don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Actually a PAST that looks like a Genesis game, a FUTURE that looks like a cross between Adventure/06 and a PRESENT that mediated between the two( like...Unleashed/this game, maybe?) would be pretty bad-ass.

2. Maybe Episode 2 will be a rehash of everything ever deleted from a Sonic game? The badniks will be from Sonic X-treme and the Level Order will go like

Wood Zone
    Dust Hill Zone
    Hidden Palace Zone
    Cyber City Zone

3. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I would actually enjoy that, although they obviously wouldn't use those names for the levels (and let's face it: "Wood Zone" is a pretty dang boring name).

Well, they say they have the episodes planned out, so I guess it's too late for them to do that if they hadn't thought of it already... :(

EDIT: "Wood Zone" and "Hidden Palace Zone" probably wouldn't be used, but I suppose "Dust Hill Zone" and "Cyber City Zone" could be.

4. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator

I'd buy it. That sounds pretty sweet. Bonus points if Cyber City looks like The Machine from Spinball.

5. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Fixed that for you. ;)

The idea does sound pretty sweet, though. I've always hoped they bring back Hidden Palace Zone "properly".

6. Well, they said that if the first 3 sell well enough they would produce more episodes... :D

7. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
  8. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    Ever seen the end boss for Segagaga?

9. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    I should've known it wasn't official because SEGA would never EVER admit that they haven't been able to surpass the classics.

10. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    hahahahahahaha that was awesome

On the subject of the Japanese layout, in my opinion it looks like something that could've been in Sonic 3 & Knuckles - From what that one slice shows, it looks to have a lot of different routes to get to the end of the level. One of the things I always have enjoyed about the Genesis games is how even if the levels require just holding right to win, there are a lot of different pathways to get through the stage. Even more speed-based levels like Chemical Plant have different paths to take.

Sonic Unleashed kinda got there, but Sonic 4 seems to have a lot of different paths. I don't care about speed pads as long as they're not right before/on top of a loop :v:

11. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Or right before and on top of a loop.

+ - ...Although such cases in Unleashed are forgivable due to the fact that if you do happen to fall off a loop, you can fall through the level and glitch into a part of the environment you aren't actually supposed to be able to reach...  

12. MK

MK

Hacker Oldbie
    New England, USA
    Secret :o o:
  13. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
  14. Leonard the Genie

Leonard the Genie

Prices aren't the only thing getting slashed Member
    Oh my god I lol'd. The end must be suicidesonic4.avi.

15. So the main website is down?

16. It'd be cool if they stole the website design from the Japanese site.

17. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    The japanese sight is pretty cool, if only for the background.

18. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I think it's a server fault. The UK website is still up.
    Also, epic win on that "trailer". :)

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Sonic 4 has been cancelled. + - not =P  

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.