don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog Continuity Thread of Love and Timelines

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by dredd, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Maria contracting NIDS because of her contact withan emerald would be tragic and interesting.

Imagine Geralt despair, knowing that it's because of his scientific experiments, that Maria was sick.

2. Pengi

Pengi

There's nothing in the games to support any of this theory.

3. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    There is not. It's just an interesting thought I put forward.

We don't know how the Emeralds affect the world around them, barring that they can cause islands to float and Chaos was mutated by them from a regular Chao. That at least indicates their energy affects a good range around them, and they can have a profound effect on creatures, but other than that...

4. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Does that Sonic Jump (2005) game have Japanese dialogue?
    Eggman's base is in South America.

5. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Thanks, that's super interesting. Out of interest, is there a Japanese version of these cut lines? I read through the posts that followed, and it doesn't look like it. But just double-checking.

6. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    Honestly the more I think about it, I feel like if 06 is before Rush that messes a bit with Blaze's character arc. Where before she meet Sonic and Cream she was a bit shy and strict with herself. From working with Sonic to defeat the Eggmen she learned the importance of teamwork. If she and Silver were a duo before that growth I don't know how to feel about that. Especially since in Colors DS we get that moment where Blaze and Silver feel like they've worked together before.

7. Pengi

Pengi

This is also just a theory. It's never been stated that the emeralds caused Chaos' mutation.

8. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

The same could have happened off-screen before 06. Blaze is transported to Silver's future, she was a bit shy and strict with herself, then she works with Silver to fight Iblis a couple of times and she learned the importance of teamwork. When everything is reset at the end of 06, she goes through that process again, but with Sonic.

9. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    It was mentioned on Sonic Channel, as being mutated from Chaos Energy. As the only source of that are the Chaos Emeralds...

10. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

AFAIK Sonic Channel only says that Chaos is a mutant Chao. It doesn't elaborate or give any explanation as to Chaos' mutation.

11. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

The Welcome to the World of Sonic book states that Chaos is "made of pure chaos energy".
    upload_2022-3-16_15-4-42.jpeg

12. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I thought it was the *Master* Emerald that caused the mutation? Admittedly, I can't remember a source for this, but it makes sense, right? Pachamac lusted after the Master Emerald, Tikal was always hanging around it with a bunch of Chao. Maybe I'm just conflating things here, but having Chaos be mutated from a Chao due to the Master Emerald kinda brings that whole thematic tie together in terms of the emerald's relationships with each of these three characters.

13. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    I'll see if I can get the profile directly and have it translated, we'll figure this out.

I don't trust the books. Either that or the Encyclo-Speed-ia.

14. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Wait, so Chaos body is made from Chaos Energy, not water?
    So when You are fighting him in Station Square, all the water surrounding You is actually Chaos body?

15. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I think the DeepL translation is good enough:
    http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/character/chaos.html

Yeah, I think the "Chaos is made of pure Chaos Energy" thing was just some old fanwank that was incorrectly passed off as fact in these books.

16. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    So no direct reference to it, alrighty.

17. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Maybe he is made of pure Chaos Energy just like the chao are, if you establish that Chaos Energy is related to water.
    After all, the Sol Emeralds are related to fire and such.

18. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    That would make sense, but then why does nobody in the cast associated with the Chaos Emeralds other than Chaos (i.e. Sonic, Knuckles, Tikal and Shadow) have any kind of water affinity? Blaze, as guardian of the Sol Emeralds, has fire powers, which are enhanced when she becomes Burning Blaze. Meanwhile, Super forms are are just generic and completely devoid of any suggestion of a particular element. It's a nice thought, but doesn't hold up to much scrutiny.

19. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

It only works with female cats. :ruby:

20. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    I figure Chaos Energy is simply power. Pure, unfiltered power. It can be used to impart kinetic power to something, in effect making it move, render something invulnerable beyond a similar application of power, etc. The Sol Emeralds are the same, but appear as fire since fire is energy in and of itself.