don't click here

The S Factor: Sonia and Silver

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Aquaslash, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
    That's intentional after a certain amount of hits ;)

2. Bareirito

Bareirito

Argentina
    Sonic - Mystery of the Chaos Emeralds

Oh, come on! Are you really serious? Really? =P

By the way. I love this hack, it makes Sonic 1 into a really different game. The single problem was the spike bug and the caterkillers (I hate always hate those and now I hate them even more :argh:), but well the rest is awesome.

The music are an art awesomeness and I don't why everybody think that Ringland 1 has annoying music, it's very creative, a bit confusive but meh...

The bosses are brillant too. Metal Sonia and Metal Knuckles were a pain on the butt to beat. :psyduck:

The special stages too, the fourth one was really damn. =P

Nuff' said, keep up the great work. :)

3. FraGag

FraGag

Tech Member
    Yeah, that's just the skeleton/proof of concept I made to see if I could get an "infinite" boss run. You'll also notice that the capsule always appears right next to where you defeated the boss :) . In my demo, the background was the only thing that I didn't bother to fix, and CSZ's background is broken anyway. We'll see how this boss evolves; apparently I was supposed to work on it...

Also, concerning the caterkiller, I made the level-specific behaviours. I particularly hate their behaviour in Destron City (the one where you get hit 99% of the times). I like the effect, but I don't like how it hurts you. Perhaps making the body parts harmless once you hit the head would help? (though I'm afraid it won't be enough...)

4. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    Worth mentioning: during the 4th Chaos Emerald mission in Emerald Chase, without Sonia's double jump, it's impossible for any other character to complete the mission, due to the passage you have to go through to get to it :|

We are not pleased.

:| :| :|

5. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    You're doing it wrong.

Protip: Try holding A in the lava

6. Destructiox

Destructiox

Masochistic Maniac, Raving Lunatic Member
    East Midlands, England
    Sonic 1 Lunacy.
    :eng101:

7. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    I'm slightly disappointed that several people don't think much of the music. There is one track in particular that I really like and am suprised no one else likes it as much as I do.

Chaotic Street Act 1 (Or Sound Select 84)

I love this track. I dunno why, but the style is different from a Sonia game (Lol) but not enough to feel out of place in my opinion. I love what Aquaslash did to the percussion. A very nice piece of music, in my opinion.

8. Destructiox

Destructiox

East Midlands, England
    Sonic 1 Lunacy.
    being honest, I like the Ring Land music >.> Seriously, I do.

9. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Bouncing on the water surface like in the Game GEar Sonic games right?
    I discovered this move quite randomly and was surprised that there was no mention of it anywhere.

Same here. Anyway, Chaotic Streets is an awesome track and I especially love the remix on the 3rd act

10. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    He said in the lava, not on it. :P

As for the music.. it grows on you. :3 At first there were tracks I didn't particularly like, but they really do grow on you and you expect them.

11. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    I personally prefer the extra-beat on the boss theme, the Sega CD Bios theme and it's Act 2 and 3 mixes as well as Ring Land 1and 2. : D

Awesome development from what I've seen so far.

12. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Link is dead.

13. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    It's working for me.

Though I could use a mirror

14. Destructiox

Destructiox

East Midlands, England
    Sonic 1 Lunacy.
    Posting to confirm it's working for me as well.

15. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I love this hack! Heck for being a beta, I can't wait to see what the final is going to be like. The only thing I didn't care for was most of the songs, I pretty much didn't like the music up until I heard the Sega CD bios music. I especially enjoyed Chaotic Street's BGM (all three acts), and White Blaster Act 2's BGM. Also, the name "White Blaster" doesn't sound good. Perhaps you could come up with a better name? Other than that, I enjoyed it, and I laughed at "Fission Mailed". BTW, I loved the special stage too. I give this hack a 7/10.

16. I love the Ring Land 1&2 music.
    Who ever would have thought of usin' sound effects in a song?!?! No1! Until now!
    That is awesome!

17. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Meh I enjoyed Ring Land's music too, it's just that it got really repetitive. Also I'm curious, what game is Chaotic Street's BGM from? I loves it. <3

18. DDRKhat

DDRKhat

Keep on runnin' to the finish! Member
    I managed to jump through the top and into the bottom of the level on Arid Temple 3 in real-time.
    When doing the 4th Special Stage mission. Once you've collected the Emerald you can die and it still counts as getting the Emerald.
    Although a clever idea I'm not too fond of the Ring sounds in Ring Zone. I get the idea of it but it's a concept that gets annoying fast. If the song wasn't so short then it could be okay, but hearing that spam of rings every couple of seconds gets tiresome.
    I've only really played through with Sonia at the moment (I gave the other 2 a brief play through). Once I complete the game with her I'll go through with the others.
    I must admit however even though you run through the same level it's interesting how each time you run through it can be challenging to meet a new goal.

Also, can I have your permission to TAS the version of this rom that you have released?

19. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    My biggest gripe is the landscape around the goal areas. While it's perfectly fine to shoot for something different, don't forget that some things were designed the way they were for a good reason.

Case in point! End of act 2 of the first zone, I blew past the special stage enterance. In a bit of a panic I try to jump into it, only to find myself on the other side of the loop again.

SFACTOR__2__000.png
    And I am stuck here until I reset. :(

20. DDRKhat

DDRKhat

Keep on runnin' to the finish! Member
    Why panic? Just wait until the sign has almost finished spinning and jump while off-screen, then you can move about freely.