don't click here

Chris Senn Presents.... (56k warning) 06/02

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by hxc, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    That is DAMN cool.

2. Shade

Shade

That storyboard kicks friggin ass all over the place. Senn is a damned saint for giving us all of this! What are the chances, really? Think about how lucky the scene is.

I either didnt know or had forgotten the Death Egg was involved in the story, and to my knowledge that's the first we've seen of Tiara's father.

Great stuff!

3. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    When I saw "xbox" in the boxart directory my heart skipped a beat in fear. Fortunately, my fears were relieved and made up for in the concept for the boxart. Someone should have used that!

That's amazing.

4. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    All I have to do is say damn wow awesome...

You think you have enough stuff to make even a demo fangame (of Red Sands or Crystal Frost) with yet, or...?

5. I'm happy to see that the team had kept the new character's animals. Humans have no place in the series outside of Robotnik, his family and if he ever appears in an actual game, Snively.

But interesting stuff. The music isn't jaw dropping, but it's a lot better considering what Sega of America put the US through when they rewrote Sonic CD's soundtrack.

And that isometric concept art just screams Sonic RPG to me.

I'm surprised we haven't got any Jade Gully tunes yet, seeing as it was the most featured zone in magazine previews. But great find(s), and hope Senn has even more light to shed on the matter of Sonic Xtreme.

6. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Best update ever. You am the winner of S2B sir.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Here's a pic for the PC version's instructions doc.

Attached Files:

8. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    The more I see, the more I am sad that it was never finished/released.

;_;

9. Blazer

Blazer

10. Blazer

Blazer

11. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Please don't hotlink from Chris's Server. Anyway, updating..

edit: ARRG, I am gonna have to hotlink, my FTP is down! It will be fixed asap.

12. Shade

Shade

Knuckles a playable character? Wow...I didn't even know he was in this.

This stuff just keeps getting better and better. Cant wait to see what comes next.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: We really should be thanking Chris Senn for this. He is being extremely generous, and we really are lucky that a head honcho of a cancelled Sonic game is serving everything he's made for it up on a silver platter. What are the chances? Think about how lucky we are.

13. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    And the more sad I am that we didn't get that prototype :P

14. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    I seriously doubt that even a single bit of any of the stuff Chris has shown us was in that proto.

15. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Most of the stuff he's shown is is concept art. The demo was from late in development, after they'd switched to the NiGHTS-style engine for the entire game.

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    That prototype was boring. I for one consider the stuff Chris has given us worth more than that demo.

17. Knuckles being in this is interesting... Do you think that the Master Emerald would have been intergrated into the storyline like most of the newer games usually do?

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Since it hasn't been mentioned by Chris, I doubt it.

19. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    This game would have been so fun. And finally something that isn't used over and over by the series - The Master Emerald.

20. Shade

Shade

I myself wouldn't assume this game would have been "so much fun" or "awesome". Admit it guys, half of why you say this is the euphoria of getting all this info, and that fact that it is/was so mysterious.

To be honest, the gameplay doesn't look all that incredible, even for its time. I think we would have chucked it up on the heap with Sonic 3D Blast had it been released. It really just does not look all that great.

Of course, this is all just opinion, and I think getting all of this stuff is beyond awesome, no matter how the game would have turned out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.