don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Or, y'know, classic Sonic level tropes. :v:

Oh well. Another round of Sonic games I won't own, another batch of soundtracks I will. Hopefully.

2. Here's to hoping it's 3D.

3. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    So, judging by the planet, it looks like we've got a beach zone, a jungle/forest zone, a desert zone, an ice zone, a volcano zone, and what looks like a canyon zone confirmed. There may even be more to it, like a Sky Chase level or an underwater zone.

4. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    I was talking more about how the tropes are identical to literally every single NSMB title :v:

5. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I really hope the 3DS version is decent.

....Unlike most other Sonic DS games.

6. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    A whole new woooooorld~

I look forward to this game. I've remained on Nintendo consoles exclusively, since they have games I want that I can't simply get on Steam, so my WiiU is ready.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    A reminder, once again, that bitching about the partnership/exclusivity deal is to go over here: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=31398

This topic is for the game, not the distribution of it.

8. Nova

Nova

Hoping for another Unleashed/Colours/Generations-style game. Seriously, so much is left to do with that gameplay template that moving away from it would seem like a giant waste. That is, unless they can somehow do something better. In-game videos/screenshots soon, mayhaps?

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a Wii U after all. As if Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD and Kerfuffle weren't enough, now this comes along. 2013 is proving to be a massive strain on my wallet.

9. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Sonic CD part 2!

[​IMG]

I was not planning to get a Wii U. Crap there goes another 400 bucks or whatever the hell it costs.

10. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    They can pull a Kingdom Hearts and continue from Sonic 4 Episode 2's cliffhanger, despite that game not being on a Nintendo platform and this game being exclusive (just like KH likes to divide its important story-explaining games among as many consoles as possible). But more likely, they'll pretend Sonic 4 never happened and do something entirely new.

I hope that weird hexagon planet thing in the screenshot is just a story thing, and doesn't end up being related to a gameplay gimmick. The current 3D formula has been working very well for them, and I'd hate to see them throw it away in the name of experimentation.

11. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    It will be sonic xtreme with Hex blocks instead of cubes. :P You got to run around them to move them into place.

12. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    I'm really interested in how the game is presented. It seems the game has aesthetics of its own, even though it may not be so original. It something Colors tried to do, but didn't quite fulfill for a number of reasons.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Or every platformer ever. =P

14. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I'm gonna wait to say anything until "prior to E3", when we're supposedly getting more information. In the meantime, I'm perfectly happy playing Sonic 1 on my iPhone.

15. Felik

Felik

Is it me or there's a certain echibna on that plain alongside with Sonic and Tails?

16. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    You have to wonder how many floating objects can just be in Sonic's Earth's sky before you have air traffic ramming into some random uncharted levitating planet.

17. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    It would be nice to have Knuckles playable without the bullshit treasure hunts.

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Since the Admin and Mods are here, I'm guessing no talk of that leak that just happened right?

19. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Didn't Iizuka mentioned some time ago he wants to take Sonic in a new direction, I wonder if this game is it.

20. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    How many of you sang the Jurassic Park theme upon reading the title?

Well, I'm not really excited right now, seeing as how we have no information on the game, but it's another Wii U game I'll get at some point.