don't click here

Chris Senn Presents.... (56k warning) 06/02

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by hxc, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robjoe

Robjoe

Pfft... pineapples. There any significance behind that picture, or did he draw it for fun?

2. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Pineapples? Boobowski or not, Tiara fails.

Any of this have to do with the game, or is it just a random illustration?

3. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Hmm, second demo seems to have a bit more speed and 'Sonic-esque' level-design than the initial one. Can see that the concept was being developed further between the two. Very interesting!

Also... Pineapples? o_o

4. Shade

Shade

Stop whining. Senn, an ex-employee and big wig from the game, is practically serving stuff from a cancelled game we almost never hoped to see anything about again, and all you can say is "Why pineapples?"? Why the hell not pineapples? He can give us whatever the hell he wants, and we should be damned greatful he is generous enough to give us this, which, may I remind you, is some cool shit. I think the man should be allowed to have a little fun if he wants. Hes just trying to make us happy (or shut up the hell up).

Besides, I have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg, and you couldnt ask for a more kickass start for 2006 here at S2B. Just felt like throwing that all in.

Anyway, great stuff HXC. You'll go down in scene history, or you deserve to. At any rate, kudos.

Tiara catcus pics plz lolol

5. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Hey, I for one wasn't bitching. =P Just confused at the choice of Pineapples of all things, though I'm sure there was a reason.

If you've read any of my comments so far in this thread or its' CulT equivalent, you'll see that I'm mighty impressed with what's been released right now - it is indeed, as you say, "some cool shit". ^_^

Particularly interesting to myself are the GIF "Demo Videos", as these seem to show direct progressions of the gameplay ideas starting from some of the earliest ideas the team had. The concept drawings are all very interesting aswell - I'm still trying to picture quite how Tiara developed from this seemingly "finalised" 1995 design, with multiple sketches and a colour scheme and everything, to the 1996 design seen in the Red Shoe Diaries, which frankly looks a bit less Sonic-styled than these earlier ones.

Plus, the release of all the Red Sands music is a kickass achievement in itself. I agree that more congratulations are in order, and there's no way that HXC won't go down in scene history, as soon as this becomes old enough to become 'scene history' as opposed to 'current developments'.

As it stands, I await further developments with anticipation and interest. ^^ Peace out.

6. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Hey, I wasn't complaining - I mean, Senn has single-handedly given us what I believe to be the best (and most, IMO) information concerning Sonic Xtreme. It's just that, well... pineapples? Odd choice, and if Tiara HAS something to do with them, it's probably odd character.

Of course, HXC will now have to be worshiped every Monday at 10:23 PM GMT. With no exceptions.

Oh, and HXC, I'm ready to clip those nails whenever you are.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Pineapples because he asked some guy about his favorite fruit, he replied "pinapples" and this pic was made...

Just that, really. =P

He said he will try to release all of the game's music. He still has the minidisc with the original recordings and all.

By the way, nobody seems to have mentioned Chris Senn is making a big article where he's planning to put everything he can document about the game, called Sonic Xtreme Compendium (or SXC).

8. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Did I not? oh...I thought I did, haha.

9. Shade

Shade

If this isn't a sign of the second coming of the Golden Age of the scene, then I'm Yuji Naka.

Senn, you are a wonderful man and we love you (you too HXC).

HXC, make sure that somewhere down the road, you give him our most profound thanks, and let him know we are incredibly appreciative and greatful that he is doing this for the scene.

10. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    As I said, this isn't just me, its from all the emails he got from people!, its all in a public forum, its just we don't want idiots. (Well, I don't)

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Yep, the public forum where all this stuff is actually being released with direct feedback from many of us is not that hard to find, actually.

12. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Indeed. The only thing I have is Mike Wallis, but nothing is being revealed yet.

13. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    You know, on one hand I'm thrilled that we have more secrets to gawk at, but at the same time, I am begining to doubt this game would have been much fun anyway. There were some really great and cool ideas for it, but the level designs we have seen so far are mediocre at best. It reminds me of one of those $10 generic games you can buy at Office Depot on the discount rack. Were there ever any better level designs?

14. Shade

Shade

Exactly what I've been thinking. It garners all its attention from its mysteriousness, when it really doesn't look all that grand gameplay wise. It almost looks like Sonic 3D Blast on steroids, and I have a feeling that had it been released, the Sonic Fan communtiy as a whole would have critiqued it as such.

Not that I am complaining, this is aweosme stuff that I am beyond glad that we are getting our hands on.

EDIT: Btw, I am refering to the actual gameplay with the checkerboard like zones, not the 3D proof of concept area gameplay. Just in case someone thought I didnt know what the hell I was going off about.

15. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Indeed. :P

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    You know that "demo" things were just that. Demos. (as in, not the actual game)The real level were much more interesting.

17. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Indeed, I found it within about a minute of reading that it was a public forum that isn't hard to find. =P It's so ridiculously obvious it's almost funny.

18. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    A certain amount of 'Mips' (Captured from killing enemies) are required to open gates - Sonic 3D anyone?

19. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Heh.

I'd love to see Sonic 3D Blast in true 3D. That was one of my favorite Sonic games.

20. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Haha, I found out about it about a week ago. :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.