don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!

The movie comes out April 8th, 2022. Also a 3rd Sonic movie has been announced, along with a Knuckles spin off series for Paramount Plus.

What a world

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Neat.

3. Agobue

Agobue

Neat.

4. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Nice! I think this might be when the filmmakers hit their stride and really give us a good movie. Can’t wait.

5. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I know everyone loved the movie, but I never watched it because I thought it looked lame.

Good for fans of the movie though!

6. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    I never thought there would be a timeline where I was looking forward to a sequel to the Sonic movie, but here we are!

7. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Awesome.. my wife and I pleasantly enjoyed the first movie.. it was a lot of fun.. can’t wait

8. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

size of a tangerine Member
    US
    This is definitely good news!

9. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    I'm very optimistic about this... also Fowler will be returning to direct.

The first movie was enjoyable (excluding some questionable moments). Looking forward to this. I thought that Fowler did a decent job directing the film. His prior experience in animation made the scenes that focused on CG animation and effects (like the bar scene and Robotnik's dance) by far the most visually interesting. Hoping with the sequel he can push these types of sequences further, especially since (I'm guessing) the second movie will focus more on animation with Tails and the Mushroom World being revealed at the end of the prior movie.

10. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    I'm very curious what they're going to do with Tails considering Tom took his place as Sonic's best friend and Sonic's personality has changed enough that it's going to affect their relationship.

Sonic was Tails' ideal. Heroic, kind, strong, and he knew exactly what he wanted out of life and would stop at nothing to get it save anything that might harm to others. That's the one thing he could not forgive. Seeing Tails go from literally chasing Sonic's shadow to becoming a hero in his own right from Sonic 2 to Sonic Adventure is a very satisfying journey and one that felt earned.

This Sonic is full of flaws and anxieties the normal Sonic never really possessed, at least until recently. He's not a flawless badass who everyone wishes they could be. He's a kid who mans up when he needs to so he can protect his friends. Which is nice but it changes the dynamic of their relationship and seems to paint them more as equals early on.

I guess we'll see what they do but I have faith in this project. Just hope they play more of the games and do even more meme research before the scripting begins.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Cool, I guess. Hopefully it's better than the first one.

12. I'm very happy we're getting a sequel. Hope we will get more Sonic (the games, ofc) / SEGA representation.

13. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Not really sure what there is to say at this point, but cool.

I find it strange that I want and am excited for a sequel to a movie that I didn't think was much more than just okay, but yeah.

14. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Alright! Looking forward to it! Hopefully they can make a worthy sequel.

15. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Personally, I doubt the studio will be motivated to try harder for a movie that's higher in quality and/or hems closer to the source material. Families and many Sonic fans deemed what was done with the first movie to be good enough to see it in the theater, and the film was able to gross over triple its production budget worldwide as a result. Maybe some members of the crew will lobby to raise the bar, but I personally expect a sequel to be more of the same except with some added sprinkles of fanservice as a means to throw fans a bone.

16. Wildcat

Wildcat

Very happy to see it confirmed even if it was already excepted. Hope they use Super Sonic and show the special zone on his map.

People say the first one wasn’t close enough to the source material but I think it was very close. Sure the movie was kept as simple as possible being the first time but it still very much matched the source material imo.

We got Green Hill zone, even though it’s brief

The rings are used to travel

The echidna tribe seem to play an important part

Robotnik ends up in Mushroom Hill

The map clearly indicates emeralds

Again I know people wanted these things front and center but the first movie needed to establish Sonic and Robotnik. Plus locations on earth have been used as stages...so they’re sort of game related. Especially San Francisco.

17. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    it won't be the same without The Design...

18. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    I still haven’t seen the first one and I’m not sure if I ever will. As soon as I found out that SEGA had very little involvement in it I lost all interest in seeing it. Also I although I was never a huge fan of Roger Craig Smith’s Sonic voice, I found it really weird and even a bit disrespectful that they didn’t have him voice Sonic despite him voicing Sonic in every single English-language Sonic media since 2010.

But hey, if all of you guys enjoyed it and want more, then who am I to judge.

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'm surprised the time between "there's no sequel in development" and "lol jk we're working on it" was so short.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    "I've never watched the movie, but I have an opinion about it, but I really shouldn't judge, but I guess I'll post it anyway."