don't click here

Wave, Storm, Blaze, wtf?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Artis Oracle, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Mirage

Dark Mirage

BC
    I wish they would get rid of the Egg Pawns. They are the moost boring and unoriginal enemies ever. In the console games they're ugly orange and yellow and look the same, except for a few varied styles of attack sometimes. What happened to the various robots with spikes and steel and wheels? Even Sonic Rush took the handheld enemies and changed them into Egg Pawns (At least the game gave them plenty of designs though). Maybe Sonic Team is spending so much time making new characters they don't have time to design interesting enemies? So they make us suffer bosss like Robot Storm? Or give robotnik giant uninspired robot machines that are all orange and blue and feel like pre-school vilian material?

Screw new characters. I want new badguys

2. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

They're basically updated Eggrobos though. But yeah, I prefer the Animal based enemies.

3. Shade

Shade

Badniks these days are a joke. They are either generic mechs or eggpawns. What happened to variety Sonic Team? Every single zone used to have different enemies. Now they just slap a pair of rabbit ears or a shield onto an eggpawn and call it a day.

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there classic style badniks in Sonic Advance 1, 2, and 3?

Also, there are at least two that I can think of in Rush, and there is a couple in Adventure 2 as well.

5. Shade

Shade

Indeed, which is one of the reasons I actually enjoyed the Advance series, and thought they felt Sonic-y.

Anyway, while Rush was great, the enemies were still lacking. They were repeated pretty much every level, and really had no unique attacks. And Sonic Adventure 2's enemies were no better. There must have been 3 actual different types of enemies (I'm not talking about the "Sub-types". They don't count).

Regardless of how you look at it, it is a documented fact: The modern day badniks have, for the most part, lost variety and individuality/personality. Honestly, think: There are more types of enemies within the first two zones of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 than there are in the entire games of Sonic Heroes, Adventure 2, or Rush.

6. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    Well, then from the view of enemy variety, then Shadow the Hedgehog should be up there somewhere, even if just a bit higher than Heroes.

What I think the problems most people have with Shadow the Hedgehog is:
    1. Fanboy community.
    2. It's dark compared to the other games which are more bright.
    3. It could do with better graphics in some areas.

And of course the complaints of angst used in the game. Well, you can't have it all bright and colorful for Shadow, since he's suppose to be like the Anti-Sonic so to speak... well actually it is bright and colorful, what with certain stages but overall it's dark.

But anyway, back to enemy variety: you had mechs, GUN soldiers, Black Arms (many different kinds), and yes, even those damn Egg Pawns.

7. Dark Mirage

Dark Mirage

BC
    Meh, the enemies in "Shadow" were worse for their own reasons (apart from the fact all the normal Black Arms looked like recolored Chaos models). Namely the fact that when you were acting towards one particular side it would attack you anyways, and in some instances you were forced to kill the exact side you choose to play as so you could unlock a spring or open a door. What always pissed me off was when Black Doom would say something like "there are our soldiers... leave them be!". Meanwhile they were trying their best to shoot me so I opted to kill them out of spite. What did I care anyways. It's not like when I play the Dark path it changes anything if I kill the Dark badguys. I just had to listen to Black Doom bitch about it, which was more funny than anything else.

Shadow's enemies had no character or importance, which is almost worse than being boring and uninspired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.