don't click here

The Sonic Music Archive (REBOOT)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SeanieB, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Hey, I'm just about done with everything (finally). I made a list of everything I uploaded, but then the PC crashed and I lost it. But pretty much everything in the FLAC folder marked from a couple days ago or just today, that was me. Plus, I reuploaded the NiGHTS PS2 port's ADX files, so that's mine too.

I made a mini list of what we still need in terms of lossless soundtracks, but that's lost too. All I can really say, is that we basically need Sonic Rush, and those two SatBK albums to make it complete. Then we need any remix albums (official/fan made). And finally, we need some compilation soundtracks (Club Saturn and Best of Sonic Team for example). And to top everything off, we need any booklet/liner notes/cover scans to anything we might be missing.

It took me about 3/4 days to upload about 23GB of data. I need some sleep. :psyduck:

2. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    That's misleading. I wasn't talking about Digi-Log Conversion or ADX quality issue. I just said that Songs With Attitude is bundled in Sonic Heroes vocal tracks "Triple Threat", and yes, we have it in FLAC already.

3. SeanieB

SeanieB

Chief Server Monkey Administrator
    San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro

Great, Thanks!

4. SeanieB

SeanieB

San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    Anyone who has any contributions from before, we need more MP3 based uploads, we have FLAC of everything but not everyone wants FLAC, and we still can't start our radio stream up without a good MP3 base going, so please let me know if you have a larger MP3 collection to contribute, because I'd appreciate it!

5. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Unfortunately, SeanieB was working on things when he accidentally screwed the archive. Basically, everything in /media has been lost. To make matters worse, there are no backups to go back to. :(
    So yeah, people will need to reupload stuff again. A backup system is going to be made, with the archive backed up every week in a cron job.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I don't know whether to facepalm or burst out laughing. How many times have we had to reupload material now? =P

7. NickW

NickW

I'd probably say about the 5th time now.

8. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    All your /media/ are belong to me—at this moment until someone else decides to reload his own stuff.

9. SeanieB

SeanieB

San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    I'm gonna copy and paste the thread in the old temp thread here for posterity

This pretty much sums it up...

Well, the backup system works, I just saw it run (it lagged the entire server base for about 20 minutes), so we should never have this happen again.... and if it does I'd probably just kill myself

10. Tongara

Tongara

Fuck YOU! Banned
    Birmingham, UK
    Zorbtech Productions
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I'm sorry for your loss.

11. SeanieB

SeanieB

San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    I just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page here in the project so I'm going to need some feedback:

I'm still missing reuploads from several people, and I'd like to request that anyone who did before could leave a post here telling me if they are going to be doing that or not.

Thanks!

12. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    I'll put up my mobile/Sonic Schoolhouse stuff as soon as possible. I'll also put up as many mp3s as I can.

13. SeanieB

SeanieB

San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    Thanks!

14. jmr

jmr

I'd love to upload what I've got, but I STILL haven't been told where I have to upload it. :P

15. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    Just create your own folder and put up your stuff there, then we'll do the rest.

16. SeanieB

SeanieB

San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    Shoot me a PM if you still need help! :)

17. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    (Reads the new SonMA forum index)

...Oh fine then (points left ironically), sorry to hear that. Cheer up Seanie, and thanks everyone, it's been a great time.

(However a big question mark still remains on the top of my head. Seriously, LOL)

18. jmr

jmr

19. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    (Points to signature)

20. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    It's ended? I'm sad now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.