don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    So unless that post was joking, making a game for it seems to not be very do-able, huh? Well it is possible I guess, but having to make a new cart and CD every time you want to test...
    Actually it probably is a joke :P

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Disregard that.
    Apparently Fusion now supports 32X-CD, that's news to me, but I double checked on Kega's homepage and apparently it's true.

3. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Am I the only one not really impressed by the way this looks? The Sonic sprite looks great, sure, but the level art looks flat, the clouds look weird and the sun's glare just looks like some circles in mspaint. </harsh> The only thing I'd be impressed with in this case is if it truly is running on the 32XCD.

4. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    I thought it was a troll

5. Impish

Impish

I think that it looks like an good fangame rather than a good hack. It kind of reminds me of MKfusion. Also thanx for the quote Neo.

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I'm not a very good background artist. :specialed:

It's all rushly ported from the Genesis build. I haven't had the time to take full advantage of the massive color palette yet.

7. You could always get StephenUK to help you with this or something, considering his foreground art is almost identical to the original Splash Hill Zone.

8. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Fair enough. I look forward to the fruits of your labours!

9. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    The only thing I've taken advantage of is all the extra space for animation for just about everything.

[​IMG]

Heavy work in progress.

10. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    This project certainly is interesting.

However, although the art is being revamped I wasn't impressed with the booster and animal artwork, they looked like they were from Advance or Pocket Adventure or something.

In any case, it's good to see that a 32XCD project is in the works, it just needs some tweaks according to the screenshots and it'll look better.

11. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Again, a majority of the assets were ported from a Genesis build where I worried about color and tile size. The flickies won't be as flat later on.

As for the speed boost, too bad.

12. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Two new screenshots from my Sonic: Ring Rush hack:

[​IMG]

First screenshot, is a small outline of my new level. Called "Midnight Dash" and will be set in a Jungle themed location, it's replacing Spring Yard Zone, Mainly working on the stars, they have a rotating palette which gives off a really nice effect, the stars break up and get less and less as Sonic moves to the bottom effect so don't worry about it looking a bit too busy, it's just because Sonic is as high as he can go, really. Every other bit of level art won't be staying, they're just "place holders" to give the level a slightly better outline at the moment.

[​IMG]

This is the second screenshot I want to show off, it's hidden away in the next release of this hack but I just need to show it off since I'm puzzled to what I should turn Star Light Zone (NULL ZONE) into every other level has a nice simple theme, such as:

Lush Lake = Typical Island Level
    Rock Ruin = Underwater Level
    Castle Level = Ruins Level
    Midnight Dash = Jungle Level
    Spaceship = Exactly what it says on the tin.

So any ideas?

13. The slanted one is particularly ugly, probably because it's skewed instead of rotated.

14. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    This is exactly why I didn't bother making a video.

15. Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. I'm looking forward to what will come out of this project.

16. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Yesterday I was mashing around with the deformation of the title screen in Sonic 1. For testing purposes I had to create this chunk:
    [​IMG]

And well, I succeeded with the deformation. Not really how it was intended to be, but it also works:
    [​IMG]
    (^ 30 seconds job in Paint.NET)
    Now the only question, what should I put in there? Ignore the blocks, they are just placeholders.

17. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    Disable the RF/CSVB ('Fast Blur' in Gens) filter. Certainly ME is using a LCD monitor, that blur more the pic than in a desktop monitor.
    Well... This is a pretty nice mix on your work. I remember that I used the Azure Lake mountains in my hack, but not so awesome like this I'm viewing on this picture.

18. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    He's probably trying to edit it.

19. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    [​IMG]
    Custom Sound Test menu.