don't click here

An official name for Sonic 2's desert

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Wetflame

Wetflame

:D Banned
    ?ctually, I'm arguing against Mystic Caves being Dust Hill Zone more than anything, based on the lack of sense. Maybe the snow level was Dust Hill Zone("Dust" is a term snowboarders use for snow), and the sand level Desert Zone? Heck, almost anything could have been Dust Hill Zone that was overwritten at the last minute and would have made more sense.
    I still think it's an act 1 Act 2, though.

I think it's like when they combined the Construction zone with the other one to make "Sparkling Zone", they probably combinws he ideas for the Desert Zone and Snow Zone just before Brenda started the art.

2. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Although I generally don't like getting involved with arguements, I do see wetflames point in this... your hoarding and games do get a bit tiresome ICEKnight. And I don't like seeing one person alone in saying this either. I mean, how long would it take to say where you got the image from, I mean, I wouldn't mind if this was a one off, but it's everytime.
    *waits for pain*

3. Wetflame

Wetflame

This looks bad for your logic :/

Actually, even the MCZ artists might not get it right. THey could have been "influenced" by seeing Dust Hill Zone in the level select just as Brenda was with people calling her level DHZ.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    As I said at sclassic...

5. Wetflame

Wetflame

You can save who it comes from, and just release censored interviews. Or just release any additional information. That's not a good excuse... You've already release one piece of info. I mean, what if you NEVER heard back?

EDIT: Everyone, I'm sorry for being so harsh on this, I just detest when people post something like this without immediately backing it up. That, and this is a subject that annoys me regardless.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hey, why did this thread start feeling like a fight all of a sudden?

I got neat info, I give you all a preview to keep you happy till the next update, you guys even get more info than supposed from that preview and, meanwhile, I prepare the update and see if I can add something more.

Good? Good!

7. Wetflame

Wetflame

Because, Iceknight, if a turd posted that, they'd be shunned badly. When you do it, it feels kind of lke you're abusing your status, especially since even if it's legit it doesn't prove anything.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    No more previews then?

9. Wetflame

Wetflame

Just wait until you have everything in one piece before you realease info :/ It doesn't bother people if they're waiting when they don't know they're waiting for it. Sorry, I didn't mean to lash out at you so much, but it reminds me too much of the "I HAVE A BETA" people. That combined with other stuff makes it not sit well.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Does anybody else agree with that? No more previews?

11. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    or you could just tell us now and cut the bundle shit.

12. Kles

Kles

I absolutely hate these desert threads. It is absolutely impossible to have a civil discussion for this more then a week without it breaking down in a mess.

Let's handle this like the US government: Make something and say it goes. It'll piss people off but that's what we risk.

EDIT: Okay, I'll abstain from saying anything more until I see Knight's alleged proof. No more previews, they just stir shit.

This better settle something or I'm going to lose it.

13. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Yes ICEKnight, no more previews, just do a good update. I really hope this evidence you have holds up to my expectations.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oh, believe me it will. I'd really like to update already, as I've just finished with organizing the stuff I have into an informative page.

In fact, I was thinking of updating it in a couple of days if I don't get an answer before...

15. Wetflame

Wetflame

Thank you ;) Looking forward to it, then.

But please, in future, release it all at once.

16. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    ICEknight, be sure to add any possible information about who worked with each level, art, etc...

The more we know about the development process, the more we will know how things worked and best of all: who made the greatest work on Sonic 2!

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Ehh... I didn't get any recent news on who did what (yet), sorry! I just got this new stuff that solves some old mysteries and at the same time brings up new things.

This update will be kinda relevant, but it won't be by any means the "definitive update to end all Sonic 2 updates"...

18. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Be sure to include as much as possible about the developer's work. Don't cut anything

19. Things get so funny when anxiety fills the air.
    Besides that, we also have Rika's search for Nick Arcade's beta.

OMFG everyone. We'd better have some tea so we can calm down.

20. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    TEA AND BISCUITS FOR ALL!

I can see Wetflames point of view, I can see where she is coming from, Previews are good IF they are backed up, Ice. I have tried to stay away from the Dust Hill/Desert Zone argument and I think everyone has just got a little uptight because its constant bickering and arguing.

Heh, I hope whatever info you have will be beneficial enough to at least quieten the argument.