don't click here

SRB2 2.0 is here!

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Shadow Hog, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
  2. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Oh boy, I just hit 3.0kb/s. WOO! =P

I haven't played SRB2 for years but I hear that it's returning for SAGE, so I'm guessing this is the SAGE build right? D:

3. Dark Warrior

Dark Warrior

Gamera - Friend of Children Member
    Worcester, Massachusetts
    Sonic Robo Blast 2: Junior Dev Member
    It is.

This is the "Grab it before the site is torn down because of heavy traffic" release. =P

4. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Ah, I might as well wait then since I'm not in any rush for it.

5. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

Apparently shooting kills things Member
    Wow. I'm already at 25% in about 10 seconds.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yeah, it doesn't take long to download at all. It's taken me about 2 minutes at the very most.

7. synchronizer

synchronizer

Is there a ppc mac version? I remember trying out one of the the older build...

EDIT: If not, I hope a playthrough will be uploaded on youtube or something like that.

8. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy

Tech Member
    Doom 32X
    This is a BITTORRENT release - the more people who get on, the better it gets. There's no reason to "wait for the rush to subside" - that's just silly with a torrent. :eng101:

9. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Are the music and the controls good now? This game is a good concept, but to be honest, the aforementioned problems make it harder for me to really enjoy the game.

10. Dark Warrior

Dark Warrior

Worcester, Massachusetts
    I am well aware. However, what you don't know is that we're setting up direct downloads tomorrow. And since tomorrow is when the initial release date was supposed to be, we are anticipating MAJOR traffic.

Hence the above line. :)

There is a ton of new music. GFZ, THZ, and CEZ each use old music, but everything else has new music in it. The controls were touched on a bit, but not to any major extent. You'd have to try it to see if it makes a difference to you.

11. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    And with this, an era passes.

This may not be a 100% complete release, but I have to give major props to SSNTails and STJr, in all its evolutions over the years, for having the strength to see this through. The SRB franchise has been around before many of us were active in this community, and I remember covering it in the first iterations of TSSZ. It has evolved from one fan's Klik N Play tinkering to something that really defines what Sonic fan games and fandom is all about. This franchise has set the foundation for the SFG explosion we saw this decade, and all the games and demos that followed have AJ and STJr to thank for some inspiration, even if not yet realized.

—Wow, I'm old.

12. Dark Warrior

Dark Warrior

Worcester, Massachusetts
    What? You think we're done?

13. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

Apparently shooting kills things Member
    I feel like this is an incredibly stupid question, but Dark Warrior, who are you? Are you in STJ?

The game is pretty good. it feels nice to play some new single player SRB2 levels.

14. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    I'm currently seeding the torrent on a 1 Gbps line. That ought to be enough for everybody. :)

15. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Yes, both DW and I are part of Sonic Team Jr.

16. corneliab

corneliab

Shoot, I have to leave somewhere for the weekend right now.

Well, I'll bring my laptop along and download this sucker when I can. Can't wait for revamped Castle Eggman.

17. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    Nope. AJ's done though. That's what I was referring to.

18. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    This. Give a little love for the Mac only guys! And yes, the mac version of the previous build does exist. I have it. Also Shadow Hog I didn't know you were part of STJ. D=

19. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    Last time I checked, SRB2 was open-source (since it's based on Doom), so it should usually just be a matter of recompiling the game on a Power Macintosh.

20. synchronizer

synchronizer

Hopefully the mac version will be recompiled soon then. That is good news. Now there are three Sonic fangames that I can play (that I know of). SRB2, Retro Sonic XG, and Sonic Nexus.

CREATORS OF SRB2: Please make a ppc mac version (and intel version for newer mac users) for S.A.G.E please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.