don't click here

The Sonic Music Archive (REBOOT)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SeanieB, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Okay, and one more thing (I'm on a roll here) - I remember last time you didn't want those two Phantasy Star Online albums I have - you sure you still don't want them? They're kinda composed by the same people who are doing music for Sonic games now. :\

2. SeanieB

SeanieB

Chief Server Monkey Administrator
    San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    Eh, not right now....

3. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    vtej;her;oghierpoui[titrg[ioho

I'm having problems converting the TTA version of the Songs with Attitude album. I don't want to disrupt the uploading, so can someone log on to Tails.Kicks-Ass.net and download/upload it? I made the folders, uploaded the booklet/cover art, etc. I just need the actual album in FLAC. Problem is, I've tried about 100 different programs, and I still can't get it to work. :\

4. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    I'll take it from here. I have it in APE.

But anyway... if you have Triple Threat (Sonic Heroes vocal) in FLAC, which was also probably done by me before (the PF era), we can forget Songs With Attitude already.

5. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher

I kinda like having the multiple releases of these songs because some were either mixed or mastered a little bit differently from the last. Some might be in higher quality because the actual vocal tracks aren't packaged in with any other tracks - so the bitrate might be a little bit higher (from what I've noticed in the past). The booklet has some nice behind the scenes pictures, but again, it pains me that I don't know the language of the moon in order to read the liner notes. The NiGHTS PERFECT COLLECTION album is one of the candidates where I really wish I could read the liner notes, but it's all in Japanese. Augh.

Speaking of covers, even though I might have the soundtrack in lossless, I'm surprised there aren't a lot of scans of any booklet included inside a few of them since a couple of them look like they would be interesting to see. I'm not expecting every single Sonic album to have these liner notes, but it'd be fascinating to note if there are some.

6. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    Indeed in True Blue some tracks like "What I'm Made Of" and "Live & Learn" are remastered. But this is another case. The tracks that appeared in both Songs With Attitude and Triple Threat are the same... there's no difference at all. I believe it was just copypasta work.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Well, I don't know who uploaded the rest of the ADX sets while I was at work, but you've saved me some bandwidth. Kudos, I guess?

I've also put up all the GSF and 2SF rips. Gonna start going though the MP3 albums later.

8. NickW

NickW

Thank you, that was me who did that work.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Oh, I've filled the gaps in the VGM files, too.

10. jmr

jmr

I see no PM. :(

11. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    I need help.

I was uploading one song, and it won't go through:

Code (Text):
    1. Response:    227 Entering Passive Mode (67,212,74,234,170,27).
    2. Command:    STOR 18. Theme of E-102?.flac
    3. Error:    Failed to convert command to 8 bit charset
    Can someone help me upload it to OST/Sonic Adventure/FLAC/1999 Sonic Adventure 'Digi-log Conversation' Original Sound Track/Disc 2/? Here's the link to it.

12. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Don't put the letter gamma in the filename.

13. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher

Heh, thanks. Got it already though. :P

Anyway, I still have 13/20GB of data to go. So I think this is going to take me another day to get everything uploaded. I hope the sheer size of everything I'm uploading isn't putting a strain on the server in any way. :(

14. Insert Coin(s)

Insert Coin(s)

Broletariat Member
    ???
    IT
    I have the entire Sonic CD PC port soundtrack, if that helps.

15. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Question - why are there blank folders up with no content in other than a "FLAC" folder, also empty, for most of the tracks? It's making it hard to see what should be going up and what doesn't =P

16. SeanieB

SeanieB

Chief Server Monkey Administrator
    San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    I guess thats evilhamwizard uploading?

17. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    It is, be patient. I still have 7GB to go. :(

I uploaded covers/booklets other useless crap before I started doing the music, and I created FLAC folders just for the soundtracks I have - so I'm not planning ahead on something I can't deliver (notice how I didn't put up the Songs With Attitude album yet because I have yet to download that and upload it from Tails.Kick-Ass.Net - unless someone still wants to do so for me).

18. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    Ah come on forget Songs With Attitude trust me if you insist it'll be just more copypasta.

19. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Aw, fine. :(

However, I will upload booklet scans. Those are interesting.

20. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    And attitudes like this, drive us collectors nuts.

I say include it for completeness.

- Different version of Open Your Heart then what's found on Digi-Log Conversion and in the game.
    - True CD Quality character themes. The Dreamcast ADX is 32KHz at 4-BIT ADPCM, the CD Redbook Audio version is 44,100 Hz, 16-bit. Who knows the studio masters could easily be 96,000 Hz at 24-bit. So techinically that CD is closer to studio masters then the game is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.