don't click here

Sonic and the Black Knight

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    What, and SatSR's controls don't make sense?

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    No, they don't. They're fucking shit.

3. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Oh sh-- I think I might go into another Sonic Shuffle stlye coma. Why do they do this to us?!

4. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Although I'm not that comfortable with the idea of Sonic using a sword, I'm not going to judge the game until I either get the chance to play it, or after seeing some video footage.

5. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie
    Turns out that the tutorials are the shit of the controls rather than the controls themselves.

For example, the tutorial tells you to homing attack by moving the Wii remote forward, when in reality, to do so, you have to move it up/down. I can't remember which it was because it's been so long since I've played.

6. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Actually, the most reliable way to do it is with a twisting motion over the Z axis (assuming X goes towards you, Y is up and down, and Z is left and right)

Yeah, it was garbage.

7. DTX

DTX

A fellow w/a name fit for nary a man save himself Member
    Actually, I might actually enjoy a game like this. True, it does not look it will be a traditional Sonic in most respects. But sometimes you need to learn to detach yourself from steadfast view on what a sonic game "needs" to be. Don't think of it as a Sonic game that's really out of whack, think of it as a really different sort of game that has an overlying Sonic theme (or something to that extent.) I mean I liked Shadow the Hedgehog (though I know a good deal many people didn't,) and I actually thought it was pretty good as its own game, not as a Sonic game that was really weird and had a really different gameplay gimmick. It was supposed to be different. It is, after all, a Shadow game, not a Sonic game; hence the title "Shadow the Hedgehog" and not something like "Sonic: Shadow Strikes Back with a Vengeance!" or "Sonic Adventure 3: Rise of Shadow the Hedgehog." I didn't enjoy it as a Sonic game, I enjoyed it as a Shadow game. In like manner, when this game comes out, I won't make (much) fun of it but instead enjoy for the game that it is while it just happens to be somewhat of a Sonic game as well.

<!--quoteo(post=210349:date=Jul 24 2008, 03:46 AM:name=Lobotomy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lobotomy @ Jul 24 2008, 03:46 AM) [​IMG][/quote]

Lol!

8. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Lol ^^ Good to see people appreciating FB20XL.

Well, I could see this game ending up something similar to Sonic Battle, except, with a sword, and isn't a handheld game, that mildly sucks.

9. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Quoted for truth.

10. Zweih

Zweih

Open the glove box Member
    Calyce Creations
    What could possibly be next? Sonic: The Frozen Throne?

That'd be radical

11. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    24 pages. 24 freaking pages and FINALLY someone mentions me. It's all I could do to tote around Sonics with swords since day one here. I mean, seriously, it should have crossed some of your minds to realize I totally was calling this.

More seriously, I like the concept. I know many think it's an abomination, but I think it's about time... not surprising, for some of you who know me. Either way, I'm looking forward to it, even though I never played SatSR and seeing that this system is based on it. Although, when reading some of the articles, it said the team was keenly aware of past failures. Seems crazy to most of you because they threw in a sword, but meh.

I like it. Can't wait to see more on it, although Unleashed is top priority.

12. MayoSunstar

MayoSunstar

IMAGINATION Member
    Swords, guns, foul language... they think the more "mature" a Sonic game is the more cooler it is. Next think you'll know you have a gangster Sonic chopping off heads and calling Tails a faggot while gambling with Knuckles(completely imaginative). I think Sonic Adventure 1-2 was much of a change enough(Sonic's legs got longer, Amy cut her hair, Robotnik was "Eggman's grandfather"). But Sonic with a sword? That defeats the whole purpose of the quills on his back. If they wanted Sonic to be "cool", they should look into the old school Sonic games, what wowed everyone back then and adding to it, not having stupid card game spin-offs and adding other unimportant hedgehogs. :(

If they released Sonic-Retro's Sonic 2 HD, that would be something to play. But Sonic with a sword? That's "redonkulous". :argh:

[​IMG]
    Sniff... the little blue hedgehog I knew as a child has grown up so fast... :( (dramatically speaking.)

13. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    In my opinion this isn't a big enough change.

14. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Huh. I thought shaking the remote and tilting it was something commonly done on Wii. Weird, are you sure you are a gamer?

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I don't think mature is the theme this time. It's a kids game, like Sonic and the Secret Rings. Sonic travels through different story books covering different legends at different times. Just turns out that he needs a sword.

This game and Shadow are on the same level for doing something strange but besides that the games are not similar. We won't be seeing Sonic running around saying "YOU'RE GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL!" while shooting people. It's just a sword.

16. Silver Dreams

Silver Dreams

lol, Forum Drama Member
    Very true, DS. This game is anything but mature, apparently. I guess they saw the whole 'mature' factor fell through with Shadow, because this, Rush Adventure and Secret Rings make it obvious that they're hitting on the younger age group now. In a way I'm glad, because the whole mature factor didn't fit in with the whole franchise, but now they're taking it too far to the other extremity and making it too childish. Those corny lines in Heroes are as childish as it freaking gets.

17. Vangar

Vangar

Last time I checked wii games also use the nunchuck for things like walking. If I didn't take the game back I would have made a youtube video on how my pillow beat the first level with a little help like twice.

They are trying to appeal to a wider market then Sonic as a character can handle.

18. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Shaking and tilting is one thing. Making a character being unable to TURN AROUND WHEN HE'S UP AGAINST A WALL AND ENEMIES ARE BEHIND HIM is quite another, as is bosses you have to MASTURBATE TO DEATH THE REMOTE WITH.

Secret Rings has a fucking abominal control set and anyone who says otherwise is deluding themselves. They let down BADLY what is otherwise an interesting game.

19. MayoSunstar

MayoSunstar

IMAGINATION Member
  20. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Everybody knows that Sonic doesn't use swords, he uses end sign panels instead. Anybody has the link to the topic of the wallpaper with Sonic and Eggman in Palmtree Panic fighting with their end signs? =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.