don't click here

Tails Alone in Sonic 2 and the Chaos Emeralds

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by PikachuIntheShower, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0xcappmv1mnmvvn

Tried to keep it as stock as possible.

2. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Neat, thanks.

3. PKstarship

PKstarship

Super-Sonic Racer
    Hi! This is my first post on Sonic Retro, Nice to meet you all! I remember I had a copy of the Genesis collection on PS2, and found out Super Sonic was first in Sonic 2 (I knew of Super Sonic only from Sonic X and the Adventure games). I got all the Chaos Emeralds as Sonic, and then thought Tails had a super form, only to be majorly disappointed. A couple of years later, I got a copy of Sonic Mega Collection, and was stunned that there was a super form for Tails in Sonic 3 and Knuckles. As much as I like Super Sonic, I do think he takes away almost any difficulty the game might have. I still like Tails and occasionally play as him in Sonic 2. But that's just my take on it :)

4. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    I forgot to actually answer the question before. I don't think I ever have, but then again, I don't like Tails all that much. And since Sonic and Tails play identically in Sonic 2, I'm not sure I ever played the entire game as Tails alone.

5. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    I was actually one of the unlucky ones to learn that Tails had no super form with the (non super) emeralds first-hand. Granted, this was Sonic 3, but I did go back and make sure this was true in Sonic 2. I later got all the super emeralds as Tails and was amazed to see his super transformation, the awe of seeing Tails with kamikaze birds, as a kid. Also a true story, the first super form I unlocked was Super Knuckles in Sonic 2, since he had lower ring requirements. Though I have a save file with Super Sonic on Sonic 3, thanks to a friend who was badass as the special stages. Man what I've give to wipe my memory and experience these things fresh again.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oddly enough, Sonic 2 took me 9 years to beat without cheating, and the first time I beat it I was playing as Tails. I don't remember if I got all the Chaos Emeralds or not though...

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I would play as tails sometimes because the last boss has less hits. People always forget this.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I... didn't know this. :O

9. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Probably because it's false.

10. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I'm not at home right now so I can't double check, but I am pretty sure he has 12 hits as Sonic and 10(?) as Tails.

11. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    12 hits independent of character:
    [68k]loc_3D5EA:
    subq.b #1,anim_frame_duration(a0)
    beq.s +
    moveq #SndID_Rumbling,d0
    jsrto (PlaySound).l, JmpTo12_PlaySound
    jsrto (ObjectMove).l, JmpTo26_ObjectMove
    lea (ObjC7_ChildDeltas).l,a1
    bra.w ObjC7_PositionChildren
    ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    +
    addq.b #2,routine_secondary(a0)
    clr.w y_vel(a0)
    move.b #$1F,anim_frame_duration(a0)
    move.b #$16,collision_flags(a0)
    move.b #$C,collision_property(a0) ; <=== This line
    bsr.w ObjC7_InitCollision
    movea.w objoff_38(a0),a1 ; a1=object
    move.b #6,routine_secondary(a1)
    rts[/68k]

12. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    What?! I was so sure. :(

I guess that was a fake memory...I don't suppose it's different in Rev 00

13. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    That same code is for rev 00, rev 01 and rev 02.