for the boss and there is a little "Dramatic defeat camera angle" thing after you beat the boss. Also they seemed to have improved the in game Sonic model

Wow I'm actually starting to look forward to the 3DS version, too bad I don't have a 3DS...

5. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Mushroom Hill is actually the very first thing that had me interested in the 3DS version of Sonic Generations. I would have love to see that zone on the HD consoles though.

6. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Oh, the dramatic boss kill ending, something about that is unattractive to me, just let me enjoy my victory in realtime!

7. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Wait, did Sonic just roll off the Death Egg during his victory pose?

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Not only am I happy that the remix is of the correct track, but I'm also very pleased with how great that remix is.

Fantastic to see that was fixed. The 3DS version at least looks a bit better than it did during it's premiere, if I ever got a 3DS I think I wouldn't feel bad about picking it up.

9. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Well, at least sparks don't fly from the "vine" rail anymore...

10. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Reminded me of the boss deaths in Megamix, only slightly less tacky.

11. BystanderLC

BystanderLC

I actually like it that way. But, if you look before the cave, there are three strips of land that look pretty accessible.

12. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    And said track is fucking awesome. It sounds like what Malicious Fingers would sound like with more synth, as in, a totally badass remix of the Sonic 3 boss.

If Modern Sonic gets to fight Big Arm, or if he fights Death Egg Robo (or Great Eggman Robo even, if both are on the Death Egg), hopefully his music sounds just as badass but with less synth and more rawk.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So I guess that music from the E32011 version was just placeholder:

So I'm willing to bet that classic music in modern's MHZ stage will be place holder as well.

14. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    @ Mushroom Hill Zone Classic mix and S3 Final Boss mix

:o

awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I forgot to mention a while back when they were using the Doomsday Zone music instead that the panning and some of the notes were identical to the S3K PC version FM MIDI. It's probably just a coincidence, but it was something I picked up on when I looked at the MIDI while watching the video at the time. But I'm glad they settled with the correct music now.

15. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    I'll admit, that is a pretty good Final Boss remix, it gives hopes that the other tracks will be good as well.

16. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    CONFIRMED: 3DS version worth it for that Robotnik's Revenge music alone.

Also, the dramatic freeze-shot when you kill the boss originated in Sonic Rush.

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I have a question. The 3D slider is all the way on, there.

I thought off-camera footage of 3DS games with the 3D turned on was supposed to be blurry and generally horrible?

EDIT: NEVERMIND IM BLIND.

18. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Not going to lie- Seaside Hill looks like the best stage in the game right now. It's like if you glued the best aspects of Green Hill, Hydrocity, and Jungle Joyride together.

19. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Well, I was going to Atlanta tomorrow to play the demos, but of course things find ways of not happening. But I guess I'm not missing much if they're just demoing Green Hill Zone. I still have the Generations demo on my XBOX. It's not modded or anything so I can't play Modern GHZ, but I can wait a few months. I've seen the videos enough anyway.

20. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Damn, that 3DS version looks a lot better than it did a few months ago. I'll have to pay attention to it too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.