don't click here

Subtitled Sonic X is go

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Yash, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I'm impressed they actually kept the card in.

What's really going to prove just HOW uncut they plan this to be will be shown in episode 2, however. =P

2. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    ... I take it you never watched season 2 then.

3. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Though Season 2 is primarily off-world (apart from the first few episodes and the last episode), and prevents the crew from going back home due to a lack of a Planet Egg.

:eng101:

Once episode 2 is subbed, that will determine how far 4Kids will go with their translations.

4. Like Enzo Aquarius, I do look forward to seeing what they do for episode 2.

And in regards to the sub's script, I saw the english version of episode one a hundred times over, then saw the WPP sub a few days ago. That, and I know some Japanese. They are NOT using the dub script. This is for real.

5. CyberKitsune

CyberKitsune

Never enough time. Member
    aaaaaaaaa
    WTF? 4Kids is no longer Nazi?

Wow, it actually looks pretty good considering it's a normal YouTube video and not a HQ or HD.
    I could go for a better font though.

6. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    All the new videos are defaulted to be in HQ. You're going to see the HQ switch less often every day.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Which is really annoying for those of us whose internet connections struggle to stream them in real time. Can't there be a global option somewhere to set what you want the damn video to be in by default?

8. nineko

nineko

italy
    Yes.

Also, &fmt=6 will enforce LQ.

9. synchronizer

synchronizer

There IS an option to do that. Go to account, and on the left tab, click playback setup. There are three options, one of which you may pick.

EDIT: nineko beat me to it.

EDIT 2: I hope HD video quality does not become that standard, because my computer can't handle it. It plays the music well, but the video lags so much that it looks like a 5-frame slideshow. Evr since I installed flash player 10 all flash media has been running so much slower. Can this be fixed?

10. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    4KIDS. I just can't see them release something so "disgraceful" as the word "shit" for the US audience to see.

Especially when seeing them turn a black guy white in One Piece. That was fucking hilariously racist.

11. CyberKitsune

CyberKitsune

Never enough time. Member
    aaaaaaaaa
    Though, this is YouTube we are talking about, and I doubt most "kids" go on YouTube, so, just maybe, 4Kids won't censor anything...
    and, This is US AND Canada, not just US. (If you use a proxy, anywhere else in the world,)

12. yeah because that's not why Youtube implemented a swear filter into the comments feature.

13. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    If this 4Kids Youtube update is any indication, we should be seeing subtitled Sonic X (and Yugioh! Duel Monsters) within the following weeks:

14. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    You know, I think this is the first time I've actually GAINED respect for 4Kids.

15. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    I just wanna see Sonic say shit... I'm also curious to see their interpretation of the theme song.

16. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    The content removed in 4Kids dubs is usually removed because they market itself towards younger audiences. Of course Sonic saying "shit" isn't going to fly on Saturday morning television, but they can be more lenient with a digitally distributed product that less children have access to (much less want to watch, if a kid just wants to watch their cartoon they'd probably watch the dub, which is also provided). As I said, their subtitled version of Yugioh is left completely unaltered.

And to be fair, with One Piece they were probably more concerned with the fact that it was a blackface stereotype (big lips, big eyes, very dark skin) and not just that it was a black guy. Nintendo was under fire for Jynx in Pokemon a while back, and had to recolor her purple in future games - perhaps 4Kids wanted to avoid another situation like that.

17. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Dare I say...thank you 4Kids? :psyduck:

18. Graxer

Graxer

Forget streaming rights issues, I want subbed Sonic X in the UK! I don't like proxys, and want to watch it legitly.

Are they even working on rights for the UK? I don't see how Yu-Gi-Oh can be shown here, but Sonic X can't.

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I know its weird isnt it? A year ago we were still cursing their names now there doing things right. Its a start to gaining hardcore anime fans back but its going to take awhile before I can say "4kids" and "fan" together in the same sentence.

20. nineko

nineko

italy
    You don't need proxies. Just use http://keepvid.com. It will download a local copy of the mp4 itself. What's better than that? You can download them all and keep them in your collection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.