don't click here

Subtitled Sonic X is go

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Yash, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/4KidsTV" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/user/4KidsTV</a>

The featured video right now is a subtitled preview of the first episode of Sonic X, but it's been taken down for some reason. There was probably just a problem with the video.

ChibiGoku should be happy.

2. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Video Basement
    Probably removed to tease us for shits and giggles.

3. Graxer

Graxer

As long as they don't region lock the subtitled versions this is great news.

4. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Considerin' the "Featured Vid" thing itself is region-locked already, at least on my end, I don't think that'll happen.

5. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    <!--quoteo(post=325821:date=Jul 1 2009, 10:42 PM:name=Graxer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Graxer @ Jul 1 2009, 10:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325821">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As long as they don't region lock the subtitled versions this is great news.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Seeing as the other 4Kids stuff is regionized, it is likely (for now). Atleast this shows a glimmer of hope that we will be getting subtitled Sonic X, but we'll see what they do with it.

6. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Doesn't matter if it's region locked or not:

Any of these is region blocked to me still I can see them. Just get a proxy that has an IP address of the country, this case, the US, this one works easily for example.

<a href="http://www.zend2.com" target="_blank">http://www.zend2.com</a>

Not every work though.

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Finally. It's been so hard tracking down subbed versions of Sonic X that I just gave up. >_<+

8. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    Appears to have been removed...

Dammit.

9. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    Holy shit...

Although, yes, it go removed, but this is good news.

10. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Guys, a piece of advise. The original japanese version isn't that great, better than 4kids version but is not like 4kids One Piece vs Japanese One Piece situation.

11. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Thats only because there was less to censor. They still fucked the soundtrack and made every character sound retarded.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We are unable to show you the original featured video for this channel due to age or location restrictions.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Fuck you region-lockers...

<!--quoteo(post=326000:date=Jul 2 2009, 06:47 PM:name=Epsilonsama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Epsilonsama @ Jul 2 2009, 06:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326000">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Guys, a piece of advise. The original japanese version isn't that great<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Uhm, it is? Not everyone hates Sonic X.

13. PsychoHog

PsychoHog

New Jersey
    Locating music in Sound Tests for classic Sonic games
    <!--quoteo(post=326051:date=Jul 2 2009, 04:16 PM:name=Overlord)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Overlord @ Jul 2 2009, 04:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326051">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We are unable to show you the original featured video for this channel due to age or location restrictions.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Fuck you region-lockers...

<!--quoteo(post=326000:date=Jul 2 2009, 06:47 PM:name=Epsilonsama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Epsilonsama @ Jul 2 2009, 06:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326000">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Guys, a piece of advise. The original japanese version isn't that great<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Uhm, it is? Not everyone hates Sonic X.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I like Sonic X. I've liked all the Sonic shows. I used to watch AoStH when I was young. I wish they would make a new one. I mean, they could make a lot of money making a new show. And think about all the different storyline possibilities they have. And speaking of subtitles, has anyone thought of doing Sonic Underground? And where can I find that series?

14. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Just don't expect the subtitles to be full of swearing like most fansubs are. The guys who fansubbed Sonic X were prone to... exaggerate a bit with the swearing. (Though Sonic DID say "Shit" in episode 2 in English)

15. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Video Basement
    <!--quoteo(post=326085:date=Jul 2 2009, 02:59 PM:name=Puto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Puto @ Jul 2 2009, 02:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326085">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The guys who fansubbed Sonic X were prone to... exaggerate a bit with the swearing. (Though Sonic DID say "Shit" in episode 2 in English)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Can I say that 4Kids pulled the preview because they realized that particular line in that episode? Maybe they don't want to sub a series who's central character says a swear word in clear English? It is 4KIDS you know.

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Awesome this is great news. glad to hear 4kids is showing the japanese version of X with subtitles. was anyone able to catch the video before it got removed?

17. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Misfit
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Even if it's subbed, it's going to be censored up the butt, so it isn't really worth looking into.

18. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    <!--quoteo(post=326233:date=Jul 3 2009, 08:17 AM:name=Kei)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kei @ Jul 3 2009, 08:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326233">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=326085:date=Jul 2 2009, 02:59 PM:name=Puto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Puto @ Jul 2 2009, 02:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326085">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The guys who fansubbed Sonic X were prone to... exaggerate a bit with the swearing. (Though Sonic DID say "Shit" in episode 2 in English)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Can I say that 4Kids pulled the preview because they realized that particular line in that episode? Maybe they don't want to sub a series who's central character says a swear word in clear English? It is 4KIDS you know.

If they are really adamant about removing it, all they would have to do is silence 'Shit', shorten the scene, or extend his voice over that part with the next lines. Lots of ways to get around it.

Hmm, were the country barriers removed for the Sonic X episodes? I am able to watch them now. Since this is so, hopefully we won't have to worry about country barriers for the subtitled episodes.

19. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

<!--quoteo(post=326051:date=Jul 2 2009, 09:16 PM:name=Overlord)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Overlord @ Jul 2 2009, 09:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326051">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We are unable to show you the original featured video for this channel due to age or location restrictions.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Fuck you region-lockers...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Use the proxy I mentioned. It works.

20. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Video Basement
    <!--quoteo(post=326283:date=Jul 3 2009, 09:16 AM:name=Enzo Aquarius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enzo Aquarius @ Jul 3 2009, 09:16 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326283">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=326233:date=Jul 3 2009, 08:17 AM:name=Kei)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kei @ Jul 3 2009, 08:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326233">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=326085:date=Jul 2 2009, 02:59 PM:name=Puto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Puto @ Jul 2 2009, 02:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326085">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The guys who fansubbed Sonic X were prone to... exaggerate a bit with the swearing. (Though Sonic DID say "Shit" in episode 2 in English)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If they are really adamant about removing it, all they would have to do is silence 'Shit', shorten the scene, or extend his voice over that part with the next lines. Lots of ways to get around it.

Hmm, were the country barriers removed for the Sonic X episodes? I am able to watch them now. Since this is so, hopefully we won't have to worry about country barriers for the subtitled episodes.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Oh but it wouldn't be uncut and unedited now would it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.