don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Remember that X-Play special that aired Friday night? The one with all the amazing Adabat footage? They said it was coming out "this month". As in November. Whether or not it's next week is beyond me, but it'll definitely be this month.

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    This has to be one of the most confusing release schedules for a Sonic game ever. We've got dates flying left and right and SoA is still only pitching "Holiday 2008" and nothing more concrete.

3. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    From ArchangelUK, via TSSZ, probably originally posted on Sonic Stadium,
    Sounds good, But why delay until 2009? Japanese Sonic fans probably want this game as much as we do.

4. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Japan isn't that big on Sonic anymore.

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I keep seeing all this crap about delays somehow equating to a better game. We had a discussion about this in IRC the other day, and it basically came down to the fact that the game, as a product, is already completed. Done. It won't have anymore alterations. All the delay now is either for the sake of aesthetics (in the case of Japan, syncing the releases), or for the sake of preparing to meet production demands. That's it. Any hopes that a delay in this case is a good thing becomes null and void.

You realize a delay is not a good thing, right? It is a clear indication that that production team responsible for this game is incapable of meeting the goals it was presented in the proposed amount of time before release. Besides that, I have no idea where the hell you guys got the whole "delay = good" thing from... a deadline is a deadline, and a game has to meet that—period. The continued delay of a game on the basis that you "think it'll be better" will eventually lead to getting obscenely late games, such as Duke Nukem Forever.

I can think of some other rushed games that ended up turning out well. Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic Adventure—all of these games were rushed to meet a deadline, and whilst they were gimped a bit, they still ended up being fantastic games. I see no reason why a delay is a good thing, because a good game will be good regardless of when it's released.

6. Jof

Jof

Scotland
    Sonic Fantasy
    He makes a point. Sure development teams should be able to meet their deadlines, but sometimes delay can be good, I can name few games that would have benefited from a bit of extra time (NiGHTS Jod, '06 etc. etc), but I agree that Sonic Unleashed is past the point of change. Hell, I can't see all that much that needs fixing, it's looking pretty decent. It's definitely finished and being printed as we speak.

7. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Yeah, but unfortunately (or fortunately, you decide) there's not as many as there are here, or anywhere else in the world.

I figure it'll be within the next 2 or 3 weeks. Whatever.

8. I don't know what I missed. The last I heard, it was coming out this Friday.

Anyways, a delay only means that they aren't finished, and will rush too get it done sooner, which could lead to them forgetting to put some stuff in.

By the way, why does no one like the werehog? I think it looks like a good gameplay variation, It does look more like a fighting game or something similar. I haven't seen a lot of the werehog action though.

9. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
  10. synchronizer

synchronizer

Looks pretty good. Is there gameplay footage around anywhere? These were obviously taken off-screen. Perhaps it is called the Torndado 3 anyone? I'm guessing you have one of these stages every time you go to a new "Zone" location.

11. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Wow, they redesigned the Tornado. It looks a lot more cartoony now. I love it. I love this game's art direction.

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I love that rendering. It's very bright and colorful—something we haven't seen out of a Sonic game for quite a while now. Cool stuff. :colbert:

13. synchronizer

synchronizer

This will make the game even better. :colbert:

14. Sokaris

Sokaris

Here is a man who stood up. Member
    Achievement list is out.
    The last stage is Eggmanland. Also there are.... hotdogs.

15. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    On the topic of release dates, the UK Sega site says "28/11/2008" for all platforms, except for PS3 where it simply says "December, 2008"

16. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    What's with all the hot dog and talking to towns people achievements?

17. synchronizer

synchronizer

Eggman land? So appropriate! And the hot dogs...weird. Perhaps they picked up on the "Sonic likes chili dogs" idea. Become better friends with Chip sounds cute. Another level called "Wentos" is mentioned too.

18. Jof

Jof

Scotland
    Sonic Fantasy
    Just noticed the Chao puppet in the First Time Customer achievement.

19. "BFFs
    Become better friends with Chip"

"Hedgehunk
    Talk with people in the pursuit of love"

Do I see a Dating Sim Minigame :colbert:?

20. Cap

Cap

Day Tripper and Hard days night achievements.
    Beatles reference much. XD

Also, Sega managed to keep one level hidden. Not for long though. But eggman land. That means eggman is slightly successful this time around. That should be fun.
    Also, 9 levels plus tornado missions. Thats pretty good overall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.