don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Twenty hours of--

What is this devilry?!

2. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

D: The waiting is killing me.

The details of this game are so adorable. I wonder if Sonic Team had fun while projecting this. It certainly looks like it.

I wouldn't be so sure, since you died once while distracted by something shiny, little one.

Giant Motobug? Zone Boss or no deal. :v:

3. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    Dreadknux is just giving tidbits before he can post his preview tomorrow.

On voice acting, he says:
    <!--quoteo(post=202781:date=20 September 2010 - 10:59 AM:name=Dreadknux)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dreadknux @ 20 September 2010 - 10:59 AM) [​IMG]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's good. It's very, very good. Anyone complaining about having the past actors come back - any of them - after hearing these new ones are deaf. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

4. He doesn't remember that one.

5. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    That never happened.

...No, seriously, even if '06 is considered canon, it retconned itself out of existence and is therefore non-canon anyway. :v:

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Not completely. Blaze existed in the future at the start of '06, and didn't at the end.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Could it finally be? Could it be a 3D Sonic game that is actually good? All the signs are pointing to yes.

FINALLY

8. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member

So basically we gained nothing and lost one of the better c-list Sonic characters :specialed:

9. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Pardon the fuck out of me? Wasn't Tails always trying to keep up with Sonic in Sonic 2 up to Sonic Adventure? Jesus Christ. Boring Inventor Tails confirmed throughout the rest of the Sonic series. Anyway, moving on before I blow a goddamn head-gasket. Save for that shitty bullet right there, I like everything else I saw in that list. Especially the Motobug and that 'shiny' quote from Sonic.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Welp, looks like I'm placing an Argos pre-order! Now I have to decide which out of the DS and Wii versions are more likely to get another bonus elsewhere...

11. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Two more Eggman quotes and one EXTREMELY postiive preview from someone that got to play the near finished build.

First Eggman quotes:
    "Please don't be concerned by any screaming aliens. The screams are how they communicate. Really. I promise."
    "We've found your -- er... your keys! That's it, we've found your keys. No need to be ready for a trap, since we only wish to return your keys!"

http://wii.nowgamer.com/previews/wii/1275/sonic-colors

^VERY positive but realistic preview.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I really love the Eggman quotes. They actually seem funny. I'm glad this game doesn't take itself too seriously

13. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    These quotes are brilliant. I'm going to love this game.

14. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    The only thing that sticks in my mind is that whole "20-hours" quote. How will they squeeze 20 hours out of this game? I already know there is no weird level progression mechanic - act 1 is followed by act 2 and so forth. So what's the deal that'll make this game last 20 hours?

The Robotnik from this game and Sonic Unleashed is awesome. One of the best incarnations of Robotnik to date. He can still be menacing and scary, like in the intro to Sonic Unleashed when he has Sonic in his robot's hands, and yet he can also be extremely goofy and funny.

I like that.

15. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Another Eggman Quote!
    "Attention - the anti-gravity toilets on this level are out of order. We are sorry for this inconvenience, and hope that you can hold it for the next 20,000 light years."

And another preview. This one is in French. It mentions there are at least 7 levels, and they know the first stage, Tropical Resort, has 7 acts, but some are short and can be completed in 30 seconds.:
    http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000087561/

16. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

you know, Robotnik's quotes remind me of something I was thinking about the other day. I was reading a discussion, I think from this very thread, where people were talking about the voice clips used when you'd boost in Sonic Unleashed, and someone said they got annoyed that the Wii version only had one clip (the "UUUUUUUUUUUURGH!" one).

And I started thinking, why don't sonic games employ voice acting elements similar to the way that games like Kain & Lynch do it? As in, the voice acting is scripted to the level. Sonic's levels are pretty straight forward, even the parts with multiple paths, so why not? It'd alleviate the repetitiveness (because, honestly, "FEELIN GOOD!" lost it's charm the 90th time in Unleashed) and it'd let them provide some really clever moments where we'd get to know Sonic's cocky personality.

In any case, Robotnik's lines in this game remind me of the Joker from Batman: AA. And that's high compliment coming from me.

17. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    I hope the quotes will be in English even in the French version of the game.
    Released the 12th of November here, with Sonic 4 in October (I hope), my wii console will get a second youth.

18. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

I assume you speak french? Would you mind translating that article on the last page for us? It'd certainly help your case once your trial member status is over :D

19. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    What ? Am I in danger or something ? :p

Okay, here is what it says (excuse me if there are some errors in the translation) :

After Robotnik surprisingly realizes that he has done bad things, he wants to be forgiven and builds an orbital amusement park, linked with the Earth by a space elevator. Sonic and Tails find this very suspicious and decide to investigate the place. It's obvious that they're not surprised when they find out that this is a new evil plan from the mad doctor who wants to use the powers of mysterious alien creatures (the Wisps of course). The player controls Sonic who must set them free, as they are retained in capsules, what reminds of Sonic The Hedgehog. The game particularities are that the 2D and 3D gameplay alternate in the levels with smooth transitions that do not decrease the rythm of the game nor ruin the colored graphics. About the gameplay, Sonic can add new powers to his usual moves, that have a direct impact on the level design.

For exemple : laser, drill and transforming rings into blocks to find new paths (didn't heard of this one before). The rest is using the usual elements of the series : rails and pure speed sections. You can play the game with the wiimote alone by holding it horizontally, or you can connect the nunchuk if you want. There also is a two players mode in which all the levels are in 2D view.

To conclude, the game should have 7 worlds that are composed of numerous acts (7 for Tropical Resort) but some of them are very short, less than 30 seconds to beat, that's what Dusk Golem said. To force the player to play more, there are hidden emblems (again) that might unlock some bonus. To see that by yourself, you'll have to wait until the 12th of November etc.

Speaking of bonus, I haven't heard anything about the emeralds and Super Sonic in this game.

20. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

naw you're not in danger, but I've always seen Tweaker say that if you've contributed something to the forum, it makes the process of becoming a full member much smoother.

Much appreciate the translation, by the by!