don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Iizuka just had to put evil aliens into a Sonic game again! :v:

Anyway, they could be alright. I have wanted new enemies in a new Sonic game for a while now, and I don't mind them branching out into cartoony monster aliens. Also nice to hear that we won't have to wait long to see the game.

2. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff

Ooooh I fucking hope not.

They are the spawn of the worlds most evil marketing genius. They're so expensive and so badly made but it must be near impossible to ignore the whining of your bratty children as they beg for more of them so they can be better than their friends at school.

There's now way in hell I'm buying 100 physical items to go with a Sonic game.

3. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    A Skylanders route would actually suit Sonic nicely. We'd all fucking hate it though. You can have your Sonic only game, but diehards can purchase other characters to scan in or whatever Skylanders does. So long as their the legacy characters. These guys look like they govern portions of the world and are probably the bosses. They'll probably turn to Sonic's side though, but they are entirely un-Sonic like. People were complaining about Archie characters, but this is even further than that. Maybe they are dragons or dinosaurs or something. I'm going to refrain from shitting a brick until its confirmed what exactly is going on in like 6 days.

4. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

I'm gonna bet the one on the far left will get rule 34'ed before we even know what that character fully looks like.

5. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Happened with Shade, so...

6. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Well, I'd be concerned if it wasn't the guys who wrote Colors and made Wisps, aliens in the form of dildos that grant you super powers look like (and actually play like) a cool idea for a Sonic game.

The cartoony aspect of the "creatures" is something great that impplies that Sonic Team is finally giving up on realism, which is great and a step foward to Sonic going back to its roots in my opinion, with geometric pattern cliffs and stripped grass. And for some reason, cartoony enemies don't look bad. At least not "Iblis bad".

Let us just hope that, if they are infact enemies, they are not "pet-monsters".

7. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Lost World has what looks to be 6 different areas, I bet that each character goes with one. Ice, fire, forest, desert, water and not sure what the last one would be. ( perhaps air)

8. MainJp

MainJp

Tx
    Those are interesting designs to say the least.

9. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    They definitely remind me of Skylanders... which means they're probably going to be Sonic's new friends as opposed to villains. Well I'm indifferent now but if they're going to do something similar to Skylanders it might just work out... However I'm getting a Sonic Colors vibe all over again. Sonic has too many friends but these characters are probably going to only appear in this game (or perhaps the next few Nintendo exclusive games too).

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]

HOLY FUCKING SHIT HE'S BACK!!!

If only :v:

11. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Professor Pickle... I never thought I'd see the day. Welp, that settles it. Sonic finally has a consistent continuity for the Modern era.

EDIT: Wait, where's this from? Facebook and Twitter have nothing.

EDIT II: You added that spoiler in just now. Curse you.

12. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Part of me wants to believe that this is because of that Rooftop Run hack.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xweLnNHDqbQ

IT'S TIME.

14. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Read his spoiler. It's fake.

15. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Hey, I'd support getting rid of human characters in Sonic games (sans Eggman) and focusing on an overall more cartoony atmosphere. Stylistically, Sonic never really looked good next to humans; his, erm, relationship in '06 was proof of that.

Also, not only are these new characters going to be non-human, but they're also non-hedgehog. :D

16. Barry the Nomad

Barry the Nomad

Site Staff
    Chicago
    SEGAbits
    SEGA sent it to me to share.

SEGAbits got Pickle, Retro got Fang, Stadium got Ray, TSSZ got Froggy

17. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Actually, I'm A-OK with humans in Sonic. Just make them like Unleashed, and not like 2K6. Y'know, cartoony, instead of attempting to be realistic.

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Shush you.

19. Barry the Nomad

Barry the Nomad

Site Staff
    Chicago
    SEGAbits
    I was getting tired of "Descriptive Name the Animal", I think we have enough of those. But I'm all for new characters like Pickle, Wisps and these things.

Wonder if it's a Sonic & Knuckles scenario, where Eggman fooled them and they fight Sonic until the final stage.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood