don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. BadBehavior

BadBehavior

I'm looking forward more to the next sonic movie than the next sonic game. I'd imagine peoples heads would explode if you said that around the time Colours/Generations came out.

2. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Add long as we don’t have another Sonic 4 incident where Jun feels that “I can do dis all by myslf”

3. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well that's a cute little nod lol. Hopefully Tyson is on from the start.

EDIT: Tyson agreed with this that means it's true :V

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  5. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    Man thats a pretty quick turn around from the first movie right? I guess strike while the iron is hot. Although now that I count the months since it was announced 10 months of pre-production for a sequal seems about perfect really, if they were to have begun pre-production just as it was announced in May. I'm cautiously optimistic for the film, although with it filming in Vancouver it makes me think it will be more of the same as the first movie.

6. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    don't forget, vancouver has a lot of grants and such for movie filming, to encourage companies to film there. much like how georgia has marvel movies shot there all the time.

that said...man I hope to god it's different...

7. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie

8. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Reports are emerging that + - Knuckles the Echidna   is going to be playing a significant role in the movie. The reports are unverified right now so I’m not taking it too seriously now, but it’d definitely be interesting to see...

9. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Cool with me, I always liked Knuckles more than Tails anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    If that's true, the next logical step is to attach the infamous "& Knuckles" to the movie title, e.g. "Sonic 2 & Knuckles", unless they want to troll us and pull a "Knuckles in Sonic 2" for consistency.

11. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    All of these "reports" are sourcing The Illuminerdi who has an awful track record from my research, so much so that their lies about recent Power Rangers things were proven false and got them banned from a PR wiki. Sometimes their info is legitimate but it seems to either be due to being a safe "duh" concept any fan can come up with or is lifted from one of many other rumor sites. It seems that more often than not they just say things that never materialize and can't be fact-checked past their expiration date. This article is not written at all like a legitimate rumor piece and reads entirely like amateur fan click-bait.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  12. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    As a fan, seeing Knuckles in the second movie would be very exciting, but at the same time, it would seem like cramming too much in one movie.. maybe just save it for a potential third movie to complete the trilogy

Dumb Theory: Do you think SEGA is trying to bring Knuckles in for the second movie to avoid going to “Sonic 3 & Knuckles”? Think about it, a potential third movie will bring attention to the original game itself and knowing SEGA, they WILL pretend it doesn’t exist because of “you know what” and the lack of bringing it back.
    But again this is all speculation so who the hell knows.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  13. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    + - I worry about this too. This same pandering/cramming too much into a movie thing is exactly what happened with the second Michael Bay TMNT movie, and that film was a mess. I guess Rise of Skywalker kinda fell into the same trap, too.  

14. Calling it now + - they're going to combine Sonic 2 and 3K for the sequel, then do Sonic Adventure 2 with elements of SA1 for the third movie. Shadow is way too popular for them not to try to build up to him.  

15. Wildcat

Wildcat

First whether the info is correct doesn’t matter. Given how part 1 started and ended (along with other hints) it’s extremely obvious Knuckles will appear.

Second, it’s not cramming too much into the movie. Robotnik will just have a legitimate partner this time (nothing against Stone) to help him return and get revenge.

Robotnik is stuck in Mushroom Hill, which is supposed to be part of the Floating Island. Plus both have something against Sonic. Nothing else makes sense from Robotnik’s standpoint.

Tails needs Sonic’s help. Maybe it’s about Robotnik depending how long after he arrived. Robotnik has been stuck for at least 87 days but it does not seem to line up. I mean it could but it’d be pretty complicated imo. Tails might have a different but related issue.

I don’t know if I really needed to put this in Spoilers. It’s been widely discussed.

16. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Putting it that way,
    they'll probably simplify his (let's be honest, convoluted) backstory by merging him with Metal Sonic. Rather than being "the Vegeta to Sonic's Goku", he'd be "the Bass to Sonic's MegaMan".

17. I strongly disagree with this point. If this was some random fansite then whatever but this is Sonic Retro, the place that in the past tore all kinds of holes in fake "beta" rumors and other such things. Speculating based on unfounded rumors goes against the foundations of the site and is beneath us.

18. Myles_Zadok

Myles_Zadok

IDK Member
    No. Robotnik was sent to the Mushroom Planet, which was a separate world from Sonic's homeworld (where the Echidnas were at the beginning of the movie) according to Sonic's map. Angel Island would have to exist in Sonic's world, not the Mushroom Planet. Unless the Echidna tribe figured out intergalactic travel and moved to the Mushroom Planet, they are still in Sonic's world. Also, the Mushroom Planet (as depicted in the movie) looks nothing like Mushroom Hill Zone. One is an apparently barren world of nothing but mushrooms (Eggman even states the planet is uninhabited, but I suppose it's possible he wouldn't necessarily know if it was uninhabited). The other is lush, green, and full of life (trapped in robots, but they're there). In addition, Tails was specifically looking for Sonic and needed his help, presumably to fight Eggman. That would imply that Eggman made it to Sonic's world, and getting off the Mushroom Planet was his stated goal: "A lesser man would die here. (pulls out tube containing a charged Sonic quill) I'll be home by Christmas."

I don't know if the theory that the Mushroom Planet was supposed to be a jab at Mario is true or not, but I am fairly certain the Mushroom Planet is not Mushroom Hill Zone.

19. Wildcat

Wildcat

The first movie alone is reason enough to believe Knuckles will be in it. The creators have said they want to use him. Plus they have Echidna models. Hints and rumors are not even needed.

As for Mushroom Hill. It’s clearly meant it be from the games. The map silhouette matches even though it does not look like the game in-person. It might have been an old design that was not replaced.

They definitely could have changed it to a planet instead an Island for creative purposes. Either way Sonic probably does not know since he left as a baby.

Anyway I cannot see them putting a Mushroom place of all things and it not have something to do with Knuckles. It’s too big of a coincidence.

20. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    A lot of assumption on your part. "They want to use it" and "He'll be there" are not correlative, there weren't echidnas there until tyson joined, so go figure. If it is Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Hill or Mushroom Filler, we don't know, but, given the original concept of the movie, there's a bigger probability of it being a boring filler than any kind of spot-on game reference, yet we don't know, so neither of us can say any option is a given. You also say having both echdnas and mushroom hill is a proof of it when that kind of planning requires the previous two having being introduced together, which they weren't. I mean, you could be right, but, come on, don't say it's a given with what we know, we know barely nothing.