Subtitled Sonic X is go

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Yash, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    <!--quoteo(post=326280:date=Jul 3 2009, 11:03 AM:name=Lobotomy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lobotomy @ Jul 3 2009, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326280">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Even if it's subbed, it's going to be censored up the butt, so it isn't really worth looking into.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    What makes you think that? They're doing the same thing with Yugioh (well, they're not subtitled except for just a handful of episodes), and they're keeping them fully uncut.

Before you argue that, lol, it's Yugioh, there's definitely some content that's iffy, such as Pegasus' eye bleeding:

[​IMG]

that's left unaltered.

2. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Well, actually, the Japan version was perfect to me, nice voice actors, fully uncuted, and well, you know, full openings and endings... what more can you ask?...

well, the fansub wasnt that great, but at least it had a nice quality...

And don't forget the insert songs, like Live and Learn for example...I was like "OMG...this is so fucking epic to watch and listen"

3. Jeiku

Jeiku

Regarding the episode 2 thing, 4Kids could take a leap of faith and just sub that line as "Shoot," for the kids who are too dumb to realize what he actually says. I know it's pretty stupid, but that's the only way I can imagine 4Kids handling it.

4. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    "This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions. "

Fine then! I'll heft out my external hard drive and watch them all from there >.>

...Jerks

5. Bowser

Bowser

Texas
    Music, Art, Photography, etc
    I Thik I recall only one moment where Sonic x gave me a chuckle;

Dr. Robotnik has all the kids outside, and orders them to draw himself, in all of his greatness or whatever the hell the reason was. Then Chris says "It seems like nobody knows how to draw Eggman right". I've taken this as a hit to the various incarnations of Robotnik through comics, the other shows, games, etc.

But other than that, I hated the series. I DID, however, a long time ago, come across the original japanese series that was infact subbed (The first 50 episodes I think, I don't know, But I do know it wasn't the whole series), but it still didn't change the fact that the series was pretty stupid. The characters, the plot (Knowing that it WOULD eventually end, if all they're trying to do is get back to their home world... How about a series that actually takes place in their home world), anything just never appealed to me.

6. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    Video is a <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCWWiWOQxCo" target="_blank">go</a>.

Little disapointed by the fact they have to use TMS' international masters, but that's not a big deal. I'm just glad we're finally getting legal subtitled Sonic X now. This is WAY over due.

7. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Ok, that just made me realize something...

They must think wind turbines are a lot smaller than they actually are. These things are gigantic, a single blade is longer that a typical semi truck trailer.

8. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    (Sam note: This English is grammatically incorrect.) made me lol. Other than that, pretty awesome.

9. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    I love how I get a region error when I try to watch it, but keepvid.com can download it just fine :3

Keep that in mind if you, too, get a region error and don't feel like looking for a proxy.

10. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    Now here's the recap of all events that occured to this:

4Kids uploaded Raw Yugioh without Subtitles.

4Kids adds more episodes without subtitles.

4Kids uploads Subtitled Yugioh from the Uncut Release, though these subs are less than perfect.

Indication of 4Kids looking into Sonic X uncut was indicated.

4Kids eventually uploads a preview and quickly removes it for unknown reasons.

Yesterday, 4Kids reuploaded said preview <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCWWiWOQxCo" target="_blank">here</a> (those out of the US can <a href="http://www.fast-box.net/browse.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzCWWiWOQxCo&b=4&f=norefer" target="_blank">view it here</a>).

People are happy.

Discuss.

11. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    <!--quoteo(post=328787:date=Jul 10 2009, 03:22 PM:name=ChibiGoku)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChibiGoku @ Jul 10 2009, 03:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=328787">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yesterday, 4Kids reuploaded said preview <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCWWiWOQxCo" target="_blank">here</a> (those out of the US can <a href="http://www.fast-box.net/browse.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzCWWiWOQxCo&b=4&f=norefer" target="_blank">view it here</a>).

People are happy.

Discuss.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

For the record, it's not locked out for Canada.

Also wow, they kept the Sonic Boom information card. I thought for sure they would've removed that.

12. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    No wai! Now I can continure where I left off in 2003!

13. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedjjjjjehogsa.

14. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    After watching this, I am impressed. I thought they would've fudged something up like some cuts (like the information card I mentioned above) or changed the music. Everything original was there, and I like it.

Also, we can finally watch Japanese Sonic X without that clock in the corner. :v:

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    <!--quoteo(post=328799:date=Jul 10 2009, 10:36 AM:name=Enzo Aquarius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enzo Aquarius @ Jul 10 2009, 10:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=328799">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->After watching this, I am impressed. I thought they would've fudged something up like some cuts (like the information card I mentioned above) or changed the music. Everything original was there, and I like it.

Also, we can finally watch Japanese Sonic X without that clock in the corner. :v:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ah clock encodes I remember those! back when .avi and .rvmb were the only encodes out there and subs were not available fun times in the tails2k forum...

Are they using the American script or the Japanese script for the subs?

16. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    You forgot the part where 4kids stated in their comments section that they were fans of LittleKuribo :psyduck:

17. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    4Kids is doing something RIGHT.

...there must be something WRONG with that company. Seriously, what happened inside? Did the leader nazi guy die or something? :psyduck:

18. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    <!--quoteo(post=328935:date=Jul 10 2009, 12:29 PM:name=Lanzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lanzer @ Jul 10 2009, 12:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=328935">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=328799:date=Jul 10 2009, 10:36 AM:name=Enzo Aquarius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enzo Aquarius @ Jul 10 2009, 10:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=328799">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->After watching this, I am impressed. I thought they would've fudged something up like some cuts (like the information card I mentioned above) or changed the music. Everything original was there, and I like it.

Also, we can finally watch Japanese Sonic X without that clock in the corner. :v:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ah clock encodes I remember those! back when .avi and .rvmb were the only encodes out there and subs were not available fun times in the tails2k forum...

Are they using the American script or the Japanese script for the subs?
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm pretty sure it's the Japanese script, although it may just be my memory messing with me.

19. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    <!--quoteo(post=328956:date=Jul 10 2009, 03:55 PM:name=Iceguy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Iceguy @ Jul 10 2009, 03:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=328956">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->4Kids is doing something RIGHT.

...there must be something WRONG with that company. Seriously, what happened inside? Did the leader nazi guy die or something? :psyduck:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    4Kids seems to run on Sega's Schedule: Do a hundred things wrong, then one right. Repeat.

20. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    I STILL think that Sanji's voice in One Piece was amazing. Although most people use that as the crux for their argument on why 4kids should die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.