don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Miles Wolf

Miles Wolf

From Spain with love... And rings. Member
    www.sonicreikai.com
    Nope. :/ The post on Sonic Channel that talks about this doesn't specify it.

2. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    Yeah, the Devs of WWF Smackdown on PS1 did that, all the weapons are duplicated for every backstage area, to save on seek times and whatnot, all inside their own container file.

3. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    [​IMG]

So, bootleg stuff?

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That... doesn't look real.

5. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    no but this one is
    [​IMG]

6. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    Not even slightly, hence bootleg.

7. Miles Wolf

Miles Wolf

www.sonicreikai.com
    Seeing all the Halloween stuff around the web I have remembered about this art SEGA posted a year ago with a "secret" message:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Has Webber already explained this? I can't remember anything about it...

8. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I don't think this deserves its own topic. But I think Hydrocity Zone had a tiling error in the level. Shown below

[​IMG]

If you look, the middle is just duplicated. This could have been intentional, but given how rushed Sonic 3 was, I doubt it. I think it was intended to be the bird from LZ. It would be consistent with other errors such as the misalignment in Super Sonic.

9. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    It's possible, but at the same time, the light source on the sides of the box are correct. If it was a tiling error, then the light sources on the sides would be incorrect.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Now that was unexpected.

It looks to me like they may have come across that shape by accident while fiddling with the bird face graphics in their tile editor, but was later cleaned up and finished when they saw that it actually did look good.

11. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    I was looking for a source on what the best-selling Game Gear titles for the platform, and I came across a page of Sonic records of Guinness World Records 2016 Gamer's Edition, provided by Google Books. It cites Sonic 2 (Game Gear) and Sonic CD as the respective best-selling games for the Game Gear and Sega CD, with 400K for the former and 1.5 million for the latter.

While I've heard Sonic CD was the best-selling game for the Sega CD, I never saw a concrete source for it. Whereas the Sonic 2 GG source is relatively new to me. Planning to add both items to the wiki later on today.

On another note, it also lists Sonic 2 as the best selling Genesis game, with 6.03 million copies. I see the conflicting sources on whether Sonic 2 or Sonic 1 --which has recently gotten a popular source that states that over 15 million copies were sold-- was the best-selling game for the Sega Genesis continues to rage on. (It also lists the first Mario & Sonic Olympics as the overall best-selling Sonic title at 13.06 million copies, which contradicts the aforementioned 15 million copies number for Sonic 1.)

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Last year they began a silent initiative to bring in talented fans and commission them to do official pieces for the social media outlets from then on, I'm pretty sure it's referring to that.

13. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    It is odd. Could have been an error one artist made, then another one looked at it and thought it was legit and fixed up the lighting areas as Sparks suggested. Now that this has been shown, I cannot unsee the error.

EDIT: To add on that, there were two additional black dots added to the second set of 2 tiles of 22X11. So it looks like it was initial a mistake, but corrected later due to them liking the look.

14. Miles Wolf

Miles Wolf

www.sonicreikai.com
    Yup I know, like Rafa Knight. But what relation does it have with the next Sonic game?

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

None whatsoever.

SEGA's strategy has simply been to engage with the fans in ways that they've never done before, and this is a part of that.

16. Miles Wolf

Miles Wolf

www.sonicreikai.com
    Yes, maybe you're right...

- - -

As a spanish, happy to know that Naka will be coming at the end of november to receive the Honorary Award on the Fun & Serioues Game Festival:

http://www.funandseriousgamefestival.com/tim-schafer-asistira-a-la-gala-de-los-premios-fun-serious-game-festival-para-recoger-el-premio-honorifico-2015/

17. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Sega-16 has a Mike Wallis interview that states Sonic 3D Blast for the Genesis sold over 700,000 copies. Considering how the game gets flak for its isometric design, that's actually quite better than considered IMO.

Would this be an ideal sales data source to be added to the Wiki? (Same question also goes for the Guinness World Record sources for the Sonic CD / Sonic 2 GG sales above as well; as I have largely focused on adding sales data directly from Sega's IR libraries.)

I'm also planning to later check out any available IR reports for THQ, to see if they have anything for the Advance titles (which the published in the West / US).

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I imagine it was either a joke, or maybe these commissioned fans are doing art that relates to future games as well so there's a technical relation. Probably nothing major either way.

19. VolgShan

VolgShan

WEASEL FAN Member
    Texas yall
    Personal
    Rafa Knight is awesome! I followed rafa work for a long time. Excited to see all the art for the comics and sega media. It makes me even more happy that Sega is working so close to its fans! |3

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So a thing Gene just mentioned on the official Sonic Extra Life stream: Rouge's original name may have been Shadow.