don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Powpuck

Powpuck

"Bold"? I distinctly recall a press release confirming that they will.

https://heroichollywood.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-lee-majdoub/

I'd prefer to link to other corroborating sources, but I had the temerity to use a search engine with safe search turned off so fuck everyone and everything.

2. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

I will bet you dollars to donuts they don't go around collecting items and points either, tbh

3. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Next you're going to say that they won't be transporting to alternate dimensions with floating half pipes.

4. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Oh God this literally means we've got Tails and Knuckles designs to come in the same nightmare fuel abomination style. God help us.

5. Powpuck

Powpuck

They'll be Subway™ sandwich points.

6. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I would easily watch a 2 hour movie of Sonic and some rando cop going "..Uhh, there's some more Points over here, let's go. Then we'll head up this street and grab some items".

The finale of the movie is just a 20 minute End of Stage points tally before Sonic says the final line of the movie "Yeah! We got a lot of points!"

*cue You're the The Voice to end credits*

7. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    The climax of the film will involve Sonic and Officer Burpo being unable to defeat Robotnik, then Sonic finds a Toshiba® 4K TV (part of a licensing deal) with invincibility stars. He breaks it and becomes super strong, turning the tide of the battle.

8. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    There's been a ton of "fan-art" of people drawing the new design on reddit and "warming up" to it. I'm seriously thinking that its a bunch of PR for the movie. Of course this fandom is weird as fuck, so it could also be the weird side of the fandom. But for real, it reeks of PR.

9. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    I really doubt it's PR. Some people genuinely don't care that much about it and others probably WANT to like the design (even if they probably dislike it) and are trying to find ways to make it palatable.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I've seen some artist interpretations of the design that look pretty good, but good in the sense of like this image here:

[​IMG]

(Done by @Tyler_J_McGrath on Twitter). Like the image is really well done but the basis of the image is garbage.

11. Nova

Nova

12. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    You could've at least showed us the picture on here as well as the link....

...Oh, it doesn't work. Never mind, I'll upload this fantastic (comparatively) artwork of his onto Imgur:
    The body proportions and eyes look so much better when done right; plus it looks far superior done as a 2D image to that 3D mess.

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Yea, not bad Ty, not bad at all.

Still looks freaky without gloves and wrong colored arms, but it's pretty ok as is.

Edit: To clarify, it's ok as is in 2D. Like I wouldn't reflexively upchuck my stomach contents upon sight if this were the design for say, a spin-off comic series or something.

14. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    [​IMG]

sorry.

15. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Some more "fixes" to Sonic on Twitter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So apparently these leaks may not be final designs either...

Jesus just reveal the final design already and end this circle jerking speculation.

17. RDNexus

RDNexus

It may happen in one week's time, at SXSW.

18. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Where are you seeing this dude? And yeah wouldn't be surprised if they went in to panic mode late last year and the design is being revamped. Even though they've finishing shooting and are in post production - from when they released the poster last year they still had over a year in which to modify the CG and the design. So we could be seeing the original version and not the updated one.

And yeah SXSW is where it's at as we'll likely see a more up to date glimpse of the film there. It tends to be a movie focused event also so Sonic movie news is very likely.

19. Linkabel

Linkabel

At this point in the game it's too late to change it dramatically. Plus, the news that Tails Channel broke is that it's the render the most closely resembles the final design, so don't get your hopes up.

20. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Yeah fair enough - and good point also. I was going to add that I was potentially grasping at straws in my post as a dramatic change to the design is admittedly unlikely. It's interesting that we're getting reports that the leaked design is not final however. I mean those promo images look as final as could possibly be. I mean they're official marketing materials?

I think I just hoped - and many probably feel the same - that this film would be good for Sonic. And everything we're seeing is disheartening because it looks like it won't be.